Yosemite Pines RV Park

20450 Old Highway 120, , Groveland, California 953

Good For No Data
  • Great Family Location

Our family took two weeks and drove from the East Coast to Yosemite with our travel trailer. We like it because it gives all four of us a place to sleep and we can spend our money on gas instead of fancy hotels. I searched on line and found Yosemite Pines RV Park and liked that they had a choice of locations for you. We were very fortunate to get a spot very near the restrooms and showers. We all like our creature comforts!

The mountain air was so fresh and invigorating! It seemed as though we had energy we didn’t know we had! The kids had so many choices for activities. Right at the campground they have a real gold mine and all of us panned for gold. We found some tiny, tiny nuggets and some speckles – not enough to retire on but it was like winning at bingo.

We drove through Yosemite several different days because we didn’t want to miss anything. It’s huge! It was a great educational experience for our kids.

Yosemite Pines RV Park is just the kind of place where we like to stay. We felt very safe and the management staff made sure we had everything we needed. There is a general store just in case you run out of anything or left something of importance behind. The kids found other children their same age to pal around with while we visited with the parents. It is a realy family type of place.

Unique Quality: There is everything you could want including a pool, clean facilities, petting zoo and gold mining.

• Best choice, beautiful scenery

We’ve been to almost 10 camps in our travels, as young went tenting, now we often use RV to travel and stay. I can not say that this is the best RV park and camp site ever but, at this price with this beautiful surroundings it is clearly one of the best parks we ever stayed. A very good set -up this camp has, well organized in regarding the different type of accommodation that provides, cabins, tent places, rv park. Arrived in the evening but the staff was very helpful, we made a quick hookup and our stay begun. Drive to the park entrance is about 30 min., it is a gravel road but it was just fine. Lot of amusement inside the park especially for kids but teenagers to. We extended our stay, because the main purpose was Yosemite National Park, just to give time to our daughter to enjoy the pool, the tot lot and also the petting zoo, all this in a beautiful scene and pure refreshing air. Finally we all got what we wanted: my husband and I the national park, our daughter the open air entertainment in the park.

• Very cool yurt!

My boyfriend and I were looking for something really different for our week long stay at Yosemite and I came across Yosemite Pines, which offers yurts! Yurts are traditional Mongolian homes on their plains and it was exciting to see yurts offered as a type of accommodation somewhere right here in America! I was super excited, needless to say. I booked a yurt for 5 nights and it did not let me know at all. Reservations was pretty smooth, I just called and they had an opening for our dates. Check in was quick and the service was friendly, and not stuffy at all! The yurt itself was surprisingly well appointed, which a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and even a television! We slept on the full sized futon which was a bit small for two people but overall it was pretty comfortable for the price and given that it was a yurt. Overall, the accommodations was really clean and rustic, meaning the restroom and shower was outside but that was not a problem because it was close and clean so it did not bother me and my boyfriend at all! Also, I thought the yurt was really safe in terms of location, I did not feel like somebody... or some bear... was going to bust in at night! Also I loved the petting zoo even though I'm a grown woman, the alpacas were so cute! I liked the fact that the resort was so family friendly, I love kids so they did not bother me at all. Overall, terrific experience!

• Family had a great time, nice value

We were glad to find Yosemite Pines resort after our long trip driving from LA. It costs too much for a hotel around the park (and they were all booked), so we were thankful to find Yosemite. The park is mostly for RVs but there are camping spots for tents, and they have cabins and yurts as well. Anytime you go to Yosemite Park its is crowded these days because it is so popular. We had fun and enjoyed the camp store, pool and petting farm for the kids. Would stay there again, the kids had a great time!

Unique Quality: Convenient to park

• Rob_bpacker's Profile Photo

Great Place away from the crowd

We stayed at the Yosemite Pines RV Resort last August and had an amazing experience. This was our first trip to Yosemite National Park and it certainly helps if you have informed and friendly people to guide you. The staff was extremely helpful and extended their guidance and support to our trips to the park.

Apart from the distance from the park (45 minutes to the entrance) which we were aware of prior to booking, everything about the place is fabulous. We stayed in a premium cabin which has a living room, a loaded kitchen and a large bedroom. Cable TV is also available for those who are hooked to it even during family outings. Oh yes, there’s internet access too. Kudos to the staff for maintaining the place so well. The quiet hours are implemented and guests are well attended to.

August is not the best time for white water rafting as the falls are almost dry by then. So we stuck mainly to the valley. We missed the Perseid Meteor Shower by a week which was by and far the only low point of the trip.

If you havent visited Yosemite National Park yet, then do it for an amazing experience. For a great stay, contact Yosemite Pines RV Resort on their website.

Unique Quality: Great ambience, old world rustic feel!

• Inexpensive Lodging near Yosemite

We stayed in one of the premium cabins with another couple and their kids. Cabins were new, fully furnished with wood interiors and quite cozy. Yosemite Pines has alot of fun things to do including a petting zoo where the kids got to feed goats and alpacas. At night we barbecued under a starlit night. The roads are gravel and the property is well maintained. We also checked out the pool and playground areas.

Directions: Located near western entrance to Yosemite National Park