4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• e_boc's Profile Photo

In the Middle of Sunset Strip

The Hyatt West Hollywood has just completed a $7 million renovation. The renovations included the lobby, public areas, restaurant and bar, and meeting space. The new restaurant, Tramonto on the Strip, features al fresco patio seating. The hotel offers two magnificent new meeting rooms, 2,800 and 4,000 sq. ft., the Sunset and Platinum rooms. Enjoy the new fitness center, which is located on the lobby level complimentary to hotel guests.

More about Andaz West Hollywood

Andaz Hyatt Sunset Blvd Californai

by TripAdvisor Member lizziemac53

I stayed at this hotel weekend of 21 March.
Hotel is beautiful. Very modern. Great location. Could watch the cars cruising on Sunset Blvd and beautiful view of Los Angeles from our room. Would higly recommend this hotel. The staff are very friendly and will do anything to help you. Indeed i had flight on the sunday evening late to Fiji and they were so great they allowed me to keep room until 5pm. Did day tour of city on the Sunday was great. Would like to say a special thanks to Dean
who was so helpful and kind . 5 stars plus for this hotel service.
INext visit will chose Andaz for sure. Will recommend to all my family and friends if they are visiting the area.
Thanks****

BEWARE Renovated Party house, not soo great a place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member SFtraveler67

Hyatt renovated the Riot House trying to transform a drunken party house for adults into The Andaz.. This place if full of wanna bees trying to be hip, but in a very very bad way. For those of you who are not familiar with the area, the Sunset is where people come to party like rock stars, and they party hard. I found out they come to this hotel to do that as well. During my stay I could hear various parties going on in other rooms, as well as a huge fight in the lobby between drunken adults. I was told by many locals this is normal for that hotel, that is why it was called THE RIOT HOUSE and still is. All night I could hear people yelling and screaming from the street below and in the rooms next to me. The windows and the walls at this hotel are too thin!!! I had to wear ear plugs. I found the staff sort of cold and aloof. All they do is stand and pose in the lobby. They certainly lacks any aggressive hospitality skills that I've seen at other fine hotels.

It really to bad, the hotel is nice, they did a great job on rooms and roof top pool area. The bathroom and the closet in the room are tiny. The lobby is nice, but sort of has an empty cold feeling. I would say if your an adult stuck in his or her early 20s and want to party like a rock star this is the place for you. If your looking for a uncomplicated, personal, and vibrant place to stay go else where. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know. PERIOD

will return

by TripAdvisor Member espen11

I stayed here on business and was very impressed with the staff. They were almost too attentive but I recieved everything I need promptly. I called for toothpaste, someone was at my door in 5 mintues. I requested a wakeup call and when I didnt answer the phone (there was a problem and it didnt ring) they sent someone up to knock on my door. Beds were comfy, everything was very clean. Right in the middle of Hollywood's nightlife.

My critiques: The bathroom was a bit small and I wasnt shown how to crack the windows. Also they do not have a business center and when I was trying to print a pdf, I was unable.

Andaz is definitely the place to be

by TripAdvisor Member wpier7

Absolutely loved the Andaz. Can't say enough about the service/experience. When you arrive, a host greets you and offers free coffee, juice, pastries, etc. There's also no traditional front desk - your host checks you in on a handheld computer while you relax in the lobby. We arrived several hours early but had no problem checking in. Overall, the hotel is very contemporary and modern. Lots of art and unique/interesting concepts going on about it. For example, the showers are designed without a curtain or sliding door (it's not as bad as it sounds)! I believe the hotel was just renovated in January 09, so the rooms are still brand new and extremely clean. If you're interested in Hollywood nightlife this is definitely the place to be - lots of restaurants, nightclubs, bars, etc. nearby. Valet parking is $28/day, but this seems to be the norm in Hollywood. I will DEFINITELY be returning.

