Quality Inn and Suites Hermosa Beach

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Quality Inn and Suites Hermosa Beach

Nice Quality Inn Near Hermosa Beach with Many Extras

Quality inn, Hermosa Beach, California. First off be advised that this hotel is located a walkable 10 blocks from The Strand, and the beach.
We were greeted by fresh fruit and cookies at the reception desk, and a very cheerful receptionist. Complimentary computer kiosk and printer is located in lobby. We booked a 1 King Suite- with separate living room, and outside balcony.
Two complimentary bottles of water were placed in the room, which had 2 TV's, microwave, iron, ironing board, refrigerator,coffeepot with Wolfgang Puck coffee. There was also a glass jar with cotton balls and Q-Tips for our use.
Rooms are very clean, carpeting is relatively new. Our bedroom fronted Aviation Boulevard, but we didn't find the street noise too bothersome. The breeze from the nearby ocean was so refreshing that we decided to turn off the A/C and open the screened-in balcony door in tandem with the living room window for a wonderful breeze.
The "pool" is actually an older rectangular jacuzzi which they provide without heat, and is suitable for a dip.
The free breakfast had above average offerings: coffee,teas,juice,
biscuits& gravy, yogurt, h/boiled eggs, cereals,and the "make it yourself" malted waffle maker. There's both indoor and outside balcony tables- which made for a nice touch.
Nice fitness center, free newspapers daily, oh, and two bath robes for guest use.
Walk 1 block to a supermarket, and then on to the beach- you'll pass alot of restaurants / pubs / gift shops, etc on your way to the beach to make for a pleasant walk.
Be advised that beach parking is extremely limited and comes at a premium.
You won't go wrong here, as long as your expectations are not "Hilton or Sheraton."

Cockroaches on the first floor!!!

by TripAdvisor Member YouMeBean

We stayed for 3 nights in mid September 2006 for the weekend and Monday. The room they gave us was part of a two room suite, so there was a door between us and the room next door. Said paper-thin door is a problem when you've got some noisy neighbors who come back at 3am.
There were a few cockroaches in the dresser and the bathroom! Ew! The carpeting looked new, but they were dirty. My son's socks turned black after running around the room for 15 minutes! I was so afraid of finding any more cockroaches that I put my shoes on when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. It turned out to be a good idea, since I had to step on and kill another cockroach in the bathroom!
The saftey chain thing was practically falling off the door jamb, and the room was missing a smoke detector. The bathroom wallpaper looked like it had some squashed bug marks on them, and the door was chipped in the corners and edges.
The staff could do nothing for me when I complained about the noise, as it continued for another hour afterwards, and when I mentioned the cockroaches and asked for another room, not even an apology, but just "I'll leave a note for the morning staff".
They did finally gave us another room on the second floor the next day (I had to contact them, they didn't call me), but the carpeting was still dirty, and the bathroom only slightly improved from the first room. There was no offer of a free night, despite their satisfaction guarantee on their info. flyer and Quality Inns website. (I prepaid for the room, so I couldn't just check out and into another hotel nearby. Also never doing that again!)
Both rooms faced Aviation Blvd, and the noise is too loud to leave the sliders open overnight. The balconey is uselessly small, and has no furniture in it; no chairs, nothing.
The breakfast was average continental, with tasteless waffle batter for making your own waffles. But hey, free newspaper!
Basically, I felt I paid for a hotel room and got a motel room for it.

ok but loud

by TripAdvisor Member calipepper

Rooms were spacious and pretty clean. Small annoyances like burned out light bulbs in two of the lamps. Noise: I booked one of the suites but they all face Aviation blvd. and the traffice noise was bad. It's a high traffic part of town so don't count on it gettting quieter at night. Asked to be switched to a room on the other side and was much quieter. It's open air hallways so you'll get more noise if near either end of the hallways.

Front desk helpfullness depended on which person was there at the time. The free internet on the computer in the lobby was great for getting directions and checking email so I didn't have to travel with a laptop.

Good location and close to beach and shops. The closet metro train stop (yes, they do have one in LA) is Renaldo Beach. The train was easy to use and keep me out of hellacious LA traffic. Hermosa/Manhattan/Renaldo Beach area is far more relaxed than LA/Beverly Hills.

going downhill......

by TripAdvisor Member badprncessali

We have been staying at this hotel for many years because they offer a jacuzii tub in some rooms and that is my thing. This last stay however, we did not book a spa room because we knew we would be getting in late and I feel bad about the noise at night. Unfortunately I forgot to specify we wanted a room on the backside of the hotel to avoid the street noise and were initially placed in a room facing Aviation. I called the front desk and asked if there were any rooms on the other side because my husband is a light sleeper. She said no. Then I asked if she saw my request for a spa room if available and she said no, you didn't book it through us so we didn't get the request. Excuse me? Former travel agent here, and I always book the room through the hotels website and I always get my requests so I knew the girl was going to be a problem if she would lie about and/or not understand something like that. She again told me there were no rooms on the other side. So I informed her of the huge HOLE in the wall behind the door in this room and lo and behold, she found a room on the other side. That happened to have a spa tub. Which I didn't use because it was late by the way. She made sure to tell me I was getting it because of a problem with the room, not because I asked for it. Overall I was extremely put off by the level of dis-service I experienced with this stay and when I told the morning clerk all she did was hand me a comment card. I saw there is a holiday inn with spa tubs down the road in Manhattan Beach, I think I will try them next time.

