4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Miramonte Resort Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Miramonte Resort And Spa

A Charming Tuscany Villa

After staying at the Lodge in Rancho Mirage I was thoroughly disappointed with the service and the rooms. So I went over to Miramonte Resort to tour the property and was pleasantly surprised. The grounds are just lovely and it looks like you're somewhere in Italy. They have the best Spa I've ever seen with private huts for couples and a wishing well with a nice outside jacuzzi and mineral pool. The rooms are immaculate and well decorated. I was surprised to hear the sales mgr. say they were in the process of renovating. The rooms were much better and cleaner than the Lodge and every room seemed to have a lovely view of the gardens.

We had dinner outside and the meal was fabulous. I would definitely stay here and ask for the Luxury room as those rooms, and the suites, have nice patios or balconies. Also, the staff couldn't be friendlier.

Would Not Stay at Miramonte Again!

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Miramonte. What a disappointment. The only good thing about the hotel was that it was clean. My husband and I were not impressed with the service. The restaurant at the hotel was also extremely expensive. I paid $311 a night for a luxury room. They also added $16 per day for parking, which is ridiculous, as this is Indian Wells!! Their parking lot was not full! We were paying a ridiculous price for a glorified motel.

My series of bad service started when I tried to reserve a room. I had tried booking through Miramonte's website, but didn't receive confirmation that my reservations went through. I contacted the hotel, and supposedly spoke to the manager who indicated that she will call me in a couple hours (since my reservations were for the next day), to confirm whether my reservation went through. Of course, she never called (which should have been a sign), so I called back to book my reservation over the phone (since they wouldn't take that earlier when I called until they confirm whether my reservation on-line went through).

When I tried to find out information on how to get to the golf course that we had booked a tee time for, we had to wait quite a while for the concierge. The concierge never even mentioned that there is a free golf shuttle to where we were to play the next day. In addition, when I tried to ask the concierge another question regarding jogging trails that they had advertised (which is basically the streets), I had to wait again for her for quite some time. So instead, I tried asking the front desk (as they were standing around anyway) but they told me to just ask the concierge (which took another 15 minutes or so to get to me).

When I tried to call to confirm my spa service, the phone just kept ringing over 10 times without pick up. What annoyed me after that was that given the service provided at the hotel, and lack of response from the spa, they had me pre-approve the charges to my room for the spa service and had already wrote in the bill that I would agree to give a 18% gratuity. I've gone to a number of spas where gratuity is done at the end of treatment, and the amount is provided based on the level of satisfaction. I was just irritated with being charged gratuity upfront since the whole service experience was horrible at the hotel, so it was ironic that they expected more than the standard 15% tip right upfront (rather than waiting for the actual service to be performed first).

Also, in checking out, they had tagged some additional charge to my room. Since they didn't know what that was about, they had to take it off.

Given this experience, the hotel is not worth $311 a night. My husband and I will not return to this hotel again.

Top Notch

My wife and I needed a getaway weekend and the Miramonte was the perfect answer.

Only a 1.5 hour drive from our home, but a world apart once we walked through the front door. Since the 100+ summer heat was oppressive, the complimentary ice water at check-in was appreciated. Summer prices made the stay a great value. Show your AAA card and get a little discount.

Pluses:
Frigid air conditioning, beautifully landscaped grounds, brand new fitness equipment in the gym, spa looked great and offered tons of treatments (but a little pricey - see below), symphonic music eminating from rocks and other hidden outdoor speakers, generous room-service portions (enjoyed the fruit platter for breakfast), proximity to El Paseo Dr., quiet/peaceful stay, very prompt response to a tub that drained way too slow.

Minuses:
The summer is off-season in the desert for a reason (very hot) and the spa seemed a little pricey (saved $50 each on massages by hiring an outside masseuse to come to our room).

Not the Four Seasons or a mega-resort, but a very nice Tuscan inspired place to call home for the weekend.

We plan on returning....

Not just bad customer service ~

I wish I would've found this website earlier. I was there last November right before Thanksgiving. I was there a few days for my fathers funeral, shared a room with my cousin as there wasn't enough room in my parents home due to out of town family, etc. I arrived at the hotel fairly late and it was dark and I had a hard time finding my room due to the layout of the grounds and not much lighting. A bellman(?) came up to me and offered to help me find my room, asked me what room I was in, offered to help me with my rolling bag, but something told me to not give it to him. I had a general idea where my building was by this point and he started leading me in the opposite direction and next thing I knew he was holding a door open for me to a building the didn't look like part of the hotel. It just wasn't decorated the same and it didn't have room numbers. Every part of my intuition said something was wrong and I just turned around and walked away fast. By this time my cousin had arrived and she was in the lobby and we found each other and our room. Cut to the chase (and I apologize for the length) I wrote a letter and an email to the management about this although I did not complain at the time. I had my fathers funeral the next day and could not deal with it at the time. I have not heard one single thing back from the hotels management about the incident. I travel quite often for business and I have never been put in the situation before for felt so threatened for my safety.

Comments