Raford House Bed and Breakfast Inn

10630 Wohler Rd, Healdsburg, California, 95448, United States

More about Raford House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Wonderful Retreat from everyday life....

by TripAdvisor Member ischultz

As a 60th birthday gift to my husband we traveled to "wine country" in Sonoma, CA. I wanted to stay in Healdsburg but wasn't able to get a room for our dates. I happened upon the Raford Inn online. I booked it and we stayed Nov. 9-12th, 2007. The Inn is delightful. Our room was perfect (Lavendar Room) and the property has breathtaking views! We gathered for breakfast each morning at 9:00 AM (the other guests were all very friendly and had many life experiences to share). The breakfasts were amazing! We had such a great meal that we weren't hungry for hours after. Each evening at 5:30 Dane and Rita (the proprietors) put out wine, cheese and crackers for the guests before they departed for dinner. Dane and Rita do a fantastic job making their guests feel right at home. We will return again and definitely recommend the Inn to anyone visiting the area.
Bob and Irene Schultz, PA

Wonderful experience!

by TripAdvisor Member gazersmv

We celebrated our 30th anniversary in SF / Wine Country and stayed 2 nights at the Raford Inn. Overall, stay was excellent as the innkeepers, Rita and Dane, were exceptionally hospitable and made every effort to address any of our needs. Some of the special touches included Dane beginning the first evening's wine tasting hour with a toast to us on our 30th! The breakfast was home made - everything from sumptuous quiche to fresh scones. Coffee was very good as we are very picky about a good cup of joe in the morning. Dane suggested and made reservations for us at Mosaic, a restaurant about 5-10 minutes from the inn - it was amazing. We stayed in the Strawberry Room - downstairs - very large and private. There is no TV in the room (there is one in the common sitting room) but there is a nice Bose wave radio / CD player in the room. The Inn has free wireless Internet access - we did not bring our laptop, however (a good thing). The access, however was not noted on their website - I may have considered bringing the laptop (again, I am glad that I did not). The atmosphere at the Inn is nice as all guests gathered for breakfast and wine tasting in the evening. I have attached a few photos from the Inn - enjoy!

We had a wonderful time!

by TripAdvisor Member NewYorkTrini

I booked this inn after being unable to find a place to stay in Healdsburg that I felt was reasonably priced, and I am certainly glad that I did! Dane and Rita - the owners - were wonderful from the get-go. Dane helped me find a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner when I had trouble finding one myself, and then Rita reconfirmed it the night before (it was Dry Creek Kitchen, which we enjoyed). They were very welcoming, and willing to accomodate varying breakfasts requests without a problem. Afternoon wine and cheese were offered (both very nice) in the main room, which has a fireplace - this was quite nice after a day out. They also told us about an event in town they were attending, and gave us a print out of the acitivities if we wanted to join. All very nice touches that made us feel very welcome!

Our room was very comfortable (Lavender Room), with a comfy bed and an unusually large bathroom for a B&B. We also had access to a nice cold weather treat outdoors (not sure if I can say what it was...when you call, ask!).

The B&B itself is gorgeous from the outside. We have stayed in lots of places all over, and this has one of the nicest wine country views we've had yet. The house is at the top of a small hill, with vineyard views all around. It has a French Colonial Plantation House feel (including a big porch and palm trees) - sounds a bit odd for Sonoma, but it was actually very charming and certainly different for the area.

The location was also great for trips to Healdsburg and a multitude of wineries, and if you like to eat well - for 2 well-rated restaurants, which are very near - Farmhouse Inn and Mosaic. Also good if you want to squeeze in a trip to the coast and catch a glimpse of redwoods. Once I was there, I realised it was actually even better-located than the hotels directly in Healdsburg (where staying was was my original plan).

We would definitely recommend giving Raford House Inn a try!

What a pleasure it was...

by TripAdvisor Member pebo1080

I would highly suggest the Raford Inn to everyone. It made our first trip(went with girlfriend) to Sonoma a most memorable one. Room was comfortable, Rita & Dane (the owners) were very welcoming, the house was very charming, breakfast was DELICIOUS, and a weird cat with one eye came around (his name is Willy - Sara's favorite. Save yourself the time and book the Raford Inn immediately.

The Raford House gets better each time!

by TripAdvisor Member mlcirino

The Raford Inn was fabulous. My husband and i have traveled there three times over the last seven years, and our most recent experience now that Rita and Dane own it, was by far the best!

Rita and Dane are incredibly welcoming. They really make you feel like you are part of their family and they have a very cozy and casual atmosphere.

