11931 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, California, 92840, United States

ResidenceInn.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Home Away From Home!

We stayed at this hotel in October 2005 on our family trip to Disneyland. We had two children ages 6 & 8 with us. The hotel is quite new (around 3 years old) and is very well kept up. Excellent housekeeping, friendly staff. Quiet building. Nice pool. Great location. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. Highly recommend!

Unique Quality: The rooms come with a kitchen suite in each one. The kitchens have built in dishwashers, stoves, microwaves, coffee makers etc. The housekeeping will run the dishwasher for you every day even if you only have 3 dirty dishes which is quite a waste of water but nice of them to clean up. We did not get the kids-suite but we found having a TV in the bedroom and in the living area worked well for us. The hotel has a complimentary buffet breakfast. There is a do-it-yourself waffle bar, donuts, danishs, muffins, fruit, juices, milk, scrambled eggs, tortillas, etc. A complimentary evening snack/dinner was served from Monday-Thursdays only eg. chili, corndogs, rice with egg rolls, and spaghetti.

The outdoor patio/pool area was quite peaceful. It had a deep pool, a wading pool and a jacuzzi. It would have been better had there been a dirty towel bin set up as it seemed towels were being taken out and left on chairs but not being used.

The shuttle service to Disneyland cost us $3.00 day . It was supposed to run every 20 minutes but we found that not always accurate. We were the first stop on the route and we filled it up with just our hotel a couple of times and the next hotel in line had to wait for another shuttle to arrive before they could get on. As far as shopping goes - a Target store is close by as is a Von's grocery store. T-shirts and mugs are sold at the hotel gift shop for the same price as the discount stores close to Disneyland but with the convenience of not having to carry it back to your hotel. Water is 99cents a bottle at the gift shop as compared to $2.75 at Disneyland. Restaurants - Outbacks Steakhouse, Joe's Crab Shack, Red Robins, are all within one block as is Starbucks as well. We were on the 8th floor of the hotel and since our room faced Disneyland we were able to watch the fireworks at Disneyland from our bedroom. Although we faced the road we heard no traffic. The room was VERY quiet.

Directions: Take the airport shuttle to Anaheim Resort Area. Make sure you specify the Residence Inn on Harbour Boulevard. The name of this hotel is The Residence Inn by Marriott but the shuttles appear to call it Residence Inn.

More about Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area

The Place for families to stay

by TripAdvisor Member VICanada

Dec. 9 to 13/04 -- Fantastic place for kids, especially with the kid's suite. Clean, very friendly staff, relaxed, great buffet breakfast, wonderful pool and hot tub, and games room. The room was very, very nice with a nice and comfortable king bed, bunk beds, kitchen, 3 TVs and every day it was cleaned for us. The shuttle to Disney is quick and easy to catch. The bus drivers are amusing, sharing jokes with you along the way. The hotel is close to grocery shops for supplies. I would go back in a minute. And in the rooms, you do not hear the other guests at all from either the hallways or adjacent rooms. Thanks Residence Inn Anaheim, you helped make our trip a great success!!!

Great Hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member Traveler1379

Since this was our family's first trip to Disneyland in May of 2004, I did a tremendous amount of research on where to stay. I was looking for convenience, and good amenities at a good price. Residence Inn Garden Grove definitely fit the bill.

My wife and I were traveling with our two children, (4 & 2) and my mother-in-law. We stayed in the family suite with kid's room. My wife & I had our own private bedroom and full bath. The kids had their own room with TV, VCR, bunk beds and full bath. (No door on the kids room was great so we could keep an eye on them.) Grandma slept on the very comfortable pullout sofa in the living room. The room had a total of 3 TVs along with a kitchen and dining area.

The breakfast was plentiful and, although crowded, there was plenty of food. Some days we ate inside, some days in the room and others outside by the pool. There were snacks or a hot item every night between 5-7, although we were usually still at the park and not there to take part. There are large outdoor gas grills for you to use to have your own barbeque if you provide the food.

A great feature that others don't have is the grocery shopping service. I would leave a list at the front desk in the morning on our way to the park and we would find the items in our room or fridge when we returned. We were simply charged the actual price of the groceries, no additional cost. Although we didn't cook in the room, this was great for shopping for bottled water, soda, peanut butter, bread, juice, for the kids.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The pool was great and not crowded at all.

Others have said that the shuttle was crowded and it took a long time. Well it is free, so that sometimes means some inconvenience. Most of the time we took the shuttle in the morning which was very convenient and if we were tired at the end of the day and didn't want to wait with the others, the hotel was close enough that it was a $6 cab ride back. (There was always a line of taxis waiting at the park, so no wait for one).

Overall, the price was outstanding for everything that we received. When you factor in that this is a brand new property, free breakfast, great rooms, pool & jacuzzi, free shuttle, grocery service, great people, etc... etc... you get a lot for your money. I travel extensively on business and have often received much less and paid much more.

