Healdsburg Hotels

• riorich55 profile photo riorich55
  • Reviews: 663

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western Dry Creek: Convenient to the Highway, Town and Wineries

The 2nd of our one night stays (the first was the night before right near SFO). We used this location as the gateway to tour the Northern Sonoma area. When we were looking for places to stay I saw this location and again played the hotel game earlier in the year while on business (stay 2 nights at any U.S. Best Western and get a free 1 night certificate) and thus our night was paid for.

I'm usually not too big of a fan of Best Westerns although for the most part they are clean and usually have on site restaurants. Our stay here started out a little auspicious. When we arrived around 6:30 p.m. after our first day of touring California (Sausalito mainly) we came upon a darkened hotel. Because of all the rains they had that weekend the power had gone out about 5:30 p.m. Everything was dark. I went into the front lobby area and all they had lit were a couple of candles. I asked when they had gone down and if they had received any timeframe when they would have power again. They didn't know. So, I was starting to make alternative plans (but hated to lose that Free Night). I decided to wait and called the restaurant in town to see if they had power. They said the power had just come back on for them and yes they would be open. I explained our hotel was still out of power and said to up my reservation from 7:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. No problem.

back to the hotel. After we finished dinner around 9:00 p.m. we drove back to the hotel which had gotten its power back shortly after we had left. We were given a corner room on the northeast side of the first building (the second building is more of their Tuscan Courtyard view and what they show in their advertisements), but for a Free one night stay this was fine with us. The room was a bit noisy in the morning as it did almost front 2 different streets, but was fine for an evenings rest. The room was plenty big enough with a king size bed, soft enough towels and more then enough light in the bathroom.

We had breakfast the next morning at the hotel (complimentary for all guests). They had hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, juice, coffee and an assortment of pastries.

They probably had a swimming pool and exercise facility, but I never saw them and obviously did not use them.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written November 18, 2010
Tip Photo

Exterior View

• RiverHouse profile photo RiverHouse
  • Reviews: 1

Call us to get information on...

Call us to get information on staying at the River Haus. You'll love this 2 bedroom 1 bath, with a huge fire place, full kitchen, great party-style bbq, and a hot tub which looks out over the Russian River, there's even a rope swing across the river!
$500 per weekend
$1250 per week

This is highly competitive given the rates in downtown Healdsburg.

The house is luxuriously furnished with wonderfully comforatable beds, and great river front beaches and islands...

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written October 5, 2002
Tip Photo

• bay_area_boss profile photo bay_area_boss
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

L&M Motel: L&M Motel and Healdsburg - feel good place

This review is about family run L&M Motel in Healdsburg which you cannot book through travel websties. I saw good review about this motel and decided to visit. I am also a californian who likes wine tasting and explore weekend getaways.Now you might ask me why Healdsburg and why not the age old time tested Napa/Calistoga. Good question !! it is better to describe Healdsburg first before getting onto L&M Motel review as it may not be as well known destination compared to Napa/Calistoga.

Healdsburg downtown is one stop place for more wine tasting lounges/boutiques/exquisite cusines/bars/spas packed than Napa. You can cover the Healdsburg ave downtown end to end in 10 mins (by walk not talking about driving) but have access to plethora of the above.It is a COMPLETE PACkAGE all within 10 mins of walk! Spas are more friendlier and get appoinments fast, Wine tastings are free in most places and bartenders are friendlier and relaxed; some tastings do charge 5 bucks and many places offer even 10 different wine tastings and are inside art galleries, cusine is excellent and this place has variety of restaurants ranging from $5 to $150 per person meal but regardless of the price the quality of all restaurants are amazing, has great boutiques and antique shops but are costly..anyways you can still hang around in these fabulous shops and pass time. If you want to drink wine in a winery you can still drive around the valley or rent a bike but i wont advice to drive around drunk as this place is plagued with cops.That's the whole point about the tons of downtown wineries where you can walk and drink the whole day without worrying about DUI. Russian river is also next to this and you can do canoeing

I read good reviews abour L&M Motel which is why i went there and I now completely agree with the others.Other fancy Inns like madrona manor, healdsburg inns Healdsburg downtown are always busy and run for 300-500$, the question is do you want to pay that much money while you can get into L&M Motel for a fraction of cost.

Proximity: I could walk back from downtown to this place less than 10 mins even after getting drunk :-)) Within 2 mins of walk there are other shops and small restauarant joints,Within 5 mins of walk there are banks.Other places which are in the same price range will be a long drive away and will not be this good for sure !

Exterior and Amenities: All are ground floor rooms.It has a play area with barbeque place. Also has Clean Indoor pool, Jacuzzi, Free Internet,parking right in front of your room and breakfast.

Interior: CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN ..beds,bathrooms,fridge, microwave (in most of the units),TV,chairs,hangars,100% working A/C and Heaters(i had only 30% luck on A/c in other places so i had to stress the word 100% working) .In short all the basic amenities you can think of and room cleaning is outstanding they even ordered my shirts, put jacket in the hangar etc.Having said that dont expect a canopy or a large king size head board in beds as you dont want to pay 300$ extra just for this useless show off in other hotels.This place is way better than the regular motels and BW/Travelodges/American vaue inns.

Owner: This is the best part i liked in the hotel. The owner and their son of this family run motel treated me like their family and they even made vegetarian (yeah i am a vegan) food for me. They are nice to all the guests and most of the guests know them by names.Most of the guests are returning guests in this motel.I did not got intenet signal in my room and they automatically shifted me away to other room without even me asking them.They even help the guests in barbeques from their own kitchen. They certainly did not look money minded to me.I value this a lot because i was a victim of 100 rude hotel desk guys in my life, you want to be in a place where you are valued and personally treated.

Conclusion:This place delivers more than value for money. It is in a niche location, decent stay and great hosts.If you want to accomodate your business partner to strike a 5 million dollars deal then this may not be the place but for all other purposes this is the place.I have seen many upper middle class also in this place(saw Porches) so do not try to think all Motels in USA are meant only for truck drivers.Check out their web site http://www.landmmotel.com/ and trust me the actual place looks better than the pics in the web site.Overall Motel and Healdsburg are very cozy feel good place.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive