44-400 Indian Wells Lane, Indian Wells, California, 92210, United States

Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa
Expedia.com Renaissance Hotels Orbitz.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Some problems. Too expensive for what we got.

We wanted a conveniently located, nice and quiet hotel to stay while we venture out into desert and to Salton Sea. This was not the right choice.

This place is huge. Be prepared to walk 5-7 minutes to your room, round trip to the car up to 20 minutes.
    The rooms all look the same, 80s decor, a bit boring.
    Public areas are impressive and well kept (great carpets etc).

Good/ok:
    Off main street (little traffic noise) in a nice setting (at least on 3 sides)
    Restaurant is ok
    Staff is rather nice
    Parking is ok
    The bed is really comfortable
    Bathroom ok, nice produces and all is clean. Seperate toilet.

They have spa, gym, and the pool area looks good/large

Problems!
    In the pool area, annoying keyboard music is blazing all the time

ROOM #1 (no 3008)
    Is that a "luxury" room, with a view exactly to a staircase (photo)?
    At 1:30 and again at 3, people waiting for their cars or just hanging out started shouting and/or singing songs, this went on for 10 minutes and no personnell disturbed them (finally a guest yelled shut the f. up).

ROOM #2 (no 6093)
    That room smells of kitchen. The Airco is connected to the kitchen ventilation system. Personnell knew the problem, so why did we get moved to that room? The bathroom stank of garlic.
    You won't use the small balcony because it faces the main ventilation - very noisy.
    Room overlooks the golf course? What golf course? The construction site? Oh well.

CHECKOUT
    Have a good look at the bill.
    Our complementary breakfast was billed.
    Anything we MOVED in the fridge was charged. Move a beer bottle to the side and it ends up on your room bill.

Wouldn't stay there again, there was a place I liked better in Desert Springs.

Unique Quality: The hotel is impressive, the public areas are nice.

Directions: Off the main road

More about Renaissance Esmeralda Resort

Great family retreat

We just got back from 5 nights at the Renaissance Esmeralda and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. We had no problems at all. We booked through Marriott and for $20 dollars more a day we got the breakfast package. A real deal since our breakfast bill was about $50 a day for 2 adults and 2 children. So if you are a breakfast eater, get it. Yes, there were lots of kids and that was great for us! Our kids played with lots of kids at the pool. At night, there was even a outside showing of a children's movie. They also had activities for the kids on the grounds in the morning. We brought our bikes, and they kept them for us in a locked storage room. I would recommend this resort for anyone who has children. It was a fun warm week.

Really Nice Weekend

My girlfriend and I stayed for 4 days & 3 nights at the Renaissance Esmeralda. The hotel completely lived up to our expectations. Even though our room was not ready when we arrived to check in at about 2PM (hotel at capacity the night before) we were offered a key to the access the fitness center so that we could change into our swimsuits and hang by the pool while we waited. They even asked for a cell number and called us when our room was ready.

The room was nice with a decent bathroom. We had a pool view room with a nice view of the pool and surrounding mountains. Every employee that we came across was friendly and if asked, very helpful.

We had the breakfast buffet one morning, which was very enjoyable.

The pool area is very kid-friendly, but that did not bother us, as the area is very large and you can get some chairs away from the "sand beach" that is set aside for the younger guests.

Overall a nice experience and we would definitely stay there again.

Fabulous resort

My family stayed here for one night on August 7. This was our first time here, but we are definitely planning another trip soon. The staff was very friendly and especially sweet to my two little boys. As soon as we got out of our car, the doorman greeted me and then proceeded to greet my children. This happened again at check in. The young lady at the reservations desk gave me a friendly welcome and then offered my children some rub on tattoos. This was the first hotel ever that made my children feel so welcome. The hotel is elegant and the grounds are beautiful. The room is a good size and we especially loved the large bathroom. We had a great view of the golf course and a balcony in our room. But our favorite thing was the pool. One of the swimming pools has a shallow end that is only 1 1/2 feet deep and has a sandy beach right next to it. My boys didn't want to leave the pool. On top of all this, the breakfast buffet is delicious. It is $16.95 for adults and includes an omelette station, waffle station, juice station, fresh fruit and so much more. This hotel definitely lives up to its 4 diamond AAA rating. It is our family's new favorite hotel.

Nice Grounds, Terrible Views From Bedroom Windows

by TripAdvisor Member milhouse

While the grounds of this hotel are what you would expect from a 4 star resort (they are nice, but nothing extraordinary for a desert resort), the views from the bedroom windows are atrocious. Why? Because they got columns of cement blocks in front of half of them - making it feel like you're in a prison when you look out of them. We had a corner suite that was relatively nice, but once you opened the curtains lo and behold you were in San Quentin. Perhaps they have changed this aspect of their hotel now (my wife and I went about two years ago). We also experienced major a/c issues (wouldn't get lower than 85 in our room) when we visited but I suspect that was an anomoly confined solely to our room so I won't hold that against them.

