Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles - Hollywood

2005 North Highland Avenue, (Formerly Holiday Inn), Los Angeles, California, 90068, United States

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Hollywood
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Stayed at the Holiday Inn...

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Hollywood Hotel for only ONE night.... Felt sooooo unsafe here! So I don't think I'd recommend you to stay at this hotel.

Unique Quality: It's very near to Sunset Boulevard....

Directions: It's very near to the Hollywood Walk of Fame....

Address: 2005 N HIGHLAND AVE, HOLLYWOOD, CA 90068 UNITED STATES

Tel: +1 323 850 5811

More about Hollywood Heights Hotel

SIGHTSEEING....
The best...

SIGHTSEEING....

The best sights I can think of is the world famous Mann's Chinese Theater and the Walk of Fame. Just use your feet to sweep away the litter (yuks, it's really dirty!) and you should be able to see some of biggest names in Hollywood immortalized here.

Don't say I didn't warn you how dirty this whole area is.... Oh, and be careful not to bump into the wrong group of people. There are also lots of kinky shops selling stuffs that would make a mother blush...

Photo Below: Took this pic from my hotel room - the Holiday Inn Hollywood. That's a pic of the EL CAPITAN THEATER (another Hollywood landmark apparently) located along Hollywood Boulevard....

Hollywood Tip

by Krystynn

No trip to LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA is quite complete if you don't drop by HOLLYWOOD... if only to appease your curiosity. :-)

The first time when I came to LA (in the summer of 1990), I'd expected HOLLYWOOD to be some glam place (from the movies/ TV shows I watched).... but oh, how mistaken I was!

P.S. The Frommer's Guide Book that I'd bought on Los Angeles certainly didn't help me either! The book recommended that the most central place to stay in LA is - HOLLYWOOD. Not! Believe me, most LA residents will advise you against staying here....

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Hollywood on my first night... and promptly checked out of the hotel the following morning! Why? Imagine this - when I went back to the hotel after a bout of shopping at Melrose Avenue, the hotel security guard ran after me and told me not to take the elevator up to my hotel room alone. He said - 'This is Hollywood.... Anything can happen from the first floor to the 7th floor'... (where my room was located). Eeks!

That night I couldn't sleep a wink. My neighbors (must be some struggling rock band!) were throwing some BIG party and had switched on their music to FULL BLAST. Sigh... How to sleep? Called my friend the following morning and well, let's just say that it was the best decision I made i.e. to MOVE OUT OF HOLLYWOOD. :-)) To be honest, the only thing I enjoyed about Hollywood is its resident theme park - Universal Studios.... :-))

Well, if you truly wish to know whether I made it through my 2nd night in HOLLYWOOD, please feel free to click onto this link that will zoom you straight to my travel page on HOLLYWOOD Thank yooou!

Photo Below: A funky shop I spotted along Melrose Avenue...

The Best New Years Eve Ever!

by TripAdvisor Member babychristopher

I was recently working in the Hollywood area and made a reservation at the Hollywood Heights Hotel. Since I was going to be out of town for a few days.... I brought my husband and son along. This hotel made my family feel like their family. I couldn't believe how accommodating the staff was especially with my little boy. Breakfast each morning was such a treat as the staff couldn't do enough for us - the french toast was my favorite! My son enjoyed the pancakes! I travel quite a bit and was truly impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. We ended up spending New Years Eve in Hollywood and walking to the "Walk of Fame" bringing in the new year in Hollywood was incredible. I hope to be able to go back to the hotel very soon!

Perfect Base

by TripAdvisor Member Leaherbie

We stayed at this hotel for four nights and thought it was the perfect base for seeing Hollywood. It is near to the walk of fame (five minute walk away) and a short five minute drive to the hollywood sign. (If following your satnav don't settle for where it leaves you at the Hollywood sign, meander up the hills and keep looking and you can get much much nearer. There is a spot where you can park and take great pictures. The beaches are great too, Venice and Santa Monica. We hired bikes on both and had great fun. Venice beach wasn't what I expected though. It is full of beggers and odd people for want of a better word but don't let this put you off, it is beautiful down there.
Back to the hotel. The staff are very friendly and are always there to help. It is clean and the rooms are large in size. The pool is a good size and the jacuzzi is great. It is red hot. We went down to the pool five or six times and it must have been quiet because we had it all to ourselves which was good.

Rooms very nice, lobby a little tired

by TripAdvisor Member TA_Brian

I was shiftted to this hotel when the hotel next door was overbooked, so I was a little worried. the staff were very nice at check-in, but the lobby was a little tired, even though it's been recently renovated. The door behind the front desk was open to reveal some sort of utility room with broom/mops etc. clearly visible, and the carpet was held together with green duct tape where the seam had split.