I highly recommended this hotel and will be returning again in the spring of 2005.

Good for Children, not as clean as hoped in the rooms, cheap linens

We stayed here from Oct 17-22 in a Family suite with the King and bunk beds. The accomodations were nice, but less than I expected. The mattress on the King bed was cheap foam, the linens were poor quality, the towels smelled like gym towels. The bathrooms had mold on the caulking. Overall for a 2 year old hotel suite I expected the rooms to be cleaner - maybe I am just too picky?

The breakfast was great. The food was good. The room is CROWDED, but you CAN take the food up to your room:) They close the food lines too early for me ~ 9am... The evening snack was a bonus too (if we were there between 5-7pm) The bus transportation to the Parks to/from was free and convenient.

My wife kept complaining about finding hair in the rooms. The microwave was LOUD, the toaster did not work, they did NOT put sheets on the bunk beds, or the hide a bed. They were pleasant overall, but not $150 / night pleasant.

I would stay there again, but I would prefer to stay in the Embassy Suites next door. The only benefit to this hotel is the bunk bed room for the kids.

Perfect with kids.

We stayed at the Residence Inn for four nights over the Halloween weekend, 2004. I would recommend it to anyone with kids, particularly little kids. Here's why. First, there is a shuttle back and forth to Disneyland every half hour that is included. It was nice and clean and saved us having to find and pay for parking every day. Second, the rooms were nicely appointed and felt really clean (other than some old soap I found in the shower). They have a full kitchen and living room, which was convenient because my husband, son and I shared a two-bedroom suite with my sister in law, brother in law and their two kids. It worked out very well. The breakfast buffet, also included, had lots of food and lots of variety and was very good. The only thing is it is kind of a zoo down there and you have to fend for yourself. The pool was allegedly heated, but way to cold to take my 1 1/2 year old in and the spa looked a little on the green side. Having said that, there were people using both who didn't seem to mind at all. The hotel also has a sport court that a bunch of boys were using that was really nice. I am not really into fancy, but I care very much about cleanliness because I have a 1 1/2 year old who touches everything and lays on the floor, no matter how hard I try not to let him. I wouldn't call it fancy, but it was clean, smelled nice, no bugs, no mold, no stains, nice clean beds, good breakfast food - I will definitely stay there again, especially if the price is right.

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member twoworlds

Pros:

Pet friendly
Can leave your pet in your room unattended
Clean
New
Big enough room
Plenty of towels and amenities provided in room
Good Price
Good breakfast
Shuttle to Disneyland
Nice pool and hot tub area
Friendly staff
Relaxed atmosphere - ie - they don't chase you around here at this hotel/not too many "rules".

Cons:

1)Breakfast only till 9am. Um.......I like to sleep in on vacation!!!
Some breakfast items will run out by 8.45 and will not be replaced.

2) This is a basic place that essentially services Disneyland and the convention crowd. Do't go expecting concierge type knowledge of the front desk staff- ie - they won't have a recommendation for best sushi within 10 miles. Or for a restaurant open past 10pm on a weeknight. You need to figure that stuff out somehow yourself.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with our stay. It was very good value for the money, and close to Disnelyand and several restaurants. We ate at Buca di Beppo, which was great. A nice change from the nasty IHOPs and other downmarket chains lining Harbor Blvd. Go hungry!

Spacious rooms

by TripAdvisor Member OregonTraveler7

We (3 adults, 2 kids) stayed here Nov. 10 - 15. We had a kid's suite with king bed and bunk beds. The extra space was a real plus with 5 of us. My mother-in-law slept on the hide-a-bed couch and said "it wasn't bad". But once it was open there was no way around it to get into the bunk room. The kids loved their bunk beds. My son wanted to bring the mattress home! There was a pocket door between the bunk room and the living room. There was plenty of storage place, which was nice as we prefer to not live out of our suitcase for 5 days. We arrived at the hotel about 10:30 a.m. and were able to check into our room with no extra charge! Breakfast was nice, always plenty of food. I agree with other guests who say the breakfast hours should run later. We were always at Disneyland, so we didn't partake in the evening reception. The free shuttle next door at the Hyatt was very convenient.

A few things that we found odd: the bunk beds were not made up with sheets and blankets, they were in a drawer for us to make. Families are staying there, shouldn't those have been made? The fridge was not on and therefore ready for use. Overall it was clean, but they need to pull the furniture out and vacuum thoroughly!!! We found someone else's cards and socks behind the bunk beds. One day the cleaning staff left a couple of legos on the table, but they weren't our legos. One the plus side though, the sheets, towels, carpet, bathroom all were very, very clean. It was just the detailed cleaning that needs more attention.

Not sure if we'd stay there or not as we have another hotel we like much better in the area. But the extra space was a big plus for us, that's for sure.

