4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

1755 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, 90028, United States
Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Renaissance Hollywood Hotel

Shop, Dine, Play and Stay

by Basaic about Hollywood and Highland Center

The Hollywood and Highland Center is a five story enclosed mall with a wide variety of trendy shops and places to eat. It also has the Kodak Theater, movie theaters, bowling lanes, and night clubs. You can stay at the nearby Hollywood Renaissance Hotel if you wish. The center is open 10 AM to 10 PM Monday through Saturday and 10 AM to 7 PM on Sunday. Theaters, clubs and some restaurants have extended hours.

Christmas stay is wonderful!

My stay just a year ago just before Christmas was wonderful. The magic was truly in the air. I plan on bringing my children next year at that time as I was on a business trip the first time we stayed.

My opinion

Went with wife & 14yo daughter over X-mas for two nites on 1st trip to LA. Spent previous three nites at Beverly Hills Hotel. Definitely a step down in luxury, but is it worth the $200/nite difference. That's an individual call, but for me, no (when compared to B.H. Hotel).
Renaissance has all the amenities and the local attractions are right there. Rooms are fairly spacious and clean. View of Hollywood sign from any room is not spectacular ( too far away). Although room is relatively cheap ($135), the food and parking are not. What it comes down to is what you are willing to spend. There are no exclusives with the local attractions that would require a stay here. The views are not breathtaking and the level of service does not match a five star hotel.
I don't think you can go wrong at the Renaissance, if you need to stay in Hollywood. But you could probably do just as well at a cheaper hotel without really compromising anything. If I were to do it over, I think I would spend some money, stay at a luxury hotel in downtown LA: 4 Seasons, Peninsula, Ritz Carlton, and plan my days with focused activities. Such as Universal Studios, Hollywood, Rodeo Dr, Santa Monica Pier, etc. Hope this helps.

Loved it and saw celebrities!!

by TripAdvisor Member taylor1851

We recently stayed in the Renaissance 1/6-1/8 the weekend of the 2004 Grammies. Had a spectacular time--very spacious, clean rooms. We had excellent room service. We had one problem with a front desk person who was VERY rude but other than that it was great. We saw Outkast, B2K and Hillary Duff--vert exciting. Restaurant in hotel was pricey and did not have a huge selection. Also, great location!!

What a hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member GinaShelden

Stayed at RHH for the Grammy weekend, what an excellent place! I would reccomend to all that want to experience Hollywood the right way.
Walking distance to all great shops & entertainment. Very pleased & will stay there each trip to the city.

Very enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member Monica-in-Mobile

I really enjoyed my stay. It was very clean. The staff was very pleasant. My only complaint was the restaurant. The restaurant staff looked my husband and I up and down like we did not belong. We didn't!
The food was disgusting! The hotel is in a great location for tourists!

We loved this place

by TripAdvisor Member Chrispmoto

We loved this place. Lots to do, cool rooms and views, we had great breakfasts at Vert, and everyone was real nice. I would stay here again for sure. And so should you. We did the two night/Universal Studios package. Great deal.

Comments