So I was very relieved to get to my room which has not been worn out since renovation. Very nice bed, linens, etc and very clean carpet. smallish bathroom, but fine. Road noise from the street, even though I'm on the top floor. But a good night's sleep nonetheless

Fabulous staff, hotel nice and clean

by TripAdvisor Member Mara86

We stayed here for 4 nights in October. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful (which unlike another reviewer states was not at all creepy or over the top). The hotel was very clean, we loved the 40's and 50's Hollywood style. Our room was pleasant, clean and comfortable. The restaurant was great- very good food and again friendly, nice and accommodating staff. The Hotel is in a good location for all the Hollywood sights such as the Walk of Fame etc. I don't think I will go back to Hollywood but if I do I would defiantly stay at this hotel again.

great spot

by TripAdvisor Member SydneySally

Great loaction, just a couple of minutes walk to Hollywood Boulevarde. Room was good and the hotel bar and restaurant was as well. Good value for money and nice people to deal with. Highly recommend.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sunbeam5

Great location, comfy rooms, excellent staff! We arrived from Sydney after a long flight and were greeted by very friendly reception staff. Whilst my friend was checking in we were given a map of the local area by the tour desk and told how to book any tours we might need. We had already booked our Universal Studios tour and it needed to be confirmed with the supplier which the Tour Desk was happy to do on our behalf even though we hadn't booked it there. The room was clean, very comfortable and we had plenty of space. The hotel is just up the road from The Highland Centre and Hollywood Boulevard, so a great location! We found the staff couldn't do enough for us. When they found out we were off to Universal Studios they gave us a map and suggestions of what to see there! A great hotel, highly recommended!

HOLLYWOOD - Not Quite What I'd Imagined!

by Krystynn

The first time when I came to LA, I'd expected HOLLYWOOD to be some glam place (from the movies/ TV shows I watched).... but oh, how mistaken I was!

The Frommer's Guide Book that I'd bought on Los Angeles certainly didn't help me either! The book recommended that the most central place to stay in LA is - Hollywood. Not! Believe me, most LA residents will advise you against staying here.... But then again, if you're into those kind of kinky stuffs, then this place is for you. :-))

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Hollywood on my first night... and promptly checked out of the hotel the following morning.

Why?

Imagine this - when I went back to the hotel after a bout of shopping at Melrose Avenue, the hotel security guard ran after me and told me not to take the elevator up to my hotel room alone. He said - "This is Hollywood.... Anything can happen from the first floor to the 7th floor"... (where my room was located). Eeks!

This travel page is written from my own personal experience during my first visit to Hollywood in 1990. So, if you're one of the rare few who truly enjoyed it here, then good for ya. I have since returned to LA thrice over the years... but have never bothered to come to this part of USA. Sorry.

Don't hate me and send me nasty emails because of my bad experience(s). Hey, didn't your Mom teach you to be more broad minded? What? No? Oh well, not too late to start right now ;-))

Back to Hollywood.... Perhaps Governor Schwarzenegger (elected Governor of California in 2003) should consider scrubbing this place real clean... of pimps... prostitutes... and other vices to make it more 'environmentally and children friendly'.

Have fun!

"Once in a while it really hits people that they don't have to experience the world in the way they have been told to."
- Alan Keightley

Copyright © Krystynn 2003
Please do not take my personal pics without prior permission. Thanks.

nightlife

by sydoz

Hi!
Will be in LA with my b/f early Sept for 4 nights. Just wondering some good places to check out at. We are mid 20s and staying in Holiday Inn Hollywood & from what ive heard this isnt the safest area, so I would feel much better having an idea on where im going rather than aimlessly wandering around. We will have a far for 3 nights, so I was thinking perhaps Santa Monica for one night, Hollywood the rest.
Thanks for any suggestions :-))

RE: nightlife

by deedeechi

hey..i just posted a reply to your sd ?, but here goes for this one too, so i attended ucla, which is the uni there, and partied for awhile in la. la is super fun, but alittle disclaimer, some areas not so nice and frankly quite scary. stay on the westside...westwood and west hollywood. around westwood is super fun and is littered with college students. the atmosphere is fun and upbeat. you can also head to sunset strip, it is the infamous strip for clubs and bars, you can walk from club to club. miyagis (japanese themed bar) saddle ranch (cowboy themed) are fun relaxed places that get packed, skybar and barfly are more swank and upscale but very fun. if you have a car at your disposal try avalon, in hollwood, it is uber elite and all the celebs go there, but careful its like 40 dollars for entrance. santa monica is also nice and 3-rd street promenade is a must for movies and great shopping, it is an outdoor mall, with tons f people, kinda like brisbanes outdoor shopping area. venice beach is a trip, weirdos, models, and bong shops litter the beach. its very interesting though. if you can get to the la beaches, manhattan beach/hermosa they are my favorite, the beach crowds are always the best, they are a fusion of la posh and beachy surfers. fantastic, on the pier there, there are tons of bars. very fun. in general la is pretty tricky because the nice areas are adjacent to the kinda scary neighborhoods, but dont let that scare you la is all bark no bite, me and my friends used to party there from sixteen on, and we were never bothered. so have tons of fun, and again if you need any help or even a place to crash let me know, i love cali and i love to share it.

RE: RE: nightlife

by funnybeee

wow, deedeechi, although I was not the original poster of this thread, THANKS!!!

Great information...

RE: nightlife

by stivgross

James Brown and Angie Stone are playing the Hollywood Bowl Sept 6? Tool is playing at Staples the following night sept 7?

Here's a good link for ideas:

laweekly.com