18736 Highway 120, Main Street, Groveland, Califor

Booking.com Priceline.com

• Madasabull's Profile Photo

A lovely warm hotel with lovely staff.

When we first arrived in town, not thanks to our satnav, we were really surprised, and couldnt really believe our luck. It was nearly pitch black and we were a little worried we may by having to sleep in the car if we couldnt find anywhere to stay the night. But then Groveland appeared as if like a little Christmas magic for us.

The first hotel we called at was the Groveland Hotel, but was far over our budget, so we called at the Charlotte Hotel, and so glad we did. The price was right, the beds were lovely, and the room was just right. I don't really know what the prices are like now, as it was about 4 years since we were there.

We slept really well after paying a visit to the bar on the other side of the street, which was great by the way, and we were ready the next day to check out Yosemite National Park. This is a great hotel for anyone looking for a cozy night with crazy prices. Just great.

More about Hotel Charlotte

Real charm

by TripAdvisor Member Jonno_the_Yachtie

If you want the antidote to corporate, faceless hotels this is it. Located really close to Yosemite in a pretty town, Hotel Charlotte has real charm - we took the family "suite" (2 rooms with a bathroom between them) and it was ideal. Very reasonable rate and individually and tastefully furnished. Dinner was excellent - high quality food, well presented and served, and it won't break the bank either.

A place to stay in Groveland !

by TripAdvisor Member RP-BIQ

It's our second stay in the last two years. We really enjoy the place. Take an overlook of Groveland from the porch, and plan your diner at Iron Doors Saloon ! Unfortunatly, we do not have time to try the restaurant, but the breakfast is pretty decent. Management was warm, prices low. We use it as an exit gateway from Yosemite since it's pretty far from main entrance. For French guys, Hotel Charlotte represent the typical "picture" of an Hotel in the West of USA. Great !

Cool people, awesome dog and a nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member CASolstice

We stayed here on a recent trip to Yosemite. Just happened to luck into a last-minute reservation. The owners are very friendly and helpful, the room was small but very clean and cosy. Groveland is a great little town. Don't miss a stop at the Iron Door Saloon--especially if it's Karaoke night.

Hospitality Redefined!

I could rave about all of the typical amenities that travelers covet: comfortable rooms, excellent food, reasonable rates, charming atmosphere, and friendly conversation. But Hotel Charlotte proprieters Lynn and Victor went far above and beyond the call of duty when my husband and I had a serious car accident in Yosemite National Park. We amazingly escaped our overturned vehicle without a scratch, but we could locate no means of transportation out of the Yosemite Valley on a holiday. I called our hosts to seek advice, and they graciously offered to brave the icy road conditions to come to our rescue. They arranged a friend to cover the hotel desk while they took several hours from their day to help us, returning just in time to prepare for dinner service in the wonderful Cafe Charlotte. They cheerfully refused our repeated offers of additional money, not even allowing us to reimburse the cost of their gas and tire chains. Although I certainly hope that no future guest will have trouble on the road, I know that you couldn't be in better hands, whatever your needs may be during your stay!

Mellow Setting Away from the Crowds

Hotel Charlotte offers a great respite from the crowds at Yosemite. No need to book your room or campsite a year in advance! Although you do want to plan ahead as the Hotel Charlotte is a word-of-mouth type of place. Location is primo if you are headed into Yosemite.

quaint hotel

I've stayed at Hotel Charlotte twice now on my way to Yosemite and plan on more stays. I feel like I'm really going back in time and wonder about it's history and that of the town when I'm there.
Victor and Lynne are very accomodating and helpful about local site seeing. And you don't have to go far (the first floor) for the best food in town!
It's the perfect place to stay when visiting Yosemite or going rafting.

maintenance issues

by TripAdvisor Member travelbunnystlouis

I had a very scary experience at this hotel. We stayed in room 11. I took a shower and went to open the heavy glass door when it flew off of its hinges. Luckily, I caught it before the glass hit the floor and shattered. It looked as if it was broken for some time. My husband did not get a shower. I told the owners the next morning and they didn't even go look at it.

There was an electric oil space heater in the room. The heat controls were melted on it. I plugged it in, to warm up the room. When I pulled the plug to turn it off later, it shot out a big, blue, spark.

The lamp in the room didn't work, so I took it downstairs for a new bulb. There are no coat hangers in the room, just a shelf with pole on it. There are no chairs in the room. We found the room too cozy for 2 people and the bed with worn sheets and rather uncomfortable.

This was my first time in Yosemite so I don't know if this is the caliber of all lodging in the area, but we may look elsewhere next time.

The owners are very nice people. We thought that the breakfast was wonderful, plain food that was plentiful and tasty.

Loved this cute B&B...

We stayed here for one night in April, the night before we went into Yosemite - on route from San Francisco.
The rooms were lovely (hotel wasn't full so the doors of other rooms were left open, all looked very nice).
Make sure you visit their website before you make your booking - as you will then be able to choose your room first and request it - as some don't have TVs in them - we actually chose one without.
If you don't have a TV, there is a lounge downstairs with a TV set for all guests. Together with a computer with Internet access.

Be sure to visit the Iron Door Saloon opposite - food was great, friendly atmosphere and really unusual decor!

Great spot!

Warm and friendly staff. Comfortable room. Charming, historic building. Convenient location close to the northern entrance to Yosemite N.P. and across the street from the oldest tavern in California. The breakfast included in the price of the rooom consisted of a continetal breakfast augmented with hot pancakes. It was quite nice to sit out on the roomy 2nd floor balconey overlooking the main street and watch the world go by while scanning the newspaper and sipping a single malt scotch. This balconey is accessed from the hallway so is avaialble to all (much better than "tying" it to the front rooms only).

Dinner at the Inn's restaurant was delicious. The menu includes a decent variety of the usuals (chicken, fish, beef), nicely prepared plus some creative specials. The restaurant was very busy (a good sign) on the Friday night that we were there. Service was a little slow but acceptable.

Would stay here / dine here again.

Very cozy and relaxing

After arriving on our motorcycle, we were ready to relax and unwind. The Charlotte was the perfect choice. Very comfortable room, airy and light (the bed proved to be extremely comfy later). We had a truly wonderful meal at the hotel restaurant, first class and we discovered a new "local" wine that we loved. Proximity to Yosemite Park was a bonus.

Hope to go back again soon.

Comments