1775 Orchid Avenue, Los Angeles, California, 90028, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Just at the Back of the Kodak Theater

The Hollywood Celebrity Hotel is owned by the Marriott Group and is one of the more expensive hotels in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles but the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel nearby has slightly more expensive rates. Rack Rates here is about $ 180 plus for off season rates and $ 250 and up for peak season rates.

According to their Website:

The ultra-stylish Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa has quickly become the premier luxury property in the movie-making capital of the world. Boasting a sophisticated mid-century modern design and breathtaking view of LA--as well as forward-thinking "green" initiatives--this dazzling landmark hotel captures the legendary glamour and excitement of Hollywood's illustrious past. As cornerstone of the spectacular Hollywood & Highland Center retail and entertainment destination, the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa plays neighbor to trend-setting shops, world-class restaurants, legendary landmarks and state-of-the-art entertainment venues, including Kodak Theatre - home of the annual Academy Awards® ceremonies!

Unique Quality: the rooms here are large and with wonderful views of the Hollywood Hills Area

Directions: 1775 Orchid Avenue, Los Angeles, California, 90028, United States

• hollywood's perfect little accommodation!

Four girls on a perfect California 2 wk. vacation and just lucky enough to have found this little gem of a hotel for a 3 night stay while in Hollywood. The pic's on the internet do not do this place justice and it sure deserves at least a 4 star rating. We were pleasantly surprised with our room which had 2 king beds in 2 rooms and a full kitchenette and dining area. Very clean and comfortable. Staff were lovely and very helpful. Continental brkfst. was the best I have ever had with lots of variety. Situated right behind the Kodak theatre and within 3 hrs. of our arrival we saw several big stars as there was a Sean Connery lifetime achievement celebration at the theatre and were able to get very close for a lot of fun photos. While strolling along the Hollywood walk of fame we found an amazing little place called Venice Pizza + Deli @ 6603 Hollywood Blvd. where we believe the best pasta and pizza we have ever eaten and also the best waitress named Rachel who we just adored and was only to happy to take care of our every request. This is the perfect hotel for those who want to be in the thick of the action only having to walk or take a short cab ride to everything you could possibly want to see or do. I will definately be back in the future and will not need to look any further that this hotel and the prices were very reasonably. One more thing, if you go on a tour you should definately try the Starline Tour and get Brian Donnelly for your guide, I promise you won't be disappointed he is the best!

Unique Quality: This hotel is a charming throwback to another time which immediately causes one to take a deep breath and become quite calm and relaxed. Quaint little street within arm's length on the Kodak theatre and the Hollywood walk of fame. Nice little gym with with steam room. Wonderful continental brkfst. Clean, comfortable and lg. room with kitchenette. Lovely front desk staff who immediately took care of all of our arrangements for sightseeing, cabs etc. Comfortable small patio out front where you can enjoy your morning coffee. Internet in the lobby.

Directions: The Celebrity Hotel is only a few steps away from the Hollywood stars of fame walk and directly behimd the Kodak Theatre and Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

• Always7696's Profile Photo

$50 - $100

Unique Quality: Nice. It has inside hallways and only one entrance through the front of the hotel. Provides free continental breakfast that will be served outside or directly to your room. The room I was in was very large. I had a king-ized bed, two-seater couch across from a tv, a dining table, and good sized bathroom.

More about Hollywood Celebrity Hotel

Small hotel, World Class Service

My daughter and I spent 4 nights there and loved it. We were close to everything. We didn't really need the rental car, there so much to do right there or take the Metro anywhere in LA real cheap. Walking distance to Magic Castle, Hollywood and Highland, Kodak Theatre, Graumans Theatre, Walk of Fame, great places to eat, Jimmy Kimmel Live Show (get tickets in advance for free taping) & one stop up by Metro to Universal Studios. The room was roomy, ac worked great, clean, comfortable beds, staff was more than willing to help you. Fresh continential breakfast each morning. I can't thank Ijaz the manager enough for his greatfulness. I lost the safety deposit key and he worked overtime to ensure I got my personals out of the box before a flight that was leaving in 4 hours. He even offered to give me money to get home on if he couldn't get it open in time. He made many calls and jumped through many hoops to get that box open. He was a life saver! If I ever go back to Holloywood which I plan to do, I will certainly stay there again. 5 Stars from me. Thanks Hollywood Celebrity Hotel.

Great hotel-Great price

Amazing and safe location, very clean and spacious rooms, helpful and friendly staff, free continental breakfast, free internet...great hotel for the price!! This is a good choice if you want to be close to the sights of Hollywood. I would absolutely stay here again.

