76-661 Highway 111, Indian Wells, California, 92210, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Nice Resort

My family and I stayed 3 nights at the resort in January, 2006. It is a very nice resort. The pool was heated and clean. The rooms were a little above average for a hotel and clean.

There is a computer in the lobby that has internet access for free. I found that helpful in keeping up with my eMail. We paid about $108/night and felt it was well worth it. A breakfast comes with the room. It was a cut above the normal continental breakfast. Everything you would want except no meat. Warning - if you come with children who stay free, only the adults get breakfast tickets. Breakfast for non-ticketholders is $5.95.

The bar off the lobby was very expensive except during the manager's happy hour daily from 5-6 PM when they had half price drinks and a small buffet set out.

I was happy with everything except it was hard to get extra bath towels and bar soap out of housekeeping. We had to go to the front desk. Maybe housekeeping is trying to contain costs by limiting towels and soap!!!

I'd go back again.

Unique Quality: Heated pool big enough for laps. Exercise room is included in the resort fee. Free use of computer and internet in the lobby.

Directions: It is right on highway 111 as soon as you get to INdian Wells.

• BrendaLehr's Profile Photo

INDIAN WELLS IS IN A LITTLE...

INDIAN WELLS IS IN A LITTLE VALLEY SURROUNDED BY THESE GREAT 'SHARP', MOUNTAINS. THEY MAKE GREAT SILHOUETTES AT SUNSET.

• BrendaLehr's Profile Photo

Indian Wells Resort

Unique Quality: THE RESORT HAD A NICE POOL AND A BEAUTIFUL VIEW, WE HAD A POOL SIDE COCKTAIL PARTY WHICH WAS VERY NICE.

Directions: I WENT TO INDIAN WELLS FOR A TRAINING. WE STAYED AT THE INDIAN WELLS RESORT. WE DIDN'T REALLY LEAVE THE RESORT MUCH DURING OUR STAY. WE DID GO OUT TO DINNER AT TGIFS AND TONY RAMAS, AND WENT FOR COFFEE

More about Indian Wells Resort Hotel

A Great Stay and Value

For those of you traveling to the Palm Springs area, Indian Wells Resort is a must stay. It is located in Indian Wells, very close to downtown Palm Springs. The staff go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. When you first arrive you get a feeling of being right at home, from the bell person,valet, to the front desk, they make you feel as if they have known you for a long time. The hotel has a complimentary cocktail hour with fine cheeses and dips to get your evenings started. If you want some music in the lounge, they have that too. The rooms and suites are very clean and any thing you need is just a quick phone call away. I have stayed at many resorts throughout the country and have experienced feeling lost in the hundreds of guests that are staying at the same hotel. That will not happen here, I promise you!! I have never had to wait for any service while my stays at this resort, someone is always close by.There is nothing worse than not getting the service you expect while staying somewhere. At the Indian Wells Resort that won't happen!! I would put their staff up against the best you could find. The pool area is nice, with views of the golf course and surrounding mountains. Restaurants are close by, from a walk across the street to just a few minutes by car. The prices for your stay are more than reasonable. On your next trip to Palm Springs, do yourself a favor and stay at the Indian Wells Resort, you will be glad you did. To the staff at the Indian Wells Resort, thank you for an enjoyable stay, I will see you again in May. I look forward to the smiling faces at the front desk ( Irene and others ) to making the reservations and chatting with Marty, the reservation manager.

A wonderful New Year's experience in Indian Wells

Last weekend, we were to attend a wedding in Indian Wells, California. Because of the length of the drive involved, as well as the fact that we had no desire to be on the freeways on New Year's weekend, we decided to stay out in Indian Wells the nights of New Year's Eve and New Years day (the day of the wedding). We chose the Indian Wells Resort and Spa (hotel).

Subsequent to having made our reservations, but prior to our actual stay, we contacted hotel management to inquire about our specific room amenities as well as to inquire as to whether or not the hotel would be having any special New Year's events. Both Marty and April (of the Indian Hills Resort and Spa) so patiently and graciously answered our many questions, assured our room needs were met, and even e-mailed us the specific information relative to the New Year's Eve party that the hotel would be hosting.

From the time we arrived at the hotel to the time of our departure, each and every member of the hotel's staff was friendly, courteous, and eager to assist us in any way possible. The dinner we had in the hotel restaurant on the night of New Year's Eve was absolutely delicious and the service impecable.

I would definitely recommend the Indian Hills Resort and Spa to anyone who wants to stay in an environment where they are treated well by hotel staff, the food and drink are great, or they just want to enjoy the pool (wonderfully heated) area or jump in and enjoy the spa (or even take in a round of golf).

Not deserving of 3 stars

by TripAdvisor Member TorontoMac

I made my reservation (Dec. 28 - Jan 1) through Expedia.ca based on the description they provided as well as the hotel's web site. As a fitness instructor, one of the features important to me when travelling is a fitness facility. Expedia states that the rresort has a "fitness room with cardio machines and weights" and that "the resort also provides discount rates for World Gym on Town Center Way, less than three miles away." The resort web site states they have a "complete fitness center." When I arrived, I immediately checked the facilities and found a small meeting room with three cardio machines, two benches and a very limited selection of weights. I would say that the web site description is not only misleading but dishonest. When I expressed my dissatisfaction to the front desk personnel, they seemed familiar with the complaint, and they were unaware of any discounted rate at the World Gym. Very disappointing!

The facility is given a three star rating by Expedia. Upon entering the first room I was placed in (I think it was 246), the bedside lamp was not working. The house-cleaning staff in the hall were of no help in replacing the bulb. I decided to rest for a few minutes and noticed that there was a constant 'clunking' noise coming from outside. I got up to investigate and found that it seemed to be coming from a damper on a ventilation unit located below us next to the garbage handling facility. Not wanting to put up with this for four nights, I requested a room change and we were relocated to room 105. Here we found dirty bar glasses from the previous occupant (brandy snifter, etc.) and a safe that did not work. As well, the room did not have a "Coffee/tea maker" as stated in Expedia and there were no robes as stated on the web site ("Personal amenities include robes .....")

Finally, the leaky ceilings and buckets in the hallways did not impress.

Needless to say, we will not return to Indian Wells Resort, and we certainly do not be recommend the facility.

out of the way

I received a good rate through Hotwire, but this is not a 3.5 star property as they indicated. Hotwire did the same to me in South Beach, Florida (calling a three star property four star).

The room was perfectly OK, but smallish with only adequate furniture and a crummy TV. Lighting was inadeqaute also.

I knew in advance that Indian Wells was 12 miles from Palm Springs, but was surprised to find the drive to downtown averaged 50 minutes...a bit far for a meal.

I would recommend this motel (why they call a motel with a pool a "Resort" is beyond me) for someone wanting a cheap place to stay near the bigger golf resorts, which charge a whole lot more.

Comments