44 600 Indian Wells Lane Indian Wells, Ca 19210, P

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• lavendersweety's Profile Photo

Best Resort

Here's something interesting, I work for that hotel!! It's a beautiful property!! huge guestrooms, about 550 sqft., 7 swimming pools, and 5000 sqft. spa!! WOW!!! it's just amazing!!! and two 18-holes champion golf course, fantastic restaurants, what else you need?

Unique Quality: I think I just said it on the section above :P
    Oh here's something else, the 5-star guest service experiences!! You won't forget about it after you stayed with us.

Directions: Right off HWY 111, left on Indian Wells Lane.

More about Hyatt Grand Champions Hotel

Hyatt Grand Champions is Excellant

This resort was excellent. I went to this resort for my wife and my 5th year wedding anniversary. Within 30 minutes of our arrival they delivered a very decent bottle of champagne on ice to our room. The Pianissimo's Lounge had very good food, great mixed drinks and a lot of interesting sports memorabilia to look at. The resort looked even better in real life than in the pictures. Everyone was very helpful, the door guys even asked if we needed directions or a good place to eat. The only problem I had was the weekend we attended the average high was 115 degrees. I will return to this resort, but not in the month of August when it is so HOT!

Hyatt Is The Champion

I have just completed a four night stay at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort ( Aug. 26-30, 2004) with my wife, 16 year old daughter and 19 month old son. From the moment we pulled up in our car, the staff amazed us with their dedication and service. The doorman suggested that we request a small refrigerator to provide the comforts of home for our infant. This service was free and installed immediately after checking in. The bellman who brought our bags to the room offered to provide robes and extra pillows as well as to removethe snack bar tray that would automatically charge us whenever we touched an item. We took him up on all of these which were handled immediately. When there was a problem with that rooms air conditioning, the staff immediately offered to move us to another room just a few doors down the hall, so that the repair could be made on their time rather than interrupting our vacation time. The room faced the golf course - which we requested to avoid ppotential noise from the pool area. The room was over 500 square feet with two double beds and a queen sized mattress. The bathroom had both a tub and a separate shower in addition to coffeemaker . A nice sized desk also helped. The concierge staff was fantastic in providing notice of upcoming street festivals and a "float and flick" night at the main pool. They also made dinner reservations for us throughout our stay. Their recommendations ( Palomino's , Roy's, Elephant Bar and Restaurant and Sirocco's) were perfect for us. They had the menu for almost every restaurant - they even noted which were closed for August vacations ! The hotel restaurant was very good. The hotel has seven pools - in depths and size to match any traveller - even an "adult" pool for those 16 and over. The spa offered a full range of services, as did the golf course. Best of all, our cost for four nights, including taxes and resort fee was $403 total - a steal for the quality of facilities and services offered. Hyatt was the Champion ! We would definitely stay at this resort when we return to the Palm Springs area. The hotel was full during our stay, but the only area where we noticed it was in the parking lot.

Beyond Our Expectations

We searched the internet for resorts in the Palm Springs area for the last week of September. We narrowed our search down to 3 resorts. After getting a great internet special and reading all of the reviews, we decided on the Hyatt Grand Champion. We said after we get there we can check out the other resorts and see if we might stay there at another time. Well, we were so pleased that we said, Why go anywhere else. This place is fantastic! We will definitley go back. The grounds are just beautiful and we loved the adult pool. Our room was in the newer addition and looked just like the room that is shown on the web site. Our room was very quiet. The weather was just perfect. High 80's low 90's. The pictures on the web site are just as beautiful in person. We also enjoyed the work out facility. We plan to return the same time next year. Definitely no complaints here!

