Los Angeles Adventurer All Suite Hotel at LAX

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 1.5 star hotels

More about Los Angeles Adventurer All Suite Hotel at LAX

It is too good to be true!!!!

We booked this suite based on information over the internet. WRONG! It looked too good to be true - AND IT WAS!!! The hotel has a very musty smell when you first walk in. I arrived at LAX at 1 a.m. and had to call for the shuttle because none showed up after 45 minutes. I was greeted by a manager who appeared intoxicated because he was staggering and speaking rather confused. I had to pass by the pool area to get to my room and it was filthy with the remains of an alcoholic gathering and the smell of old alcohol and cigarette smoke. There were empty and half drank glasses all over the pool area and no one was cleaning it up. When we got to the room, the room also smelled old and musty. The bathroom had missing tiles, the wires to the cable on the back of TV had to be played with to get the TV to work. It was very late, I had children and it was a bit intimidating in the front area so I opted to wait until morning to voice my complaints. When I was at the front desk in the a.m., I was assured I would be given a better room that afternoon. As I was leaving there was another family at the front desk demanding their money back. I don't know what happened to them. We decided to try the continental breakfast. We went to three different tables until we found one that was not filthy. The tables appeared to be clean (new silverware set ups) but the tables were filthy. We were told the continental breakfast was coffee and a blueberry muffin - NO SUBSTITUTIONS! They did not have chocolate milk for the kids and the only juice was orange. They also had no hot chocolate for the kids.

This place is so outdated that they give you actual keys for the rooms. I don't remember the last time I stayed in a room with real keys.

If you are looking for a place to stay with children - RUN, DO NOT WALK!!!

IT IS DEFINITELY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - DON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE AND READ ONLINE!!!

Horrible-Misleading Advertising

I like to save money, so when I noticed an all suite hotel that served free snacks in the evening, free breakfast in the morning, plus a host of other free things, I booked it immediately. When we first checked in, we should have left. The girl at the front counter seemed confused and couldn't find our reservation, then when we got to the room it was dirty, broken down, and we didn't even take our shoes off because we were sure the cockroaches weren't far behind. The alley our room backed up to had people arguing and fighting around 3 AM. We stayed that night, but are reminding all our friends, "if it looks too good to be true (in advertisements), it probably is" and if that was ever true, it was with this place! I'm learning to check out comments on this website before ever booking anywhere! On the flip side, if you love partying and staying up all night and don't care about the quality of a place, this is the place for you.

It was awful:(

If you have a camper/large vehicle, you might want to think twice about staying here as parking is limited and what parking there is, is not easy to get out of (when lot is full).
There were many reasons as to why we wouldn't recommend this place:
strong odour of bed linens/couch cushions (smelled liked strong moth ball odour); several dead bugs on the blanket in fold out couch; written information given to us regarding restaurant hours differred from actual hours; no mattress protectors on fold out couch and bed; and we weren't provided with enough towels for our party/pillows ( our reservation indicated how many people were in our party so we would have expected extra pillows for the fold out couch).

David & Angela

Hell on earth

This place was so disgusting! Why that place is still running is a miracle. Our hotel room was not at all what we expected there was blood and holes on the walls, it backed up next to a shady looking alley, the staff has no idea how to run the hotel, our service was terrible and so was the food. The continental breakfeast is nothing but a blueberry muffin and coffee. We were too scared to leave the hotel room. The hotel was one big litter box for the 5-6 stray cats running around. The stench was beyond disgusting! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Only thing good was the massaging chair for a buck...

What did I like? Nothing....
It is true that the pictures are not what it is. The passport book for fun they give you is nothing but a book of disappointments. I brought my daughter on our vacation. She was so grossed out and scared of this place. I had to sleep with her. The ceilings are water stained. The water fills up very slow in the tub. Watch a show or two and then check on it. NASTY!!!
Can't believe I fell for it. Oh and it sounded so good..

NO satalitte TV movies
No whirlpool
No bar by pool
No laundry available for guest.. Used by them
NO 99 cent margaritas, hot dogs, ice cream, beer, or wine
No gift shop

Relax....HA.. Hard to when gun shots are being fired in the back area.
Good advice... Dont try at all.....
Adverisements are all false..
Wish I got more photos....