Great

We booked this hotel through a travel agent offering it in a package. We did not know what to expect and were greatly impressed. We have stayed many different other locations as Disneyland is one of our favorite vacation spots.

The first thing I noticed when we checked in were freshly-baked cookies. The reception clerk, offered us some and was very friendly. We checked in and loved the size of the rooms. We did not get a kids suite, rather a lower priced room with a hide-a-bed and a separate bedroom. After seeing the accomodations of the other rooms are friends had rented( a kids suite) I would have opted for a kids suite, which had two bathrooms and not just one.

The breakfast was very good. If you go early enough you can beat the crowds of people. The pool was very warm. One could see steam rising from the water at breakfast time and at night time.

The evening snack was good as well. One night chili, another night nachos, another salad. On those nights, we did not have dinner and saved some more money.

The only thing I could see them improving was the transportation. The location of the drop-off at Disneyland was outside of the park. But that was just a minor inconvenience. All of the hotels on the route( Hampton Inn, Hilton) had the same problem.

After staying here, my family is done looking for a nice play to stay. We have found it.

Good value, good place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member SRDad

We just returned from S. Cal/Disneyland and stayed here for 5 nights. We had a kid's suite with double queens. Given the 2 adult/4 kid makeup of our family, this (including the sofabed) gave everyone a bed of their own (of course, mom and dad shared...). The 2 bathrooms were a saving grace, since our kids are getting old enough to take awhile in the shower, drying hair, etc. The kitchen area was nice, we stored leftovers from the drive in the refridgerator and used the microwave to warm them up, and to pop popcorn. The morning breakfast was good and hot, if a little crowded toward the end of the time (the breakfast runs from 6:30 - 9:00 am). Having fresh cooked waffles was great. We figured being able to have a big breakfast saved us at least $30 a day in snacks and food in the parks. The rooms wasn't any too spacious with the 6 of us in there, but we weren't cramped either. The bathrooms were good sized, plenty of room to move around. In the "master" bath, the sink area was separated from the tub, so one could shower while someone else primped. The bunk beds were in a separate room, but there wasn't a door separating it from the main living area. We were all tired enough at the end of the day that it didn't really matter, but if one wanted to stay up and watch the tube it might have been distracting for the kids. It was a bit strange having to make the bunks up ourselves, but not that big of a deal. The sofabed seemed a typical sofabed, but the son that slept on it is still young enough to not know the difference. The grounds are nice and well kept, the pool area was nice and well stocked with towels. The hot tub was a life saver. The gift shop has limited stuff, but the Disney stuff they did have was almost half what they wanted in the parks. Too bad I didn't discover that the first day instead of the last day. The staff was nice, although they had to find someone to reprogram the card key maker. They had to make our keys three times before they worked, seems the date in the machine was set to sometime in 2006!

The shuttle was nice, but crowded every morning. Since it was a shared shuttle between 3 or more hotels in the area it filled up pretty quickly. We were early enough most mornings to get a seat, but did stand once. It also takes a bit more time getting to and from the parks than places we've stayed that were closer to the parks. We figured the walk into and out of the parks, combined with the wait and travel time made it at least 45 minutes to get to and from the parks. Not quite as convenient as we might have liked for that "quick" trip back to the room to rest/nap/shower/swim...The Hyatt next door has a Starbucks and Pizza Hut express (that's closed on Tuesday night for some reason). There's some restaurants across the street to the south (Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin, Joes Crab Shack) and a Target across the street in the next block south. Access was easy off of Harbor, although it would be easy to miss with all the larger/taller hotels around.

We certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

will NEVER return

Just returned from vacation, Dec. 27,2004 - Jan. 3, 2005 and was entirely dissatisfied with this hotel.
We traveled with two adults and four children. The sofa bed was too big for the room, and after numerous calls to the front desk I was told that some rooms were just like that and we could move the TV (ourselves) to try to make the bed open. I asked them to send help due to a disability on my part, no one came so two of my children slept on the floor.
Out of the 7 days in the room, our room was only made up 3 times. We would return nightly to find our no service sign in the door when we never even used the sign ourselves. I finally got smart and hid the sign in the freezer.
The breakfast food was good, ended a bit too early though. They could make it a bit more convenient by providing trays to carry food back to your room if you choose.
Rooms did not have enough drawer space for the amount of people that they claim the room will hold. and room was very cramped.
Free shuttle and Parking is ... well you get what you pay for ... you are dropped off at the furthest shuttle drop in Disneyland, and they do not come often enough when it is busy. Had to wait 1 1/2 hours at one point to fit on a shuttle. Parking lot fills fast and over flow parking is at the Hyatt. quite a treck in bad weather or with tired children.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone with more than 2 children or anyone staying more than 2 days. Simply NOT convenient.

Comments