33160 Evergreen Rd., , Groveland, California 95321
Travelocity Orbitz.com

More about Evergreen Lodge

Evergreen Lodge nice

by TripAdvisor Member specht3

Evergreen Lodge is on 120 much closer to Yosemite (the Big Oak Flat entrance) than Groveland. It's about an hour from Yosemite Valley. It's definitely out the mainstream.... From Nov - March chains are probably going to be required to cross 6,000- foot pass on way to the Valley.
The rooms don't have TVs or phones; I don't think our cell phones worked there; there's a rec center with 1 TV, 2 computers, and 1 telephone (with free long-distance service).
We stayed in a new cabin ($139 per night, on April 6, 2005). Big. There were two double beds plus a pull-out queen sofa. Nice back porch. One table was a section of a log. Young, friendly staff.
There's a restaurant/bar with decent food -- which is good because I think the nearest restaurant otherwise is probably an hour away.

This place is a moutain paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member jamilichSanFrancisco

We just got back from a long weekend at Evergreen Lodge - what a place! The cabins, the food, the hiking and the Evergreen lodge staff are all top notch. Our cabin (request S4) was cute and cozy: Adirondack chairs on the deck, a CD player, a couch and coffee table, small fridge, and great water pressure in the showers. The food at the Evergreen Lodge restaurant was Deeeelicious (I recommend the veggie omlette for breakfast, the pan-fried trout for dinner and banana split for dessert). We spent one day hiking in Hetch Hetchy and another in Yosemite. Each hike was more beautiful than the next. Evergreen Lodge's staff was extremely helpful and friendly. You'll feel like your at summer camp in the evenings: eating s'mores, viewing the stars and listening to camp songs at the fire.

more basic than expected

We stayed 2 nights at Evergreen Lodge at end September 04. We knew it was 'rustic', but didn't realise quite how isolated it is - 8 miles down a no through road off the main road into Yosemite. Our cabin, L7, was tiny, just room for the bed and a chest of drawers. The shower room and toilet equally small. I am partially disabled and found the lack of space very awkward. The cabin was cold and felt damp. Food ok in restaurant, although breakfast expensive and not very good. Overall I thought it too expensive for what is was, although having free internet access was a real plus.

My Yosemite Retreat

Only a few hours drive takes me from the fast pace of San Francisco to the incredible beauty and peacefulness of the Evergreen Lodge. The crowds of the valley floor are avoided when you arrive at Evergreen and get closer to the Hetch Hetchy less discovered trails. I have camped once and stayed at one of the new, cozy cabins with a view of the incredible forest in front of me. Perfect place to read a book on the quiet back deck. Wonderful staff, excellent live music, outdoor seating with fabulous outdoor fireplace, fun games everywhere and an awesome bar that creates a home away from home feeling. Thank you for providing me with such a special retreat.

Just what we were looking for!

by TripAdvisor Member Hiking_the_NPs

We love to camp, but since we were going to the other side of the US and couldn't bring all our gear, we decided to look into other lodging. We were so happy we picked the Evergreen Lodge! The cabins were cozy - the food in the restaurant was great - and the staff was so friendly! We also used their lunch service - they pack a lunch for you to take out hiking. The sandwiches were great (and huge!) and the cookies and fruit were perfect accompanyments.

We did notice that our sink wasn't really cleaned while we were there, but since it was very clean when we arrived, that didn't bother us a bit. Especially since we are used to bathhouses at campsites, which are generally much less than clean. Another thing - if you are eating breakfast, it's best to get up early to get the best selection and service - it tends to get crowded after 8:30.

If you are looking for a great experience - away from the crowds - this is the place for you!

Great, nicely updated, great for kids

by TripAdvisor Member TC1

Was pleasantly surprised when we came upon the Evergreen Lodge early this week. Its located just outside the park off of Evergreen Road (7-8 miles from 120) near the Hetch Hetchy entrance. Had a great time - cabins are nicely updated, very clean, and comfortable. (The updated cabins are a bit more $ but I think worth it - the "rustic" cabins are quite smaller and not updated and the bathrooms are smaller and not as clean.) Some of the cabins are free-standing on their own, and some share a wall with another unit. Some of the units have a gas fireplace and nice decks. I was impressed with the good water pressure in the showers and on-demand hot water (a big plus!).

