Haydon Street Inn B & B

321 Haydon St., Healdsburg, California, 95448, United States

More about Haydon Street Inn B & B

A perfect Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member Kevin&Olga

My wife and I spent three nights at the Haydon Street Inn and it was wonderful. We were greeted at the door and welcomed to a delicious evening wine tasting and home-made eats. Every evening, John would prepare delicious food and pair it with great wine. One evening, there was a wine tasting from Quivera wineyards. And the breakfasts were also great. The location is only a short walk from downtown Healdsburtg which is a very nice little traditional downtown plaza with restaurants, shops and wine tasting. The wineries in the area are not as crowded as in Napa Valley and definitely worth the visit. But what we enjoyed the most was the relaxed and familiar atmosphere that the new owners maintain. It was truly like being a guest at a friend's home. We would definitely recommend this B&B and plan to return ourselves.

Management change for the worse

by TripAdvisor Member Flaap

We recently stayed at the Haydon Street Inn for the third year in a row. This time we brought two other couples along for a four-night stay. None of us will be returning.

Healdsburg is a wonderful place and the Haydon Street Inn is a very nice facility. However, the recent ownership/management change has, unfortunately, been significantly for the worse. Dick and Pat ran a very nice operation and we thoroughly enjoyed our stays here in the past. I have noticed some negative comments on this web site regarding their management, but I always found them to be extremely professional and courteous. You certainly could not say the same of the current management, especially Keren. She was unprofessional, impolite and condescending in her treatment of our group. Her customer relation skills were extremely lacking.

To be fair, not all of the changes the new management has made were for the worse. The new king bed in our room was a welcome change. The new patio area was very nice and was the perfect site for the daily wine hours, which were much more enjoyable than in previous years. Overall, however, poor customer service severely diminished the quality of our stay. Being a gracious host comes naturally to some individuals. To others, it is attained through conscious effort and study. I would suggest the new owners seek some intensive training if they wish to insure a successful future as Inn owners. We will not be going back to the Haydon Street Inn, nor will we be recommending it to others.

Be wary of the reviews of this Inn that are posted on TripAdvisor. I found it very interesting that there have been twelve reviews posted since John and Keren took over the property in June of this year, and all of them were favorable until mine. In the prior three years there were only nine reviews posted. Either their percentage of internet-savvy guests has increased recently, or someone has been posting bogus reviews.

Loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member vsoares

We just spent 3 nights in the Blue Room with Keren and John as our hosts, and had a great time! The personal touch from the 2 of them combined with the attention to detail and AMAZING food made it very memorable. At first I thought uh oh the room is pretty darn small but the new bed was so DEVINE I didn't care anymore. In the end we actually enjoyed having the bathroom across the hall. Just know this is an older home that is now a B&B and if you don't expect the most modern amenities you will be very happy here. Highly recommended for couples as a romantic getaway from the Bay Area! It's very kick back - in an aloha sort of way.

Healdsburg and Hayden Street Inn were so charming and welcoming. It's like staying with friends who live in the wine country.

We were up for a wedding - can't wait to go back just to hang out without all the wedding commitments next time.

Best B&B experience yet

by TripAdvisor Member mgular

We regularly stay at B&B's when we travel and this stay was our best experience yet. The location was ideal, and even better it was the first time we've stayed in a full inn and not run out of hot water! As regular B&B people we've had a range of quality of food in our stays, but found the best yet at Haydon Street Inn. Highly recommended!! This is the first B&B that we KNOW we will return to.

Fabulous! Fabulous! Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member kkgorham

I hardly know where to begin. My husband and I drove into town and I called the Haydon Street Inn and was pleasantly surprised to find they had a vacancy. After showing us to the Pine Room we were welcomed with a fresh pitcher of water and warm chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven. John and Keren were so welcoming and helpful to us during our visit supplying us with maps, complimentary wine tasting vouchers at the wineries and suggestions along with menus for local restaurants. The evening wine tastings with yummy appetizers, prepared by John, and the gourmet breakfasts each morning were a real delight. It was fun to gather with the other guests and share life stories, travels and tips for where to bike, what wineries to visit and what restaurants to try. We were especially impressed with how attentive John and Keren were mingling with the guests both in the evenings and at breakfast. The Inn itself and the grounds were in beautiful shape. It felt like visiting family (that you like). Stay here - you can't possibly be disappointed!

The Perfect Get-away

by TripAdvisor Member Whkize

My wife and I enjoyed 3 memorable nights at the Haydon Street Inn. Our room was perfect. John and Keren were terrific hosts. John's 9am breakfasts were the perfect start to the day. Their restaurant and wine tour recommendations were dead on!

I can't think of a better place to stay in beautiful Sonoma County.

Great Stay at Haydon Street Inn

by TripAdvisor Member bnelson_pub

I recently stayed at the Haydon Street Inn and couldn't have been more pleased by the experience. I have visited the region multiple times and have stayed at various inns. This is by far my favorite and was the best overall value. You simply can't beat John's breakfast, and Keren was very helpful in setting up wine tours and giving advice on what to see. I stayed in two different rooms during my stay, one of them in the main house and one in the newer separate building. Both were great. Location is perfect for site seeing, wine tastings, and walking to town for dinner. I will be staying at this inn the next time I visit Sonoma.

A Winner

by TripAdvisor Member obxlover

We stayed in the Garden Room at the Haydon Street Inn for 3 nights in November, 2006. It was a short and easy walk to the center of town. Karen and John's hospitality, cooking, conversation and recommendations were above and beyond anything we expected. The breakfasts were a fantastic way to start the day, and the daily wine hour was the perfect way to wind down and relax. The rooms are small, but extremely clean and comfortable. I will not hesitate to recommend the Haydon Street Inn to friends. I just hope we get to stay there again soon!

A great place to stay in Healdsburg

by TripAdvisor Member kt1952

We stayed at the Haydon Street Inn for two nights in November, 2006. The Inn is lovely; on a quiet residential street. Location is great, a short walk from the central square.

The innkeepers, Keren and John, were quite charming. They had lots of good advice about restaurants and wineries in the area. The food was wonderful--a great breakfast each morning and a "wine hour" each evening with deliciious tidbits and a pouring of local wines. We felt quite at home in the inn--which was spotlessly clean and attractively appointed. We will definitely recommend it to friends, and hope to return for a visit before too long.

Haydon Street Inn Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member advisortoday

Warm greeting, comfortable B&B, owners are very knowledgeable of the city, they took care of our reservations for dinner out, excellent gourmet breakfast in the morning, and rooms that are very cozy. The owners suggested local wineries to us, that when we mentioned their names, the wineries all agreed what special people the Haydon Street Inn owners are. The location of the Inn is walking distance to the heart of a beautiful downtown Healdsburg, and many wineries' tasting rooms. Sunday morning, we went to the plaza square and there were many children playing in the plaza, adults chatting nearby, and the air was filled with Christmas music. It was unbelievable.

Comments