Hyatt Regency Irvine

Hotel Irvine
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• rdo911's Profile Photo

Get a good night's sleep

Good facilities, good service. Very professional. Would stay here again.

Unique Quality: Irvine is a virtual ghost town after 6pm. Only place to eat was in the hotel restaurant which thankfully stays open late.

More about Hyatt Regency Irvine

Hyatt Irvine a perfect hideaway

Having searched through the internet for low rates over a weekend in Orange County, we came across the Hyatt in Irvine. Compared to some of the prices that we were looking at for a hotel in Anaheim (rates in excess of $149 for what looked like a motel). We were able to save $30 staying at this hotel and were very pleased with our selection.

We arrived in the early afternoon on Friday and were greeted by the doorman. (There is a charge for self-parking and since we were traveling with kids we opted to spend a little more and have the convenience of valet). He was very courteous and helped us bring in our luggage. The staff at the registration desk were equally as polite and accommodating. While our room type could not be secured through the site that we purchased our room on, the young lady at checkin was very pleasant and confirmed our request for double beds. She provided us with our keys, asked if she could be of further assitance. We were looking forward to getting to our room and unwinding from the road trip, so we declined and were on our way.

We were very pleased to have come to such a bright and airy room. The look of it alone (warm colors, fluffy white duvets) was enough to make us forget our long trip getting there. The bellman offered to bring in our luggage, pointed out the amenities in our room (the mini-bar was a welcome treat to satify our needs for a quick snack) and offered to provide us with ice before he left.

During or weekend, we felt as if we were at a tropical resort. The restaurant (not unusually priced for a hotel restaurant) was also bright, airy and had floor to ceiling windows that only enhanced our tropical resort feel of the property. The pool area was surrounded by lush palm trees and bushes. The restaurant also offered service by the pool, of which we gladly took advantage of and were very pleased with the serivce and the delicious food!

We also made a trip down to Newport Beach and wanted to take advantage of some of the "family friendly" spots. We asked the concierge for her recommendations and she was very accommodating, providing us enough information to not only make us feel comfortable about getting there and back confidently, but also painted what seemed to be an exact picture of the Newport Beach/Balboa Island area. Again, another service provided that we were very appreciative of.

Our fun, relaxing visit was very well spent at the Hyatt. It had quick access on/off the freeway and to local excursions, yet left us feeling as if we were at a remote tropical resort. From the lanscaping, the look of the hotel, its rooms and restaurant, to the pleasant and accommodating staff, the Hyatt Irvine is a great pcik for an Orange County visit.

Not a real Regency - don't pay for Club unless mad

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Irvine on 10 Feb 06 in Room 1214 on the Hyatt's King Club rate of $179US (plus another $17.90US Room Tax).

Bellman and Valet service was fairly good, check-in was good, lobby décor and design was nice but the Regency Club was a practical illusion. It shuts after Fri breakfast and doesn’t open up again until the weekend is over. I was left wondering what I had paid for! While I did get a voucher to use for breakfast in their 6ix restaurant it wasn’t handled very well and I ended up getting out of their quick instead of enjoying a leisurely breakfast like I should have. At the very least I should have been warned that the Regency Club wouldn’t be operating as I feel rather cheated about the whole thing.

The room itself was nothing special, with one of those nasty bathrooms that has shallow half sized baths and fine mist shower roses that leave you wondering if you have even got wet.

The bed was not the current Hyatt sleeper bed and was rather hard but bearable.

Oddly the mini-bar set-up had the tonic water outside the fridge and not chilled.

Room service was passable but it was annoying the room service waiter was clearly angling for a tip when I had already been charged an 18% gratuity on my order (whether it was deserved or not).

This wasn’t really a five star hotel in my opinion and I do believe it fairly crass of this hotel to charge people for Regency Club when they aren’t providing the service. I’d probably stay at this hotel again but not at these rates and certainly not at a Club rate.

Good hotel for business traveler

by TripAdvisor Member Snert41

Room was nice, but standard for Hyatt chain. Bed was comfortable, front desk was helpful, room service was prompt with excellent (but expensive) food. Pool and hot tub are nice, but difficult to access. This is a fine hotel for the business traveler, but not for recreational stay. $12 daily fee for parking at hotel is too much.

