Lodge at Pine Cove

24900 Marion Ridge Drive, Idyllwild, California, 92549, United States

More about Idyllwild

lost in the rockslost in the rocks

The start of something great !!The start of something great !!

Travel Tips for Idyllwild

I lived up here

by flynboxes

I spent 9 months up here and not by choice when I was a kid. I pissed off my folks and they sent me to boarding school up here. Did not like it at the time but now that I look back at it I will say the school sucked but I did like the place since it was the first time I got to experience a true winter with snow. It's in the San Bernadino Mountains (sp) and close to both LA and San Diego....backs up to Palm Desert/Springs. There are a few small towns up there but this is the largest and the town center has now been built over many times to attract tourists from the city.

If you are headed up here from LA/SD you either head up from the town of Banning or Hemet. This picture was taken on the way back down to Banning but If you want to take a senic drive to the Palm Springs area head up here from Hemet and while it will add a couple of hours to your drive it is well worth if you have the time.

It was starting to snow a bit when we took this picture. There are a couple of small ponds up here to stop at. Can't say there is much fishing but I think people may still try.

Comments