3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Best Waffles at Best Western!

Just joking about the waffles being the best part of our stay but the free continental breakfast with a waffle machine was pretty cool. The rooms were clean, spacious and had everything we needed. There was also a laundry which we always like and pools and free wifi. The air con was much appreciated as it was very warm when we arrived. Would definitely stay here again if we were ever in the area. It is not in walking distance to town but it just off the freeway.

Directions: Going north on the 101 take the third Healdsburg exit.

• Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in

I stayed here as we are having a wedding in wine country and were checking on hotels for our guests to stay at. Now, let me preface this by saying that I travel every week for work both domestically and internationally. In summary, this was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. When I travel to third world countries, I expect the room to be a little rough and take precautions by bringing slippers, etc, now this place takes to the next level in both lack of cleanliness and SERVICE.

Ok, our experience...we check in on a Thursday night around 1:00 a.m. as our flight was delayed, we were a little shocked by the dirtiness of the carpets after check-in, but in any event, we were happy to put our heads down. The next morning we get up at dawn, leave by 9:00 a.m. and are in meetings all day. When we return at 5:00 p.m., we come back to our room and see that it has not been made up. Thus, I call the front desk to inform them that we need room service. I am told by the front desk that the maid staff is gone for the day and he could "send a maintenance worker to TRY to clean the room if I like" (can you believe that??? TRY to clean it). Thus, as anyone would do, I informed him that room service is a basic service of any hotel and I asked for the manager. I was informed that he was on break and has been working all day and cannot meet right now. As such, this prompted me to walk down to the office and attempt to resolve the situation. After a bit of time, I met the manager, cancelled my second night, cancelled my wedding guests reservations for the following month, and re-booked everyone at the Hilton and check into a competing hotel (Hilton Santa Rosa) and had an excellent stay at the Hilton.

Again, let me stress, I was never upset during the situation, as I have traveled every week for over 10 years and come to get used to special situations. However, this one really stands out for several reasons: 1st, the hotel is a complete pit. 2nd, the good reviews must be written by the owners or a service, 3rd, they did not provide basic services, 4th, made no effort to resolve the issues and finally 5th, was never even offered an apology for the inconvenience.

Worst stay of my life to date...and yes, I have stayed in hotels in Burma, Laos and Nicaragua.

AVOID, camping without a tent is much better!!!! Don't trust the good reviews as I would highly doubt the validity of the authors.

Unique Quality: Probably the worst manager I have ever seen.

More about Best Western Dry Creek Inn

Average lodgings with a great location

I agree with most of the reviews for this establishment. The rooms are basic, but comfortable. The bottle of wine is a nice touch (not Opus One but not Thunderbird either). Downtown Guerneville was a 20 minute walk (or a quick drive). Some of our favorite wineries are an easy drive from the Inn. So, if you are looking to spend your money on food and wine, rather than expensive lodgings, this is the place for you!

Great Place to Stay in Wine Country!

by TripAdvisor Member SixAlpha

For under $100 a night in Wine Country, not too bad! The town of Healdsburg is great, and the hotel is quite convenient to the Healdsburg area wineries. The room was clean, quiet (except for some construction noise) and spacious enough. We slept well and everything in the room worked. The hotel staff was nice and the breakfast was your average continental. To echo other reviews, kudos to the bagel buyer! Unfortunately we didn't discover the free internet in the lobby until we checked out. The free bottle of wine was actually a decent bottle of Sauvignon Blanc - even Wine Spectator gave it a decent rating.

Our only complaint was that the coffee maker and refrigerator took up all the outlets near the sink (the cords were affixed to the wall so you can't move them), making it difficult to plug in a shaver.

Fabulous deal in great location

by TripAdvisor Member jackmarie

This place is a great deal. My husband and I went up for a weekend. The room was clean and comfortable, though not the nicest and most deluxe - it was absolutely adequate. The free bottle of wine in the room is a great perk. And the included continental breakfast is a nice touch - can grab some coffee and a bagel on your way to the wineries.

