18767 Main Street, P.O. Box 289, Groveland, Califo
The Groveland Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com Tingo.com

More about Groveland Hotel

Groveland Hotel near Yosemite - for Business, Pleasure ... And Romance!

My husband and I have just returned from a spectacular visit to Groveland / Yosemite. We had the good fortune to attend a three day conference held at the Groveland Hotel ... followed by two additional days of vacation. The Groveland Hotel was the perfect setting for the conference. Our group booked the entire bed and breakfast hotel using a fair-priced package that included all meals, conference room and amenities, plus activity planning when not in meetings. We were greatly impressed with the professionalism of the Groveland Hotel staff, the ambiance of the stylish guest rooms, and the exceptional cuisine (and wine list). It is not often that my husband and I have an opportunity to "simply be together" so the extra two nights at the Groveland Hotel were special, indeed. With the help of innkeepers, Peggy and Grover, we found our way into the Yosemite Valley - hiked for hours along trails that were lightly covered in snow ... surrounded by magnificant beauty. We heartily reccommend Groveland Hotel - for business, pleasure and romance!

hostel in groveland, ca.

by rkearns about how to stay in yosemite w/o staying there

there is a town called groveland about 1/2 hour outside yosemite's entry. it has a hostel. they also have the groveland hotel. the hostel is just on the left right as you enter town.
here's the map of groveland:

also, if you're in between san francisco and los angeles, you won't have a problem getting a room anywhere off hwy 101. it should run you around $45 a night in a motel 6.

there are tons of other cheap motels on main drags of small towns. you don't have to stay in the big cities.

Not as nice as we had hoped

by TripAdvisor Member Orlandolawyer

We stayed at the Groveland Hotel for one night on our way to Yosemite on Labor Day weekend. While the hotel itself is quaint, I agree with othe reviewers that it is extremely NOISY. We really could not sleep at night because of the noise from other patrons of the hotel, drunk patrons from the iron door saloon next door and traffic on the street. Our dinner at the restaurant was good but the "inn keepers" breakfast left much to be desired. Nothing was homemade. The eggs and belgian waffle were obviously frozen prepackaged meals, since when we asked if the eggs could be prepared without ham the answer was no.

The diary in each room is a fun read, and the commonets from other guests as to the crazy showers (constantly switches from hot to cold) is also unfortunately true!

Groveland is a good stop over point on the way to Yosemite but the hotel is not that great.

Had a wonderful time

by TripAdvisor Member gulig

My husband and I spent two wonderful nights at the Groveland Hotel.

We stayed in Charlie's Room which was cozy and quite. We loved the bed - we didn't want to wake up it was so comfortable. Lots of thought went into the decoration of the room: we had fresh cookies next to the coffee machine, a little note that welcomed us by name and even a visitor’s notebook that we could write in.

Breakfast was delicious. I suggest coming early so that you can enjoy the variety of fresh fruit and pastries. The buffet also included cold cereals, juice and coffee. In addition, there was a choice of either an omelet or waffle or breakfast croissant.

The staff was nice and helpful. We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs. I recommend reserving a table in advance since the restaurant can get very busy. Food was delicious and the wine list was superb.

I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for the perfect B&B.

Old + subpar service = a really bad time

Stayed here while passing thru the area. NEVER AGAIN!! The NOISIEST hotel we have EVER stayed in. We could hear people talking outside our room and in the corridor.

Though the owners seem to be very nice people, the service provided leaves alot to be desired. The restaurant really should be avoided. Very dirty and sloooooooowwwwwwwwwwww service. It would have been faster if they had let the patrons cook their own food.

The oddest thing...the owner told me that she read the tripadvisor reviews people left. One would think she would notice how most people have rated the restaurant. But, I guess reviews don't mean anything to these people.

We're staying in the area in the spring and will definitely choose another hotel or B&B in Groveland.