The new recreation hall is very nice, with an activities director/fly fishing guide (they run all types of hikes, bike rides, fishing trips, other activities), internet access/computers, books and games, and a telephone. There also are other outdoor games for kids/adults and a hall where they show movies at night.

Restaurant was very good and had a pool table at the bar. It was also great that they had the general store there to buy drinks, ice cream, wine, etc. You also can order a lunch box to bring with you on your hike or on your drive home for $6.95 - was worth it.

Had a great time and definately will stay there again on our next trip out west.

Living good out in the woods

The Evergreen is an easy drive from SF, but a world away. Its not deluxe, but an incredible deal for the price. The renovation makes it a great place for people that want good amenities, but also a rustic and easy feel. I am looking forward to getting back with my whole family since there is something for everyone.

Nice Retreat

We stayed at the Evergreen this past weekend and it was great. The cabins were very nice, with vaulted ceilings and large bathrooms with almost instant hot water (Which is nice when its 30 degrees outside). The staff was very helpful and friendly.
The restaraunt was ok. It was way overpriced (which I expected), but the food wasn't that great. The burger was dry and small, and the ceaser salad was very small and salty. If you're staying here and want to save some cash, bring a cooler and your own food because all the cheap places to eat are about a 1 hour drive from where you are, especially in the park.
There is also a little convienience store there which was very handy, and open until 10 pm.
I only have three complaints, one is that there is no ATM. There is also no ATM at the nearest gas station and no cash back at either place. So get your cash in Groveland before you get out of town. Because its a 40 minute trip to go into town from the lodge. You would think for a major tourist destination, the would be at least one ATM near the park entrance.
I would also recommend filling up in Groveland before leaving it. Gas at the next (and last)station is 3.03 a gallon. And its a long way into the park for their gas station (which is also over 3 dollars)
My second complaint is that I just wish when I first emailed the lodge about thier rates, when they sent me their full list, they would have mentioned that the "cheaper" cabins were not winterized. I planned on spending 79-89 a night and ended up paying 112 a night.
And my third complaint is the parking. It can be a far walk from your cabin to a parking spot. Which really ----- in the snow.
If you are planning on going into Hetch Hetchy, the lodge is only like 10 minutes away from the entrance. And when we went, we were almost alone in the park. Only 5 other cars where there. And if you're leaving from there, take Mather Rd. back to 120, its beautiful and desolate.
From the highway 120 entrance, its about 20 minutes away. Its a more popular entrance but has amazing views. Yosemite rules in winter!

Great Yosemite Experience!

We went for a long weekend as a group of friends. Several couples shared cabins which worked out great. The cabins were so cute & cozy and the biggest surprise was the food. We didn't have high expectations for Yosemite lodge food (especially since we come from San Francisco) but Chef Joe whipped up one impressive meal after another- even with a full lodge and big group. I loved the waffle-maker at breakfast too.

We hiked around the area one day, drove to another great hiking area for Half-Dome views on day two, took in the band's evening entertainment, and enjoyed hanging out at the picnic tables playing cards.

Would highly recommend for a true Yosemitee experience.

The perfect weekend getaway with a toddler

We brought our 16 month old toddler to the Evergreen this past April. I hadn't been to Yosemite in over 12 years. After our fun-filled weekend, I know we'll return yearly, if not more often. The Evergreen was the perfect place to bring our daughter.

We rented a spacious, newly constructed, one bedroom cottage. The Evergreen supplied a port-a-crib (requested at time of reservation) which we placed in the living area of the cottage. This enabled mom and dad to have some privacy in the evenings. The cabin was nicely decorated, with a beautiful deck off the living area that looked out onto a valley. The bathroom was clean, spacious, and well appointed with quality fixtures.

We ate two dinners, two breakfasts, and one lunch at the lodge during our weekend. All of the meals were delicious. The first night I had a wonderful filet mignon stuffed with goat cheese, followed by a delectable chocolate cake dessert. Surprisingly, we found some very good wines on the wine list to compliment our meals. We weren't expecting such high quality food and wine. Coming from the Gourmet Ghetto of Berkeley, we have high standards!

The service at the Evergreen was outstanding. Traveling with a baby or toddler can be exhausting and trying. The staff made every effort to accommodate our daughter and to make our stay as relaxing as possible.

If you’re looking for kid friendly accommodations that still cater to the adult as well (i.e. good food, bar, live music) the Evergreen is your spot. Enjoy!

Comments