21500 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, California, 92648, United States

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 82% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• kenstan's Profile Photo

Best Hotel In Huntington

Of the two high end hotels I would say this is the nicer of the two The hilton is nice but nothing like the Hyatt.

More about Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa

Love the Hyatt Huntington Beach

My wife and I just returned from our 15 year anniversary weekend at the HYATT and had the best time ever. The hotel is meticulous and the staff is courteous and polite. Our room was absoloutly gorgeous. We stayed on the club level and were extremely happy with the concierge. We had dinner at the Californian and the food was wonderful. We usually always try to stay at a Hyatt when we go away and we have never been dissapointed! Definitly use the spa services while you are there. The spa is extremely clean and relaxing.

Hyatt Huntington Beach

by TripAdvisor Member LauraM58

I heard incredible things about this hotel before coming and was expecting it to be great. I knew that I had wanted an ocean view room and was willing to spend the $$ for it, so I debated quite a bit between this Hyatt and the Hilton next door. I am a Hyatt gold member so we decided to continue our vacation with Hyatt (we had stayed at the Hyatt in Palm Springs during the early part of the week). When we arrived, we found that rather than the (Partial) Ocean view room that my confirmation indicated, we had a room on the first floor in the corner of the spa courtyard. While they raved about it being secluded, we could not even open our drapes because we faced a very busy walkway area. My new husband and I were looking forward to having dinner on the balcony, as described on the website, and now could not do that. I even had in my hands a printed confirmation with "Rate Description" of "Ocean View" from my online reservation, but they told me that they were full, and the ocean view is on request, not guaranteed. I found this strange since we checked in an hour prior to check in time. I would have happily come earlier if that was what was required. We requested a room change, and while the staff was very apologetic, they were full and could not accomodate us until the next day. When we did arrange to change rooms, it took over an hour for someone to bring us the new key, which we were told would "be right down".

Don't get me wrong, this really was a great resort. Once we got into an ocean view room, which also had a great view of the pool courtyard, it was beautiful. The staff was incredibly nice as well. Their intentions were always good, but execution was not quite there. Parking cost is a bit steep at $20 a day, and the Californian restaurant did not meet up to its reputation (I think that our server was VERY new). If you are going for the pool, however, please note that it is VERY crowded with many kids. Get there early if you want a chair. The jacuzzis were in a separate area that was much more quiet and relaxing.

I would recommend this hotel, but advise you not to book on the Hyatt web site. If you do want a room with a view (it is very worth it) call to make sure that is what you are getting.

Luxury at it's best

We just spent a lovely evening at the hotel. My husband's birthday was Saturday and we spent the night. The manager sent a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to the room. It was a very unexpected surprise. We have stayed at this resort a number of times and each time it gets better.

THE CLEANEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER SEEN!

by TripAdvisor Member travelagent31

I am a travel agent and have been to alot of nice resorts. This hotel by far was the best I have seen! I am very judgemental on hotels and expect alot. Cleanliness plays a big part and I have to say they had people outside cleaning the sides of the fountains and sidewalks at 9pm. There was always someone cleaning something. It gives you a great feeling, not a whats under this bed feeling. There was not 1 stain on the rugs, bedspread, shower curtain, or drapes. It was imaculate! The flowers are everywhere and they smell wonderful when you walk to your room. The ocean view is beautiful. The beach is very clean. The walk to the pier is a good 15 minutes.The nights are cold! The hot tubs are great. Drinks are a little pricy at the pool. Parking is 20.00 per day. We parked in the private lot over the bridge for 10.00 and had a problem. It may be worth the extra money. The resturants had heaters outside at night. We ate downtown by the pier alot, the resturants at the hotel are pricy. I highly recommend it to people willing to spend the money and that like the best! Its the best on Huntington Beach! Try surfing lessons!

Wish we had booked longer stay!

by TripAdvisor Member samsdadOrlando_FL

Clearly one of the nicest hotels we have ever had the opportunity to stay in. Attention to detail is incredible, the walkways were steam cleaned daily in the early morning. We arrived on a somewhat slow weekday and received a complimentary upgrade to an end unit full oceanfront room(Gold Hyatt Member). However the grounds are so lush that most all rooms appear to have nice views and all have balconies. We ate twice at the hotel both at the casual dining surf-oriented restaurant. Food was good though pricey. We had billing issues with restaurant charges but management handled to our satisfaction. Pool has large outdoor gas fire pit great for relaxing or toasting marshmellos in the evening. Staff was very accomodating. All hotel amenities Spa, Fitness Center, Tennis Courts, etc. are state of the art (hotel opened Jan. 2003). Be sure to walk to the pier(just under 1 mile) and up Main Street for shops and restaurants. The Sugar Shack is a very popular breakfast destination. The hotel's location makes it very accessible to Anaheim, Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach among other popular So. LA destinations. We would very highly recommend this hotel and would plan on staying longer on our next visit.

Worst part was going home!

My wife and I went here for our 10 year anniversary on the end of my business trip in Long Beach. We booked our 4 night stay through American Airlines vacations. The hotel was state of the art in design and impeccably clean.

We were given an outstanding full ocean view room with balcony on the second floor without requesting it. The bed was huge and comfortable with its plush feather comforter, feather mattress cover and fine linens. Shiny marble covered the bathroom floors and our walk in shower that could fit a family. The large walk in closet, which was lighted by a motion sensor easily fit our clothes and goods from shopping. We found it hard to find an excuse to leave between the fresh squeezed orange juice at the Californian, seemingly hidden and private hot tubs in the 3rd grotto, the large fire pit in the 2nd grotto, casual fireplace lit family rooms in the hallways, a clean professionally run spa, Spanish style fountains throughout and a friendly, eager to serve staff.

The only thing that annoyed me was the $20 daily valet fee, which was your only option as I didn't see any general parking. If you need to get away from it all in a luxurious atmosphere and don't mind spending the coin then I highly recommend staying here.

WONDERFUL!

We just returned from a wonderful 4-day, 3-night stay and it couldn't have been better. Our ocean view room was beautiful -- very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was especially roomy and well-lit. Although the beach was across the busy Pacific Coast Highway, the hotel has a private walkway over the highway that gives you easy access to the beach. The staff was the friendliest we have ever encountered in travelling. The resort is very family oriented as is the community of Huntington Beach. The pier is about a 15-20 minute walk along the beach from the hotel. Don't miss breakfast or lunch at Ruby's Diner at the end of the pier. We also enjoyed Duke's for a casual dinner. Disneyland is an easy 15 minute drive from the hotel. This is a great vacation spot. We look forward to returning.

Finally a real Beach Resort in CALI

We have watched the Hyatt grow from scratch. We had tours of the premises with our hard hats on as they were developing it. We had our wedding there in May 2002 and stayed for 2 nights. We didnt recieve the Champaigne as was promised on our wedding day. We did make a formal complaint and they gave us another 2 nights stay for free. The place is very luxurious Great place for picture taking. We have always stayed on the top floor and always had views of the pool and the beach which are pricless. The rooms are very clean and classy. I love the showerhead in the bathroom. The Balcony is spacious and I believe you can't get any better in HB. Be advised there is no self parking and you have to pay the $20 a night to park your car. Although we are locals we still plan on returning to stay at the Hyatt in the future.

The Best

We picked this hotel over the Hilton due to users reviews and were not disappointed! It was a 5 star in every way. The front desk was very accomodating. We asked for a quiet room and were shown several options on a map. The room was perfect and very quiet. It is a little walk to the pier area, but a nice stroll on the beach. If they would put some kind of bumpers on the doors so that they would close quieter, it would have been perfect. The food was great too!

Comments