Interesting and Historic

We arrived for an early check-in Friday afternoon, which was arranged without problem. Our room was nicely decorated with antique furniture and a very comfortable bed. We spent the afternoon in Yosemite and returned at 5:30 to find the power out all over town. Nobody knew how long it would be out but were told the bar was open. What could have been a negative experience turned out to be a blast when I walked down to the bar to have a glass of wine and discovered that the staff were lighting oil lanterns and trying to make the best of a bad situation. They told us they could fix us some salads, chowder, and warm bread. We sat beside a couple from the Bay Area and chatted and shared a bottle of very good local Tempranillo. Evelyn the bartender was so friendly and the owner Peggy was great and had such interesting stories to tell. She even gave us a tour of the historic foundations in the basement (built 1849). By 7:30 the power was back on and a limited menu was served in the bar. The ribeye was overdone but considering the circumstances they did very well. Saturday we returned from Yosemite-at least 60 min. from the B&B to the valley floor. We had read that the hotel was only 23 miles from the main gate but the valley floor(where most of the activities are) is another 45 min. I would still stay at this hotel rather than in Yosemite at the Lodge because of the friendliness of the staff. Of course it was not busy when we were there so I can't say what it would be like in the summer. Overall the hotel is wonderful. The only thing I would change if I returned is I would eat at a different restaurant because, although the food is excellent, the prices are high for the small portions served.

Miserable experience

We stayed one night at this hotel, the night that the air conditioning did not work.
It was been the hottest day of the month (97 degrees), when we checked in and went to our room on the second floor we found the a/c did not work, we reported it and were told they already had a call in to the repairman since their walkin freezer was not working.
We spent the day out and about, when returned the problem was still not fixed.
We were reassured that it would definately be taken care of, it was not.
Obviously problems occur, but not once in this miserable stay did anyone-owners or staff express any regrets. They told us to open the window, when my husband said he had done that but was concerned that the window had no screen he was told that was how it was done in the old days! Needless to say we spent a miserable night, between the heat,fly in bugs and the noise we got very little sleep.
We spent a considerable amount of money in both the bar (since it was too hot to be in our room) and the diningroom, The food is average, overpriced and the morning buffet is mediocre.
The dining room decor is a joke - plaster angels heads swathed in cheap fabric.
My husband told the owner that he felt since our stay was so unpleasant that there should be some reduction in the price of the room, they deducted 10%. The thing that made me the most annoyed was that the management never expressed a moments concern about our comfort.

BE AWARE!!!

My husband and I made a reservation and we were turned away at the door. They told us the guest the night before forgot to make a reservation for the second night of their stay. They decided to give the second night to the guest and not honor our reservation. They found us another hotel down the street instead of finding one for the other guest. I couldn't believe it. This was definitely a first... They were lucky the hotel down the street was available or maybe we were lucky. I'm not sure. This rating is really for how we were treated. I was disappointed as most anyone would feel.

Stay Once for something different, but don't get hopes up too high

I did my research, but considering the price I thought we had a pool outside and more land to walk around. Being pet-friendly we stayed here, but not much to do in town; go to Yosemite and Pine Mountain Lake. So stay once for the fun of it; and be done.
The staff was polite and helpful, but their website is misleading. No restaurants in town much to brag about, so spend the money and move on.
Carre in S.F., CA

handy for Yosemite

by TripAdvisor Member UKMaggiemay

When we arrived we wondered if we had made a big mistake in booking this hotel for 2 nights as the reception area is small and poky and looks very tatty and disorganised. We arrived a little early and our room naturally wasn't ready which wasn't unexpected, but they suggested we leave our bags in the bar and they would be taken up to our room for us. We did this and went off to Yosemite for a look see before returning around 7pm.
Our bags were still in the bar and we took them up ourselves although help was offered.
Our room, however, was fine and the little touches like cookies on the table and bottles of water were appreciated.
Still feeling unsure we decided to give the restaurant a try as we were too tired to look for anywhere else. We were very glad we did as the food and service were really very good, despite the fact that they were short staffed, in fact I am somewhat surprised at some of the other reviews I have read here where the restaurant has been slated. We both commented that a restaurant of this quality seemed to be in a very unlikely place as Groveland itself is not much. Conversely, breakfast was a little disappointing, the cooked food seemed to be warmed up rather than freshly cooked.
We eat there again the next night and the food was excellent again. The wine list is huge - we have never seen one like it!
So all in all a good stay, the above average rating really being given for the restaurant in the main.

Comments