Given the fabulous deal on the hotel, we splurged on dinner at Charlie Palmer's Dry Creek Kitchen which we loved and highly recommend. Fabulous meal and amazing dessert! We were underwhelmed by Zin (although many reviewers have loved that restaurant).

Good value , average hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LLindaC

We stayed here so that we could splurge on wine and dinner and higher end properties toward the end of our vacation. It was our third visit to Healdsburg, and we have stayed at fancier B&Bs before. I would not recommend this property for some people who are experiencing wine country and this town for the first time. It's just too basic and a little too far from town to walk, especially in the rain. However, the staff were pleasant, the property was clean and the room had all we needed.The drapes and bedspread were dark, and the room seemed a little dreary. The rain didn't help! The pool is tiny and not heated year round. At first we were disappointed that they had removed the workout room, but we were given free passes to the Healdsburg Health and Fitness facility a block away. This place had it all (except a pool).We had a great workout and they were very nice there. For that, I can give the hotel an extra star.We never got a bottle of wine or free passes until we mentioned that to the front desk. They offered a free tasting at nearby Simi Winery, but we left there without tasting due to the large groups of tourists and the "Disney" atmosphere. Too many other great wineries in the area!

Continental breakfast was pretty much bagels, doughnuts, a couple cereals, juice and coffee. There are some nice alternatives in town, including the Center Street Cafe which has great breakfasts. Our room was on the corner, and we heard quite a bit of traffic. You enter the room from the outside, which was a bit scary for me one night because it was dark, rainy and I never saw any security. I wouldn't have been comfortable if I was traveling alone.

One nice touch was a welcoming email prior to our visit and a thank you email after we returned home. We thought this was a good value for the area, but we were ready for a little pampering, a fireplace, down comforters, etc after we left. That's part of the ambience of wine country, especially when you have a week of rain, and CA was getting pounded daily for almost two months! There are ways to stay in nicer facilities by traveling off-season, searching online auction sites and checking for internet specials. In those places, you get a good breakfast, happy hour wine and hors d'oeuvres, etc and personal service. But if all you need is a room close to the action, this hotel is fine.

Clean Room - Polite Staff - Average Room

by TripAdvisor Member Wincherr

I agree with the other reviewers - not the fanciest place in the world, but very clean. Free laundry which was nice. The front desk was very polite as well.

The breakfast was just average. If I needed a quick place to stay while in the area, I would stay again.

I didn't get my bottle of wine either!

Great value. Clean and affordable

by TripAdvisor Member dhstrott

Very good place to stay if you are in Healdsburg to experience the wine and food. Been in wine country a number of times, staying at many of the higher priced inns. Didn't spend much time in the rooms and was a waste of money. Location is convenient, rooms are clean, and you can spend your money on the great wine and food in the area. It is your typical motor lodge (i.e. Safari Motor Lodge, McMinnville, OR) that is convenient and pleasant.

acceptable value for money

by TripAdvisor Member lexa

stayed here on July 2 for 1 night, hotel is not within walking distance from the city center but within 5 min drive.
the room was clean and spacious, the continental breakfast was average as usual, i noticed extra $2 on the bill for safe insurance even though i never ordered the safe not did I use it while it was in the room...never bothered to complain...
the price of $160 was relatively high for Best Western brand however seemed good value in the rather upscale tourist city.

Do not stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member megancara

This hotel is a complete disaster due to the fact that the hotel has a policy to arbitrarily charge/fine guests. (the policy is not in writing). Please note that if you complain about noise, your neighbor will pay for your room. Supposedly my neighbor issued a noise complaint against my room. I wasn't in my room at the time of the complaint. The manager added $175 noise fine to my bill without proper notification or any discussion. From what I understand, this is a past and common practice for this branch. It has taken me over two weeks and countless phone calls to reverse these charges. So beware. You get what you pay for--and you will pay alot more than what you expect if someone just happens to issue a complaint...whether or not the complaint is justified.

Comments