a luxurious escape in the middle of West Hollywood

by TripAdvisor Member globalgal4768

We stayed in the new Andaz hotel on our most recent trip to LA. We had read about the opening of the hotel and seen photos a few weeks earlier so definitely wanted to check it out.. We've stayed everywhere else in West Hollywood[ Mondrian, Grafton] and found the Andaz to have a unique flavor of luxury and intimacy.
Loved the atmosphere- a " host" greets you and escorts you to your room- no traditional front desk.
The feeling of being a guest continues with coffee, muffins, laptops, and afternoon wine in the beautiful lobby for the hotel guests. Ask for a room facing Sunset Blvd. and the views at night are worth the rates. A total LA experience.

We loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member annsmom

My husband and I stayed at the Andaz on March 27 & 28, 2009. He had stayed there several years ago before it was remodeled as the Andaz. He had always talked about the pool on the roof and the view. We were planning a trip to LA and received an email from Hyatt to stay at the Andaz so we took them up on it.
We love to travel and stay at many different types of hotels so we wondered how different this could be. We loved the concept of no front desk and having one person take care of all your check in needs. We sat in the lobby and drank iced tea while Dean checked us in and told us all about the hotel. It definately is different. Very modern decor and new approach to guests, treating us more like friends than customers. If you don't travel a lot or like to know exactly what to expect then you might not like Andaz, but if you travel a lot and like new and exciting ideas then this hotel would be a good fit for you. The views from the street side are wonderful and the pool on the roof makes you want to spend the entire stay up there.
We only had a few suggestions, they need addtional lighting in the rooms for us old fogies and our declining eye site and additional shelves and hooks in the bathroom.
The restaurant is out of this world, try the beef cheeks or the risotto, you won't be disappointed.

by TripAdvisor Member claudiod

We stayed 6 nights at the Andaz. The new concept of checking in was very nice. They just dont't treat you like a guest, but like friends!......
The Valet guys were all very nice, thanks guys!.....Jamie at the bar lounge, what can I say, but your the best!....Courtney and I forgot the lady who was from London that was the sound lady for films you were all very nice...thanks!

The rooms were very nice and clean...very very comfortable beds and the pillows....heavenly!

The hotel is located perfectly for all the glitz and glamor of hollywood!

The hotel was great in hooking us up to restaurants on Sunset Plaza and of course VIP tickets at the House of Blues for Keith Urban!..wow what a treat!

Will be back in June!

Could be an upscale hotel once "kinks" are worked out . . .

by TripAdvisor Member ladolcevida17

Besides a mix-up on rooms, computer problems, keys not working, and initially being overcharged due to their computer system, the hotel itself was trendy, rooms were comfortable and valet service was excellent. I think the Andaz Hotel, which is part of the Hyatt's hotel family, has potential to be an "upscale" hotel but at this time, it is not quite up to par with other world class hotels. Once some reorganization is done and some "kinks" are worked out, I might consider staying here again. The valet fee was $28.00 to park, the service was excellent and the valets were friendly and helpful.

The hotel may want to "distinguish" who is a member of the hotel staff as we could not ascertain who to check-in with. Granted, we were warmly greeted by several people and eventually taken to a "table" to check-in as this hotel does not have a standard check-in counter.

Upon departure, the "morning coffee/pastries" were suppose to have a hostess assisting you, but there was no one there. After trying to figure out which coffee was decaf and where the cream was, someone ventured over to help the customer beside us. Some of the staff had trouble with their mini-lap top computers and had to find someone else to help them figure it out. We questioned our bill which had "additional fees" that totaled an extra $118 which appeared to be an overcharge. Needless to say, check out took at least thirty minutes to resolve. The computer total was incorrect and after a manual calculation was done, only $35 was due. Although we may have been the exception, the hotel still needs to work on running more "smoothly" and efficiently. I must reiterate that the location is wonderful as it is close to the House of Blues, the Comedy Store, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood. Since we prefer "smooth," minimal hassles, and experienced service, we can't fully endorse this hotel.

Comments