Relaxing, Clean, Enjoyable...

by TripAdvisor Member 1coolnana

A quick get away for the week-end, our two night stay at the Hyall Grand Champions was not cheap, but it beats paying a therapist. Yes, the temperature soared well over 100 degrees, but with the inviting pool, cool rooms and helpful staff, we didn't mind the heat. The $15 per day valet fee was reasonable to keep our car parked in underground parking. The first night, we went to Don Diego's for mexican food. It wasn't far from the hotel, and tasty. The second night we decided to have dinner in the hotel restaurant, Santa Rosa Grille. I have had better filet mignon, and the wine sauce tasted as if it was made from a packaged brown gravy mix with wine added. My creme brulee was wonderful! My husband opted for the New York Steak (medium), which he stated was dry, and not much flavor. His Berry Delight dessert was refreshingly delightful. For breakfast try The Rock Cafe in Palm Springs on Hwy 111.

Fine place to hide out in the heat

Spent four nites here. Nice, large room overlooking the golf course. "Private balcony" was a little too hot to sit out for long, even in the shaded afternoon. Balcony actually was a long multi-room balcony divided by 3-foot walls into "private" sections.

Three, large nice pools (one was adults only), several smaller ones. The small ones were especially nice at nite when my family found we had them all to ourselves. Twenty-foot, cork-screw water slide was fun for all.

Staff was excellent and friendly. Requests were handled promptly.

My one disappointment was a general lack of hotel-sponsored guest activities. There was a film one nite, but that seemed to be it (I asked). Since the resort charges a $10/nite "resort fee", I expected to get something for it, besides access to the huge spa on site (which I never even went inside). Maybe even a happy hour or kid's activities (which they did have for $$)

$70 a night

Well after using Priceline.com I was able to book this Resort for $70 a night......after that price I really didn't have a complaint other than not having a shuttle from the airport that would have been a perfect hotel.......Instead it was just top notch

Resort 4 star/Rooms 2 star

The grounds were quite nice and the service was acceptable though not personable. The restaurant was sufficient for a four star hotel yet lacked any meaningful character as expected for a large resort. The best attribute we enjoyed was the well equipped gym where guests can use the facillity free of charge. The room is large, comfortable and looked out on a small resort lake and had 3 flat screen tv's to jog the calories off to.

If there was one aspect that did not live up to our expectations it was the rooms. Upon entrance the first thing that hits you is: Though large it comes off as a nice Motel 6. White walls, flat slab doors, "big '80's" furnishings and "cottage cheese" ceilings. The bathroom is large and was done in a grey/white marble, though the toilet is not in a separate room making the room difficult for more than one use at a time. Our balcony enjoyed a great view of the golf course, but unless you like a tiny space in full view of everyone elses balcony on your floor you'll enjoy the view better from inside.

All in all a nice relaxing weekend but it appears that the $65 million dollar renovation accomplished much for the public areas but left the rooms dated and bland.

Outstanding!

by TripAdvisor Member tooncat

We recently stayed at this resort for three nights to celebrate our anninversary. The resort was outstanding and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We chose this resort because of the complimentary use of the fitness center and spa as well as the adult only pool. It turns out this time of year all of the pools were peaceful and quiet most of the day. The fitness room and spa are very nice. The pools and grounds are very well kept andthe service was great. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and were pleasantly surprised. We can definately recommend this resort to couples and families alike.

Do Not Stay Here!!

by TripAdvisor Member mandeeuk

I booked this hotel for a friend and I to get away on the 4th of July. I spent alot of time researching and chose this because it seemed well maintained and it has an adult pool. This hotel was so below par it was ridiculous. Our room was filthy and obviously had not been vacuumed. I phoned the front desk immediately upon entering the room and they said they could not give me another room so I asked them to send housekeeping while we were at the pool. Housekeeping never cleaned it and we were left sleeping in a filthy room.

The pool was also completely dirty. The water was yellow and there were lots of disgusting things floating in it, not to mention the low class, very drunk guests. I overheard an entire group of men discussing their extended stay in the LA County Jail and was totally disgusted by the lewd remarks of a group of older men who were completely hammered well before midday.

Even if the room had been cleaned, it would still have been a dated property full of horrible people. Next time I will return to the boutique hotels and head to the Viceroy.

Comments