I love the wine and cheese (and great cookies too!) in the evening. It is such a nice time for all of the guests to get together. The cookies and tea and coffee were even available when we got home from dinner - such a nice surpise and definitely makes it feel like home. Rita was great about giving us restaurant recommendations and calling for our reservation etc. It literally is like being at home!

The house is gorgeous, was beautfully decorated for Christmas and was a fabulous experience. I loved it and we'd never stay any where else when we go to Sonoma County.

A Lovely Country Inn

by TripAdvisor Member InnspiringInnkeeper

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Raford Inn. We loved our spacious room and had a wonderful view of the vineyards. It was very easy to find the Inn, and it is a beautiful property with landscape lighting on the palm trees that frame the Inn. The gourmet breakfasts were delicious, well balanced, and presented like a picture! Most importantly, though, was the warm hospitality that we received from Dane and Rita, the Innkeepers. They made us feel so welcome in every way. We are definitely going back soon. Thank you Dane and Rita!!

Incredible Experience at Raford House

by TripAdvisor Member Hamil2000lb

My wife and I stayed at the Raford Inn for just one night. We left wishing we had stayed much longer. Dane and Rita are the perfect hosts. Their hospitality is incredible. And the inn, while "off the beaten path", is minutes away from incredible wineries....many of whom know Dane and Rita. Countless gourmet restaurants are nearby. We dined at Mosaic, which was just a 5 min drive from the inn. Great food and great wine.

Our room at the inn had a private entrance in the back. It gave us a sense of privacy. But the beauty of the inn is the interaction with the hosts (Dane and Rita) as well as the other guests. We found the interaction (and the great stories) with the other guests enjoyable and memorable.

If you don't mind staying "out of town" and are looking for a memorable experience that entices you to come back again and again,l then the Raford Inn is for you.

Absolutely Wonderful! Can't wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member LadyGrace07

My family stayed at The Raford Inn in February, 2008 for 5 days. We all loved it...every minute of it. Rita & Dane are incredible hosts; they bring such warmth and joy to the Inn and to everyone there. When you go don't miss the breakfast... it is fabulous. We will be back, hopefully soon! Kathryn Derbes

Raving about the Raford

by TripAdvisor Member Katrinavictim

I really enjoyed staying at the Raford Inn in Healdsburg, California. It is a beautiful bed & breakfast near Sonoma. The owners were very accodating and sweet. Every morning we had a delicious and well balanced breakfast and every evening they served wine and cheese. They helped us plan excursions and encouraged everyone to talk about their favorite local places. They made us feel like part of the family, and we got to know our fellow travelers as family as well. One evening we talked about the history of the home and neighbors. The owner loved the history of the area and even showed us a book he had copied, bounded and preserved. It was a wonderful experience.

Mimi Shackelford

Not to be missed, great location and charm

by TripAdvisor Member Lizzypumpkin

We have just arrived home from our three week trip to California and had to write about the Raford House B&B. As we were visiting the wineries in Russian River Valley, this was the ideal spot to stay. We were just minutes away from so many good wineries, Porter Creek, Arista , to just name a few.
Raford Inn had a wonderful wrap around porch which would have been a nice spot to enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the day had it been a little bit warmer. The setting was beautiful---- on a hilltop with vineyards at the bottom. The house warm and cozy.
We stayed in the Blueberry room, which is just off the front entrance and near the diningroom. Never were we disturbed by others coming in or going out.
The room was large and airy with a four poster bed and a fireplace. There was always a slow burning log to thrown in and enjoy the heat. The bathroom was also large and bright , with a standard shower and lots of storage space.
The diningroom was the gathering place in the morning for delicious breakfasts and wonderful discussions with fellow travellers. Dina and Dane were always around to answer any questions about excursions, wineries, restaurants, etc.
In the evening, their wine and cheese hour, was another time to exchange information about your days outings with the hosts as well as the other guests.
There were interesting restaurants only a few minutes away.
We ate at Mosaic one evening, good food and wine. There was also a little Mexican lunch place in Forestville which was very good. Healdsburg was only an 10-15 minute drive away along the country roads.
This B & B is not to be missed with its warm country charm and wonderful hosts. We will definitely visit again when we are in the area. Thanks Rita and Dane for all your wonderful hospitality.
Liz and Bob

Inside the RestaurantInside the Restaurant

Local musicians at the Saturday Farmers MarketLocal musicians at the Saturday Farmers Market

Ferrari in the entranceFerrari in the entrance

Not a whole lot to seeNot a whole lot to see

Comments