1300 The Strand, Hermosa Beach, California, 90254, United States

Beach House at Hermosa Beach
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• BrendaLehr's Profile Photo

Right on the beach

This hotel had a very nice comfortable room with a view of the ocean and the volley ball players on the beach. It was loud at night as people were out along the beach walk all night and there is a bar just a few doors down.

Unique Quality: Nice little outdoor beach cafe next door, sports bar a few doors down, shopping on the next block. It was fun to watch all of the volleyball players I had no idea how serious people took this sport and what a lifestyle it is.

• Oceanview Room Does Not Have Ocean View

In August 2005, I reserved an Oceanview Room at the Beach House for September 2 to 5, 2005. The reservation operator described the room, including its size and views of the ocean and the pier. The Beach House website picture of the Oceanview Room shows a romantic couple on their balcony overlooking an unobstructed panoramic view of the ocean.

Upon arriving in Room 303 of the Beach House, I thought that there was a mistake since the windows of the room faced the adjacent business roofs and the hotel garage. I spoke with the Front Office Manager who reassured me that Room 303 was one of the best Oceanview Rooms. I refused the room since the Beach House website and their reservation operator misrepresented their accommodations.

The Front Office Manager advised me on September 2, 2005 that I would be charged for one night since the Beach House has a 72-hour cancellation policy. I understand that these policies are designed to defray costs of guests who fail to appear. I was never informed of a cancellation policy and should not be charged for being dissatisfied with their deception. In fact, I did not cancel the reservation; I refused a room that was not as advertised.

• Oceanview Room Does Not Have Ocean View

Upon arriving in Room 303 of the Beach House, I thought that there was a mistake since the windows of the room faced the adjacent business roofs and the hotel garage. I spoke with the Front Office Manager, Mr. Timothy Cunningham, who reassured me that Room 303 was one of the best Oceanview Rooms. I refused the room since the Beach House website and their reservation operator misrepresented their accommodations.

Mr. Cunningham advised me on September 2, 2005 that I would be charged for one night since the Beach House has a 72-hour cancellation policy. I understand that these policies are designed to defray costs of guests who fail to appear. I was never informed of a cancellation policy and should not be charged for being dissatisfied with their deception.

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

Beach House

LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!!!!! There's no other hotel in a better location that this place on the ENTIRE STRAND, either in Manhattan Beach or Hermosa! If you want to live it up for a weekend in Hermosa, book a room here! Perfect place to people watch and be in the middle of all the action during major events like the AVP tours or Beach Bash...

Unique Quality: I've never stayed here, but the lobby is beautiful and the hotel looks very well maintained. Definitely more on the high-end, but not the Ritz-Carlton. Not a budget inn.

Comments