4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

21100 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, California, 92648-5307, United States

Hilton  Waterfront Beach Resort
Booking.com Expedia.com Hilton.com

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Asphltcwby's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in HB.

Great service, view of beach and pool,comfortable bed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to HB.

Directions: Across from the beach on PCH.

• kenstan's Profile Photo

Hilton or Hyatt?

The Hilton and Hyatt are next to each other on PCH both have crossings to the beach if I was going to stay in a hotel in Huntington Beach I would chose the Hyatt over the Hilton.The Hilton is nice but the Hyatt is newer and nicer of the two.

• rmlopez74's Profile Photo

Worth the money

So $400 is too much for a hotel huh? Yeah, I am with you... I NEVER spend that much for a hotel room, but let me tell you, this place is worth the money. My recommedation would be to stay a night here and then spend the rest of your time somewhere cheaper, but try it for at least a night. The suite we stayed in had three rooms, two bathrooms, and an incredible view. The sound of the ocean is a great thing to fall asleep to, though you are far enough away from the beach that it can be a somewhat distant sound. Oh, and while you are blowing this kind of coin on a room, go ahead a spring for room service the next morning. They have great omelettes.

Unique Quality: The view of the beach and Huntington Pier in the distance is great, day or night.

More about Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort

Huntington Beach - Nice (but....service needs some major improvement!)

by TripAdvisor Member mini

We enjoyed 4 nights at Huntington Beach Hilton Hotel with a great view of the beacn ahd the ocean (we had a side room, but it still had a great view to sit outside and enjoy.). We liked the room and the bed was comfortable. Hotel food was good, but not worth the extra Hotel price. We had lunch there one day, and it was enjoyable, but the extra "hotel cost" they always add on, meant - let's enjoy all the other great restaurants in the area instead. (and there are many if you have a car.).

The downside is that the service - well - they certainly don't care one bit about the people who stay there.

1) We had our laundry (a couple of shirts done). We are accustomed to having the laundry picked up when called - it took them 12 hours to do so which meant we had to wait for an extra day to have it returned. And they don't return it to your room! They wait and see if you call about it to let you know you have to pick up your own laundry. There are no notes anywhere that say you have to do this - which at minimum, they should have done. So, we returned about 10:00 and asked abou the laundry. They said: Sure - We'll check on it and let you know. Well, we got no return call and about 1:30 a.m. in the morning, they called to say they had found it. In short - their laundry service is the worst I have ever ever seen. And waking us up in the middle of night to say they located it - well, it did not make us happy campers.

2) Then - forget about their self parking. They absolutely don't want you to use it. We enjoyed self parking, the first 2 days - but then 3rd - they decided to close off a major parking lot and alas there were 60 open valet slots, but no self parking slots. We asked 3 people and got 3 different stories. We had to "upgrade" to valet and then they tried to charge us for 4 days of valet, although we only planned to use it 1 time due to their NOT wanting you to use self parking policies. Furthermore, they were very rude about it.

3) Don't EVER EVER EVER open the door to your mini refrigerator. We enjoyed one beer while we were there and were charged $96.00 dollars for it. (The reason was we looked to see what they had....and if you just touch another beverage), the hotel charges you for it. Even if stays in the refrigerator. We called downstairs and had them reverse the charges - but again very rude, very unpleasant.

4) But we still enjoyed the location. The thing that really irked us was the rude treatment they did to a couple who was there tasting for their upcoming marriage next May. The couple asked if they could have wheat bread at their wedding - the hotel said we don't know. Furthermore, the "bride-to-be" asked if they could see where the reception would be. The person there pointed it out through the windows, but did not immediately say they'd walk the couple over to the area and show them where the reception would be, etc. I certainly hope the 2 have a wonderful wedding....but given the customer service, its something to consider if you think about having a wedding there.

In short, the Hilton is a lovely hotel at a lovely location with one of the worst customer service experiences I've seen.

Fantastic Service at the Hilton

We stayed at the Hilton Waterfront, Huntington Beach the weekend of April 20th, 2006.
I must say, it really was worth the stay. The service, from the bellman to the waiter, room service and the bar, was certainly above average. Everyone was very respectful and helpful. We are Hilton members and upon arrival, we were upgraded to an ocean view room including appetizers and evening drinks. The pool was warm and the kids enjoyed the beach directly across the street. Well worth the visit.

We had a great time!

by TripAdvisor Member spanky11

My two girlfriends and I stayed at the Hilton Waterfront hotel Feb.2-5th. We came to Huntington Beach to run the Pacific Coast 1/2 marathon. We had a wonderful time. Hotel is very nice, the staff is very friendly. We had one problem,the hot tub. When we were sitting in the hot tub we looked around and realized that all are jewellery was turning green. (Gold and Silver). Are fingernails and toenails were also truning green. When we got out we all realized that our bathing suit bottoms had really faded. There was about 8 people in the hot tub and all of us could not believe what was happening. We went back to our room and phoned the front desk. They basicaly told us there was nothing they could do until they checked the chlorine. They phoned back at 9:30pm and said that everything was normal. I was a little upset that they didn't believe us, as we had to get to bed early to run the next day I told them that I would talk to them in the morning and show them our jewellery and bathing suits. Sunday morning we were able to talk to the front desk manager and show him are bathing suits he was shocked and very sorry. He was excellent to deal with and very understanding. I would definetly go back in a minute. But I hope they can fix the chlorine problem.

INDUSTRIAL AREA-BEWARE!

by TripAdvisor Member Chaz2

Huntington Beach is a great spot if you are a surfer and you don't mind staying in an industrial area that includes a huge manufacturing plant as your view if you aren't facing the ocean. This is no quaint beachside village. The hotel itself was fine; the rooms and workout facility are small but the staff was eager to please and the facility itself is pretty. It would be great if you were there to watch a surfing competition but I can't imagine going there for any other reason. We stayed one night then moved our vacation south to Dana Point.

Hilton Overated

by TripAdvisor Member dukerjan2

Stayed at the Hilton with my wife and two kids,9 and 10 yrs old, March 19th-24th for spring break . Upon arrival at check in we were greeted by a not so friendly front desk person at 11pm. Checked into our room which looked the same as a room from a Holiday Inn or Howard Johnsons. The rooms are small, carpet worn, and our tub had a draining issue. The restaurant is super expensive and room services prices are a joke. Parking is $12-14.00 per day and the pool bottom is chipped and worn away.. The hot tub fits 3-4 people max. I know this because while the four of us were in the hot tub, we had a line of people waiting to get in....They say they have basketball but I didnt see a hoop anyplace. For 250.00 per night this hotel is very very overated . Next time we will stay at the Hyatt across the street.

Great Hotel, Beautiful location

by TripAdvisor Member Countcost

Stayed three days in June. The hotel is beautiful and accomodations are excellent. Service is wonderful and very helpful. Beach is across the highway but it is not a problem. About a mile north of the hotel is a very nice shopping area and pier. Recommend you walk the Huntington Beach pier and have some ice cream at the Rudy's Diner at the end.

We did drive to Disneyland from hotel and found it somewhat difficult with the L.A. traffic. It is only about 15 miles away but give yourself an hour at a minimum if you are traveling during the rush hour which is about from 7am to 10am and 3pm to 7pm.

Comments