785 Seacoast Drive, Imperial Beach, California, 91932, United States

Satisfaction Poor

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Just Across the Street from the Beach

This is a nice looking motel on the east side of Seacoast Drive, which means that it is across the street from the beach. I haven't stayed here and I haven't gone into the office to check things out yet, but will soon and report back after I do.

Today I interviewed the motel. The man in the office was nice and helpful. The office was clean, nicely decorated and I saw a sign that read, "CAFE." I looked in, but there wasn't much but a sink and a microwave, so I asked him what do you serve in the Cafe? "Only Me." He said. I saw a signed photo of Bon Jovi on a shelf and asked about it. Bon Jovi stayed at the Sand Castle Inn too!

We went to look at two of the rooms. A standard and a kitchenette with one bed. They also have a kitchenette with two beds, a Kitchenette with one bed and a view (second story room.) Then there is an apartment suite with view and the penthouse. That one is the most expensive but I didn't see any of the last five type rooms.

Everything looked clean and smelled clean. This is an older type motel and they've done a nice job of keeping it in good order. I asked if they had just rennovated it and he said no, but have re-done a few things. I noticed that there were tables & chairs outside of each room. On some of the tables were ashtrays. Yes, the rooms are non-smoking.

Unique Quality: They are probably one of the less expensive places to stay so close to the ocean, but I'm not sure what the price of a night's stay would be as they don't list prices on their website.

It is a "bare-bones" motel with the basics in amenities, nothing special. I've been near and around this motel enough to tell you that it is always neat and clean on the outside and doesn't seem to attract rowdy people.

The man in the office gave me a price list for both winter and summer. The rooms are priced higher on Firday and Saturday. Winter runs October to March and Summer runs April to September. He showed me a standard room which was $99.99/$130.00 in winter and $130.00/$140.00 in summer. Then he took me to the kitichenette with one bed which was price at $120.00/$130.00 winter and $150.00/$160.00 summer. These prices may change by the time you're ready to visit, so check with them first.

He did mention that they also offer free Internet.

In general, I'd say it would be a nice place to stay. It is located in the same block as the Aroma Thai Restaurant, The Seacoast Grill, The Surf Hut and the Dunes Park, which is just off the sand. Soon a new big hotel complex will be up just in front of the Sand Castle Inn so I'm not sure how that impact the view rooms.

Comments