Don't stay here!!!

I was disgusted with this hotel. The property description left out the drugs, prostitution, and lack of safety. Not kidding...while we were checking in, a prostitute rolled into the lobby on roller skates. Once in the 2 room “suite” we were mortified. The windows were slated glass. (Easy to take off and with no screens.) The door only had 1 regular lock and there was a gap at the bottom. There were bugs (gnats, mosquitoes and weird little ones) flying around the room. It looked like there had been a fight in the room because the air conditioner had been knocked about, was barely hanging in the wall and didn’t blow cold air, the doors looked like someone had broken in, and the lamp shade was askew. The bathroom was mildewed and gross, and there were sounds of broken glass in the courtyard area and gun shots in the parking lot.

Worst Motel I've Ever Stayed In

by TripAdvisor Member SLTravels

The on-line description seemed to show a reasonably-priced all-suite motel in close vicinity to LAX. It SEEMED like a good idea.

My rental car passed the Radisson and the Omni, then the Best Westerns and Super 8's. We finally found the Adventurer. Just getting into the parking lot is an adventure. The driveway is EXTREMELY narrow; I was scared to death that I'd be scraping my rental car trying to go around the corner. Parking is scarce; I lucked into one of the few spaces that didn't involve parallel parking.

The first room they gave us was dirty, the curtains wouldn't close (it was on the first floor, too), and the lock didn't work. Expedia charges in advance, so I was stuck. I asked for another room. This one was only marginally better. The wood is peeling, there are water stains, it smelled bad, there was sticky stuff on the nightstands, the linens weren't clean, the sofa in the "living room" sagged. There was more that disgusted me, but the two months that have passed since my stay have now dulled my memory. It was worse than what I've described!

I did not feel safe in this neighborhood or in this hotel. It might be OK for a male college student on a tight budget, but anyone else should STAY FAR FAR AWAY!

DON'T DO IT!

By the time I read the other reviews, I had already secured a room at the Adventurer and didn't have time to run another search for hotels. If you're used to staying at Motels (the type that has hourly rates) then staying at the Adventurer shouldn't bother you. We flew into Burbank & used the Supper Shuttle for transportation. When it pulled up at the hotel, my 15 y.o. son and I were shocked! It didn't look anything like the pictures online! It had a circus flair to it! The front desk staff were friendly enough, but when they reached into a drawer to give us room keys I gasped! There were 2 locks on the door and only one worked, but it did have a chain so I didn't request another room. I told my son that we would have to put a chair under the knob for extra protection! The room was clean, but straight out of the 70's. The bathroom had new-looking white towels so that was a plus! But there were ants and fly-things in there. The TV only had about 10 channels (most with poor reception). The closet only had 2 hangers in it. There was no iron & board in the room and a deposit was needed when one was requested! The room was noisy (party music traipsing in from the pool and bar area). But the beds were comfortable and I have to admit that I slept well. The hotel is located right in the "hood" and we saw several prostitutes in the area. Even the tour guides warned us to "be careful around there." It was embarrassing when the bus dropped off others at nice hotels before it reached ours. And the blueberry muffin that they offered was burnt--find someplace else to eat breakfast, lunch, & dinner! Word of advice...if you are a "backpacker" then this might seem like paradise because it's the cheapest rate around! But take my word for it, Motel 6 is a better bet!!!! But book it in the downtown or Santa Monica area, not Inglewood!

You will regret it -we did!

The area the hotel is situated in is very run down, and it feels unsafe. All advertisements i have found about the hotel are misleading, it is not on a beach the beach is the other side of the airport next to a power plant that produces smog - very nice! 1 member of staff, appeared friendly but made some offensive and inappropriate comments. The doors did not lock. The rooms smelt damp. Windows don't close properly. Loud music played by the pool - which could be heard very clearly in the rooms, as could everything! Many guests were leaving when we were, and said we had the right idea as we left hours after arriving.

THis place is a real ---- hole

This place, while inexpensive, is horrible.
False advertising. NO A/C to speak of. Indifferent attitude of staff.
DOn't GO HERE