Hollywood Guest Inn

Tags

Family Travel Budget Travel School Holidays
See Amenities

Worst hotel experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 20, 2012

When we got there, we noticed that the person in the front desk was charging more than we had initially thought. It turned out that the front desk was charging us an extra $40! He kept saying that it was a mistake and said it wasn't his fault. But i very much believe he charged us extra purposely. During the process of trying to fix the problem the manager/front desk guy was completely rude to us. He was very disrespectful and unfriendly. When I would ask him a question he would get aggressive and raise his voice. And it was not just us that he treated disrespectfully. There were a couple of customers that entered the front desk and were treated the same way. During the two nights that we were there, there was absolutely no parking so we we were forced to find parking outside the hotel and park there. As far as the continental breakfast, all the hotel had was DONUTS and COFFEE! Unbelievable! Overall the experience is one of the worst I've been in. Terrible service, terrible parking, and terrible breakfast. I did not felt welcomed and I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Hollywood's Grimiest Inn.

by written on March 11, 2009

I recently i stayed at HGI ( off of hollywood Blvd.). And i must say it was by far the worst experience i have ever encountered. Let me start off by saying they didn't accept the coupon they offered in there local hollywood hotel coupon saver. Which i found out; most of these cheap hotels in that book don't even offer their coupons. My issue with this place is its completely filthy and staff is very unfriendly and angry... Do not expect to take children to this place.. They do not wash or disinfect in between guest stays. The place was completely sticky, the door handles had sticky residue. The bathroom had pubic hairs all over the floors. Bed spread smells like old dead people. And when i went to complain to get my money back or get another room, the guy called me a liar and didn't do anything about the problem. The "owner/manager" raised his fist at me as if he was about to strike me!!! this is a first for me... Once again do not bring children or yourself!! Its not even worth it!!! Totally overpriced and in not a very good location. We had to stay over the night, because we were running out of money, to even go to another hotel. There are drunk homeless people yelling in street at night. WOrkers hanging out on rooftops all night when your trying to sleep... NO elevators if your elder or have much luggage.. Improper cleaning techniques from cleaning staff.... using bleach on steps very early in the AM, you could literally smell it from your room. As I walked out the check out early in the AM, there were puddles of bleach water.. with no wet floor signs... Not only is that dangerous on so many levels but it ruined my black pants!!! Did i mention the guy attacked me and threatened to hit me just for asking him to clean the room. ???

STAY AWAY FROM HOLLYWOOD GUEST IN!!!!!!!!

Directions: http://www.budgethotelhollywood.com/

Nearby Hollywood Guest Inn

Hollywood Guest Inn

• Hollywood Guest Hotel Los Angeles

Address: 6700 Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, 90028, United States

Amenities at Hollywood Guest Inn

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free Parking

Hollywood Travel Forum

Need advice about Hollywood, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Hollywood and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hollywood hotel reviews

Hollywood La Brea Gateway
Pantages Theater 1930
Cross Roads of the World
Off The Beaten Path
Tired of paying the price?
Hard to get into