For my money I would gladly move next door to the Hyatt Grand Champions (the rooms are much more refined and have much better views). Better yet, I would rather go to Scottsdale where you can not only find great desert golf but great resorts (Four Seasons and The Phoenician) along with great restaurants. I've stayed in the Palm Springs area approximately 5-6 times (2-3 days each time) and the only decent restaurants to be found in the area are all chain outlets (Morton's, Ruths Chris, Roy's, Flemings etc.) and you can go to those in just about any city.

Very refreshing, but couples beware...

If you're looking for a slice of a luxury on a tight budget, this is the place. However, if you are looking for a romantic getaway, be forewarned that even in the off season in the middle of the week, the place is overrun with screaming young children. The hotel would be more welcoming to couples if they designated one of their pools and hot tubs for adults only, and maybe even designated certain floors as adults only. Overall, though, we were very happy with the experience. We received a special AAA rate which gave us half off our second nights' stay, as well as free breakfast for two at the hotel's wonderful buffet (a $17 per person per day value). The rooms were beautifully decorated, and ours had a gorgeous view of the golf course, lagoon, and surrounding mountains. We took advantage of the early bird special at one of the restaurants, which was a wonderful bargain. I even found a bikini for half off at the otherwise overpriced gift shop. The staff was very friendly and attentive, but housekeeping left a little something to be desired. We had to ask for more of the wonderfully scented Bath & Body Works toiletries and for more toilet paper, and we noticed that some things got overlooked in the cleaning. One more note: there was a strange, frequent low level noise that must've been the pipes from adjacent rooms. Not overbearing, but annoying. The guest gym is worth a visit. They provide everything - water, headphones, showers, sauna, steam room, and some great equipment like ellipticals with TV sets. The pool is beautiful and refreshing, with a cold plunge waterfall, but it is too cold at night (the only time it's not crowded), and too shallow to do any real swimming. But, it does give you that tropical oasis feeling. We came back from our stay relaxed and refreshed, but would probably stay at a more romantic resort next time.

Great for couples with different interests!

My boyfriend and I came to this resort with another couple. While there's not much to do in the surrounding areas, the resort kept us completely entertained. The boys went golfing, and the girls went to the luxurious spa.
The spa is impeccable, with a terrific outdoor whirlpool, chic lounges and fabulous facilities/amenities. I don't really remember the massage, since I was so taken by the spa itself, but I'm sure it was great too. PS...I am a regular spa-goer (even been to the famous EA Red Door in Manhattan), so I have lots to compare.
The boys said the golf course was terrific. We had a corner suite, and the room was lovely. All in all, it was a great weekend getaway!

Looks nice but no one home

Our stay at this hotel was a gift. As such, reservation and billing was to be handle slightly differently. Before arriving, I called to confirm the reservation. Upon arrival, they didn't have our reservation. When they found it, they didn't have the billing information from our friends providing the gift. This was to be a romantic get away package. However, once this was sorted out, we had to contact the front office again to obtain the amenities with this package.
The pool area was adequate, but filled with kids. No romantic areas there.
The Italian restuarant was excellent and worthy of a visit.
The room was noisy as the people next door seemed to believe they were the only people on the floor.
Despite signs indicating the need to wear from clothing from the pool to the rooms, most people walked through the hotel as if it were their own home.
Breakfast was wonderful. In all, I would not recommend this hotel other than for dinning.

Great getaway

by TripAdvisor Member travelin'bunch

Getting away from NY's snow and having fun with the kids was great and this place was perfect. It is very low key in Feb b/c there are mostly business seminars, etc. The corner room was huge, with the best comfy pillows and delicious room service. Kids get free dinner too.We travel alot and like to feel spoiled. This place definately did it. The spa is wonderful, but don't go at the end of the day, because they rush you out. Make sure to visit Joshua Tree National Park to enjoy the REAL desert :)

Great place to stay with small children

by TripAdvisor Member SanDiegoMama

This hotel is terrific if you have small children (infants - toddlers). The pool is designed for small kids, it has a beach and a gentle incline into the water. One of the security guard dove into the pool with her clothes on to assist a little boy who couldn't locate his parents and was scared. The staff caters to families and the restaurant is kid-friendly. Thanks, Esmeralda! We'll back back. Our favorite place for a weekend getaway.

Comments