35100 South Highway One, Gualala, CA, 95445

More about Gualala

The Gualala River mouth at the Pacific OceanThe Gualala River mouth at the Pacific Ocean

Quiet, romantic and tucked awayQuiet, romantic and tucked away

Harbor seals taunt usHarbor seals taunt us

Coast in the mistsCoast in the mists

Travel Tips for Gualala

The joy of the open road

by jessicadf

One of the most relaxing things I know is going for a drive along the open road. Near my home, I usually drive through the Marin County countryside. This, of course, is as beautiful or more beautiful. It all just depends on how much time you can spend on your drive. This photo was taken about 3 hours from where I live.

A room with a view

by jessicadf

Some places along the coast will provide such wonderful details in the rooms such as this: a bay window with a cushioned seat for two, with plenty of pillows and a throw-blanket. Later in the evening, as the evening cooled and the fog disappeared, the stars were out in full, with no cities nearby to drown them out, and the August meteor showers rained down upon us.

Did I say harbor seals?

by jessicadf

In this calm and cozy cove, two harbor seals flirted with us for half an hour. They'd bob about, always looking to us and ocassionaly barking. Then they'd dive and twirl and bob back to the surface to coax us towards them. The cliffs were steep and our legs unstable from the previous nights delicious wine, so we were forced to enjoy them from a distance. Not that we'd get too close to them, had we gotten to the bottom of the cliffs, mind you. They ARE wild animals, after all.

Comments