615 Mill Street, Half Moon Bay, California, 94019, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

More about Half Moon Bay

June, 2008.June, 2008.

Another shot of Main StreetAnother shot of Main Street

Birds congregating along the beachBirds congregating along the beach

Pumpkin patch displayPumpkin patch display

Travel Tips for Half Moon Bay

Home Sweet Home

by NewYorkPrincess

"A Sleepy Town by the Sea"

Half Moon Bay is what I call a sleepy little town by the sea. It's a very relaxed and friendly place to live. There are some great shops, restaurants and beaches to enjoy. I love antique shopping and there are plenty of stores that cater to my tastes. I love living by the ocean; it is very energizing yet peaceful.

Half MOON Bay

by KevinMichael

"Half Moon Bay"

I spent 3 years of my life living in Half Moon Bay when I was in elementary school. It hasn't changed that much since then, either.
Although it was a nice place to grow up in, Half Moon Bay doesn't have the typical kind of weather that California is so famous for. Half Moon Bay is reknown for its fog (of which it is shrouded in even more so and more often than San Francisco).

The thick Half Moon Bay fog keeps the soil moist in the mornings making conditions ideal for growing pumpkins. Its fog has everything to do with Half Moon Bay's greatest claim to fame: It's the pumpkin capital of the world. I myself once grew a pumpking weighing more than 75 pounds (which is nothing compared to the 1 ton big ones.)

Every year, Half Moon Bay, traditionally hosts one of the largest pumpkin festivals in the United States in October.

"Living near a beach"

3 years of living here and I hardly ever went to the beach even though it was 5 minutes on foot from my house (I live just as close to the beach today along the Sea of Japan in Niigata. And I still don't go very often).

I did used to like going fishing up in a local lagoon up somewhere behind an area called Sea Haven.

Some good fishing can be found a few miles North of Half Moon Bay on the piers of Moss Beach.

Comments