Great for the price!!

by TripAdvisor Member jnycce

The staff were friendly and attentive. The breakfast was above average. (Loved the wafflemaker and fresh muffins). The gym was quiet and clean. Overall the room was clean. A bit of an odor, but nothing unbearable. Safe area! Would definitely return.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Frink1234

I was put in charge of securing lodging for a group of 5 (4 different rooms) for 5 nights. We needed a place that was clean, safe, with easy access to our business in LA and Long Beach and less than $100 per night including taxes. I used TripAdvisor reviews among others and decided on the Quality Inn and Suites in Hermosa Beach. Check-in was easy. The lobby small but adequate providing fresh apples and coffee with cookies baked fresh every afternoon. A computer station provided internet access and a printer. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Several had a nice balcony (although very small) but you could go out and get fresh air and actually see the ocean. The ocean was a safe, easy walk which took about 12 minutes or so. The Ralph’s store next to the hotel was very convenient and I bought food on several occasions to bring to the room. The continental breakfast was adequate for my needs. The ends of the hallways are open to the outside so the hallways can get a bit chilly, but you shouldn't be in the halls long anyway! The staff was friendly and accommodating. The free wireless internet access in the rooms was fast and worked perfectly. The room I stayed in had a digital thermostat to control the heater. The first night I stayed, I arrived about 2 hours before normal check-in time. Since they didn't have my room ready they upgraded me (at no extra cost) to a room that was ready that had a Jacuzzi. I definitely would stay there again if in the area.

Huge room but a bit musty, overall pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member PopArtist

Myself and a couple of other gals stayed here two nights in order to be close to a couple of shows at the Comedy and Magic Club. I booked here because it was the best combo of price/location/quality for our purposes. We were given a two-queen bed room at the end of the 3rd (top) floor overlooking the pool and a pleasant, quiet residential street - the room was the only one on that side of the open air corridor so there were no other rooms adjoining it and it was pretty quiet. The room was huge - even with a third, rollaway bed and all the luggage there was still plenty of room.

The room was clean although it felt well-used. Although the room could benefit from some updating (ditch the blue carpet inside the room and in the corridor), the furnishings were in good shape, and the bed was comfortable. When we first entered the room it was very humid and smelled very musty. As it was unusually cool that weekend we opened a window and the mustiness dissapated. When the windows were closed for awhile, the mustiness and humidity would build again - no clue what was causing that.

Other than that, it was quite a pleasant stay - the extras made it so. It has ample free parking, the free wireless internet in the rooms worked well and there are also two PCs in the lobby lounge. The continental breakfast there was good, the muffins were fresh, the coffee good and it also included hard boiled eggs and hot make-your-own waffles. There was fruit and coffee available in the lobby 24/7. The staff there was also quite pleasant.

Location was good - it was a very pleasant 10-15 minute walk to the beach, past a lot of shops and restaurants - it gives a good view of life in Hermosa Beach. Be warned that there are a couple of fairly steep uphills on the way back to the hotel, but it's not a problem for anyone in normal shape. There is a big shopping plaza behind the hotel with a Ralph's and other stores for the essentials, a few interesting restaurants were also right in the hotel's immediate vicinity.

All in all, the hotel served us well, and I thought it was a good value.

Vomit in the bath tub

by TripAdvisor Member zaccat

The sight of finding Vomit and 2 inches of water in a bath tub will take a long time to leave my mind. We were given new rooms and the rooms were mostly clean, one bath room had not been cleaned behind the door for some time dirty hand prints and a dirty wall. But the bedding, pillows and comforters were clean. And management did adjust the bill.

Budget friendly & great location

by TripAdvisor Member luckygirl79

We took a last minute weekend trip to the LA area with family and booked the Hermosa Beach Quality Inn one day before arrival. We wanted something that would not break the bank but was also close to the beach and this place came through in both areas. (Note: location is in view of beach, but walking could prove tricky. Beach is 10 or 12 blocks away and the walk back would be uphill). Rates were budget-friendly and much cheaper then expected for a last minute reservation near the beach in summer. Check in was quick and easy and desk clerk was pleasant. He spent a lot of time with the family in line before us giving them maps, directions, dining recommendations, that sort of thing, which was nice. We had requested and were given a room with an ocean view. The room itself was comfy and fit our needs. It was fairly spacious with two queens beds. Furnishings were a bit older and the carpet could be replaced, but it was perfectly fine for a two night stay. There were all of the basics--coffee pot, mini fridge, etc. Bathroom was clean. The best part of the room was the small balcony with a great ocean view. It was great to step outside into the fresh air and watch the waves. One strange thing to add: there was a large piece of plywood covering the floor of the balcony. I am not sure if it was there for support or to cover something, but it was rickety when you stepped on it and seemed strange. The free breakfast was fabulous. Lots of variety--cereals, pastries and muffins, fruit, coffee and juices and make-your-own waffles. There was a little area to sit inside or you could sit outside on a little balcony and enjoy your breakfast. Other pluses: free, underground parking and a HUGE jacuzzi, which is apparently sometimes used as a pool according to other reviews. When we were there, it was heated with jets running and was the perfect ending to a long day of swimming and walking. We found it by accident walking up the back stairs to our room. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is not the Marriott by any means, but is fairly clean and comfortable and a great value. Perfect for a budget-friendly trip to the beach.

Nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member kicking-back

My husband & I recently stayed (mid January 2008) 3 nites @ the Quality Inn while on vacation in Hermosa Beach, CA. We were pleased with everything about our room - it was clean, roomy and comfortable. The staff (especially Rocky) was very friendly and offered suggestions where we should eat and go for entertainment. We definitely liked having a view of the ocean from our room balcony and the nice complementary continental style breakfast that included waffles and assorted baked items. This is a very nice hotel and an excellent value.
Rick & Carolyn from Schaumburg, Il (Chicago) area.

Hermosa BeachHermosa Beach

surfer guysurfer guy

Chris (the owner) and Suz at The Cruz RoomChris (the owner) and Suz at The Cruz Room

my friend in the front of a cabmy friend in the front of a cab

Comments