Perfect Location!

by TripAdvisor Member blu4u

You can actually walk from hotel through the back of the Kodak Theatre, and there you are on Hollywood Blvd! All of the staff are very helpful and friendly. When we checked in, they sent us to the wrong room, but as soon as I pointed out that I had booked a 2 king suite, they apologized, and sent us to the correct room. The room was okay, but had some minor problems and could use some updating (it seemed like they were remodeling other rooms, maybe they will get this one done soon). The carpet was old, the towel rack fell when we removed a towel, very thin walls we could only sleep if we kept fan on all night to block out the noise (which is what we had to do at other hotels also). On the upside; the room had 2 tv's, 2 king beds the newly done kitchenette area was nice, it had a new stove (we didn't get the chance to use it), mini fridge, mic, and all of the utensils you might need. They could use an elevator, when you are packing 2 big suitcases each, going up the 2 staircases is not easy. Overall, this hotel is a good value, the free parking is definately a plus in this area!

Price, Location, Hospitality . . .

by TripAdvisor Member DJA49

I was searching for hotels on line as my daughter was visiting me in San Diego from Houston Texas and wanted to see Hollywood CA. I read all of the positive reviews on this web site and was so curious I booked. I promptly received a e-mail conformation for a individual named, Alben. I had a question regarding additional nights and again a instant e-mail response from Alben. I found a real gem! The hotel was exactly as described by other travelers. We arrived at the standard check in time of 3:00 pm as stated only to be greeted by whom other then, Alben. If you have an opportunity to stay here and the pleasure to meet Alben, I highly recommend this experience. Alben is a real professional! Our room (2 queens) was not ready upon arrival. No worries, Alben said he would check to see how long it would be? Alben promptly returned and said it would be an additional 15 minutes or if we would like to see another room (deluxe suite) that was ready at no additional charge. We decided to look at the other room and agreed to except his hospitality. I have included photos of our room (Apartment) and decided when I return to Hollywood not only will I stay at this fantastic hotel, but I will book the deluxe suite! Sign here and we were in our room in a matter of minutes. We freshened up after our drive and was ready to see the sights! We stopped by the front desk and asked Alben direction to the shortest route (Walking) to Hollywood blvd. We were located directly behind the Kodak Theater and literally ½ block from our destination. We thanked him and proceeded to follow his direction as we arrived at a "T" at the end of the street? My daughter said "we go this way dad" and I said "no, it is this way"! In our pounder, Whom other then ALBAN pulls up in his car (on his way home) stops and said "Mr.Aston, do you see that sign over there"? I replied; Yes! He said; You go that way and enjoy you day in HOLLYWOOD!

Can't recommend it highly enough!

I am a single female traveller from the UK, and I was looking for somewhere safe and well located to stay while I was in LA. After reading the reviews for this hotel on this site, I booked up for my trip. It was such a great experience. When I called to book the hotel, the manager was extremely pleasant and helpful, and he even remembered my phone call when I arrived to check in. He put me in a room near the lobby (as requested for safety) and was constantly checking on me during my stay. Any questions I had about tours, sights, etc, were answered quickly and directly, and the manager even called up TV studios for me when I suggested I might want to do a tour or two. The hotel room was very large and clean, and even had a fridge and microwave. The location, as most people have said, is second to none. I freely walked around on my own late at night and never felt unsafe at all. All in all, this hotel made for a stress free trip to LA, and I would saty here again without question.

Boutiqueness! - much better than

by TripAdvisor Member Reignat

a lot of more expensive hotels. This hotel had an atmosphere which included nice decor, ambience, personalized service, helpful attitude of management and staff, -- all the ingredients that create a delightful hotel experience. The location is EXCELLENT if you're interested in exploring hollywood. Literally a block away from Grauman's Chinese Theatre, the most famous motion picture theatre in the world, Kodak Theatre, home of the Academy Awards, and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, a tribute to over 2000 artists who have made significant contributions to film, radio, and television. Additional plus (+es) were the free internet access in the rooms via personal laptop, continental breakfast from 8a-10a every morning, and price! The minus(-es) were a non-smoking room reservation having a slight smoke smell but quickly alleviated by opening the windows, and noisy neighbors - some construction going on nearby - remedied by wearing earplugs at night but relocating to another room would have been an alternate solution.

vintage feel, great service

by TripAdvisor Member Restless_in_Seattle

I stayed in this hotel for one Saturday night. The front desk staff willingly accommodated my request for a different room, and upgraded me for free. I found myself in a one-bedroom apartment with vintage fixtures, very fun. The place is immaculate. If you're looking for the sameness of the big hotel lines, this isn't for you. This hotel reminded me a vintage dress with great fabric and lines but the buttons need to be replaced. I felt very secure and noise was no issue. Great location, only couple minutes walk to everything.

Comments