Starlight Inn

Rodeway Inn
Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• chinaandcalifornia's Profile Photo

Customer Service from Hell!

I am in my room here ecstatic to be warning fellow travellers to avoid these liars and thieves. I use the internet constantly in my business and went to several hotels prior to choosing describing I MUST have good quality internet at all times. I was told by Nima it never had any problems so I decided to rent 1 week here. from the very first day it was horrible...they of course proclaimed shock and ignorance and promised to get it fixed for me asap. 1 week later it has improved but still sucks! I told Nima's husband I used to be in the internet business and would help him find a better solution in exchange for some free nights.....he said he needed talk to his manager but welcomed my help and would do his best. It was just lies to keep me here all week as they did not want to have to pay my days i had pre-paid if I left. I had to sign up for a 1 YEAR $300 data plan to hook my laptop up to my cell phone to ensure I did not lose anymore business,,,,,,,again was promised 1 extra night for my trouble and expense....amnother lie.

I am on the 3rd floor....I have to borrow the pest spray almost daily to kill the armies of ants that attack even the smallest crumb in the room! They won't even clean up the ant trails i am forced to kill!

1ST 3 NIGHTS I had the pleasure of having 2 UK drugs dealers dealing from there room next door drom 11pm to 4am every night....again the people in charge here claim ignorance. Fun listening to a metal door opening and closing hundreds of times every night!

I have been in 1 star hotels in rural China that had better customer service and cleaner rooms!

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Unique Quality: no pool
    no customer service
    no laundry
    no cleanliness

More about Huntington Beach

JumpingNorman, Huntington Beach, California 2010JumpingNorman, Huntington Beach, California 2010

view from restaurantview from restaurant

What Is This?What Is This?

The PierThe Pier

Hostel?

Hey,
I've tried google-ing 'Huntington Hostel' and i've found a place called
Colonial Inn Youth Hostel Hotel
However, looking through the various hostel sites, i can't find it.
It's site does not load either.
Is this hostel still open?

If not, can anyone recommend a 'cheap' place to stay in the area for two nights.
I'll be hitting the area in early September.

Thanks in advance.

Yoz
:]

by lostsooner55

Try www.hostelworld.com. It is a world wide site so you won't have to jump from city to city on seperate searches. Gary

by usatravels

Hello

Colonial Inn Youth Hostel Hotel is closed!

The are virtually no hostel in Huntington Beach (Surf City), Most of the big Hostel Sites eg HostelWorld will return a search for Motel or 2 Star type accommodation estimated at £35-40 per night

You should set your budget per room at £40 per night

The following Motel chain types will meet £40 per night

Comfort Inn • Homestead Studio Suites • Best Western
• Ramada Inn • La Quinta Inn • Holiday Inn

Checkout Priceline.com (Name Your Price)

at around $35 - 45 per night

Local tax at 11%

Best wishes

Hey,
Thanks for clearing this one up!

Looks like i'll be forced into staying at a Motel!

Thanks again.

Dave :]

by lostsooner55

You might wish to checkout the following site: www.koa.com. The site is for rv parks/campgrounds across the US and Canada. Some of the campgrounds have tent sites, and others have tent cabins. You would just need a sleeping bag/linen, a light source, and maybe a small cooking appliance of some type. A lot of the campgrounds have showers, laundries, and even small grocery stores. At least you could somewhat choose what to eat, and avoid motels for a bit of your trip. If you had the gear, the state parks would be just fine as well. Neither will be in the middle of town, but most of the time thats a lot better. Gary

by lostsooner55

If you haven't booked your flight in Los Angeles, would you consider flying into San Francisco instead ? They have quite a few hostels in that area. There is the Point Reyes hostel,which sits near the ocean, in the Point Reyes National Seashore. In San Francisco, there is the Fort Mason Hostel, which sits near the bay, with easy access to the Golden Gate, Pier 39, and the Wharf. There are several other hostels located throughout San Francisco. The Pigeon Point and Point Montara Lighthouses have also been converted to small hostels, and are directly on the ocean. For a listing of the hostels in that area try: www.norcalhostels.org. Gary

by kenstan

There is a hostel in HB but I'm not sure of the name when I go down next week I will check if its still there and e-mail the phone # if it is.They are doing a lot of building around Main St so a lot of the old buildings are being re done.San Francisco is cold at the beach and they don't have camping grounds in HB.If your going after Labor Day the motel rates go way down.

That'd be awesome.

I'm pretty keen on spending a few nights in either Huntington or Laguna, but no hostels means i'll have less time there because i'm working on a pretty small budget.

Does anyone know of any local haunts which are worth checking out? (Pubs, Bars)

Again, thanks

Dave :]

Travel Tips for Huntington Beach

Main Street is great for...

by Avryle

Main Street is great for shopping. There are some cute stores and a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! There've been a few memorable nights...I'd have to rank my 23rd birthday barhopping bash as the best.

Got the hang of it now!

by bugalugs

As Huntington Beach is famous for surfing, there is a Surfing Museum situated on Olive Street.
It is a haven for surfing enthusiasts, telling the history of surfing, and you can listen to the Beach Boy's surfing songs.

Starbucks

by Scandic

I am kind of caffeine addict and especially when I am in US: The coffee there is good. LOL. From HB I didn't find very many coffee shops so I got my satisfaction daily from Starbucks. Which was totally ok for me. The staff there was fun, very nice types, absolutely fantastic ones. Too bad that I didn't asked that one cute guy out...just kiddin' !

But a tip for you. Starbuck is there and a lot better than some other coffee shops along the Main Street.

Address: 221 Main Street

Surfers Paradise....

by DaveRowley

I couldn't surf if I tried however it looked fantasic and is part of the World Championships itinerary General surfing gear, ie: wetsuit, board, etc
Try the Java Surf Shack opposite the beach on the Pacific Coast Highway for gear rental...at what didn't seem too expensive prices
(for location see "croissants.." in my other tips)

Pacific Shoreline Marathon

by Scandic

For me running at HB was torture. I am so used to cooler climate that the humidity and hot weather were killing me. My heart rate went up to the sky all the time, even early in the morning. So I cannot imagine myself running this marathon, but as a viewer it might be fun.

Orange County's only Beachfront Marathon, including a half Marathon, 5k and surfkids mile run. A two day expo will include heatlh and fitness vendors, exhibitors, community groups, and event charities. There will be a tailgate party on Sunday which includes a beer garden and live entertainment.

Comments