Beach House At Hermosa Beach

BrendaLehr's Profile Photo

Right on the beach

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2005

This hotel had a very nice comfortable room with a view of the ocean and the volley ball players on the beach. It was loud at night as people were out along the beach walk all night and there is a bar just a few doors down.

Unique Quality: Nice little outdoor beach cafe next door, sports bar a few doors down, shopping on the next block. It was fun to watch all of the volleyball players I had no idea how serious people took this sport and what a lifestyle it is.

Oceanview Room Does Not Have Ocean View

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 3, 2005

In August 2005, I reserved an Oceanview Room at the Beach House for September 2 to 5, 2005. The reservation operator described the room, including its size and views of the ocean and the pier. The Beach House website picture of the Oceanview Room shows a romantic couple on their balcony overlooking an unobstructed panoramic view of the ocean.

Upon arriving in Room 303 of the Beach House, I thought that there was a mistake since the windows of the room faced the adjacent business roofs and the hotel garage. I spoke with the Front Office Manager who reassured me that Room 303 was one of the best Oceanview Rooms. I refused the room since the Beach House website and their reservation operator misrepresented their accommodations.

The Front Office Manager advised me on September 2, 2005 that I would be charged for one night since the Beach House has a 72-hour cancellation policy. I understand that these policies are designed to defray costs of guests who fail to appear. I was never informed of a cancellation policy and should not be charged for being dissatisfied with their deception. In fact, I did not cancel the reservation; I refused a room that was not as advertised.

Oceanview Room Does Not Have Ocean View

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 3, 2005

Upon arriving in Room 303 of the Beach House, I thought that there was a mistake since the windows of the room faced the adjacent business roofs and the hotel garage. I spoke with the Front Office Manager, Mr. Timothy Cunningham, who reassured me that Room 303 was one of the best Oceanview Rooms. I refused the room since the Beach House website and their reservation operator misrepresented their accommodations.

Mr. Cunningham advised me on September 2, 2005 that I would be charged for one night since the Beach House has a 72-hour cancellation policy. I understand that these policies are designed to defray costs of guests who fail to appear. I was never informed of a cancellation policy and should not be charged for being dissatisfied with their deception.

bruingirl's Profile Photo

Beach House

by written on August 19, 2003

LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!!!!! There's no other hotel in a better location that this place on the ENTIRE STRAND, either in Manhattan Beach or Hermosa! If you want to live it up for a weekend in Hermosa, book a room here! Perfect place to people watch and be in the middle of all the action during major events like the AVP tours or Beach Bash...

Unique Quality: I've never stayed here, but the lobby is beautiful and the hotel looks very well maintained. Definitely more on the high-end, but not the Ritz-Carlton. Not a budget inn.

Nearby Beach House At Hermosa Beach

• Kitchenette
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Hermosa Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Hermosa Beach, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Hermosa Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hermosa Beach hotel reviews