Hidden Gem of Irvine

WOW! That pretty much sums up my stay at the Hyatt. We were in town for a soccer tournament and picked the Hyatt because another family had stayed there.
We were impressed by the service as much as the product. The hotel must have been through a renovation recently, because everything felt new and was spotless.
The guest rooms were impressive. The beds, linens and furnishings all surpassed my expectations and I travel all over the country
The food was great also. You can grab a Starbucks and bagel at the Cafe or have a full meal at 6ix Park grill (wood fired grill was a nice touch).
The price was right also. We got in for around $100 which was a steal as far as Im concerned (I would have paid $200).
Next time your in Irvine for biz or pleasure be sure to check this Hotel out, we will definitly stay here again.

Best bed ever !

by TripAdvisor Member Skyscraper

We went at the Hyatt on a october weekend of 2005.
The hotel itself is really beautiful, love the lobby.

But there's something wrong : conventions !

We didn't know it but that weekend there was an Hot Wheels (yes the little cars) convention at the hotel.
Getting an elevator (if you could enter it !) was about an average 5minutes wait ! A lot of people were going room to room to see what stuff other hot wheels enthusiasts had, even using the elevator to go up or down only one floor !

We had to called the lobby the second night, because some people left theirs doors open and they were making a lot of noise, looks like hot wheels are exciting...
Fortunately, the lobby sent semeone to close their doors and give them a warning, really appreciated.

The room itself is amazing. We had a great view of the highway, the lights of the cars at night were beautiful!. The construction quality is really great, we didn't ear noise from the highway.
The room was clean, everything was ok.

And the bed...ah the bed ! I'm not kidding it was the most comfortable bed ever, I wish I had one at home...

It was really worth the 55$ rate that we got with Priceline.

TIP : Use the valet, the self parking lot is really far, a 4-5min walk !

Totally Awesome Hotel

When you stay in hotels every week you look for the comforts that mean alot. Clean comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, Clean sheets and towels. Clean furniture, great staff..........This hotel has it all. The lobby and hotel are all so beautiful and at a great rate.

Great Family Stay - Close Enough to Disney

by TripAdvisor Member Family_Vacationer

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights between Christmas and New Years with our 3 children ages 8 and under. We booked the AAA 2 dbl beds rate, which included breakfast for $109. Beds were very comfortable, room quiet & clean, furniture new. The kids enjoyed the pool which was large, nicely landscaped and had plenty of chairs and towels available.

We never waited for Breakfast and the food was well prepared and offered a nice variety for our picky eaters. Service at the car, front desk, restaurant, bar and cleaning were all consistently excellent. The Soup Plantation across the street was a good choice for dinner with young children.

Disney was 20 minutes by car pool lanes both directions. Best part was getting away from the amusement park mob scene eves and mornings.

We will definitely stay here again.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member BillDen

This is a very nice hotel in a great location. Easy access to Newport and Disneyland. The lobby area was nice and the staff seemed friendly. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The only downfall is that there are no vending machines in the hotel to get drinks or snacks. They have a refrigerator in your room with snacks; however, they are very over priced. All in all, I would definitely stay here again if ever doing business in the area.

Not what you expect

We came to check into the hyatt at 2:15pm. A little early for check in but we were tired from traveling. When we got to the check in they stated they had our king room ready for us. I informed them we are a party of 4 (2 kids 2 adults). They offered me a roll away, but that still left one person with no bed. I informed them I made my reservation for 2 beds and 4 people. They informed me very rudly that is a request. You reserve your room but the beds in the rooms are a request not guarenteed. I spoke with a manager and she said she could find us a room but it would not be ready until 3:00pm. Said Ok went to the pool and waited. Went back 2 more time finally at 3:15pm our room was still not ready. We had friends staying at another hotel and called their hotel and they had 2 beds ready and it was cheaper but just as a nice. Went back to the front desk to cancel our reservations and they wanted to charge me anyway. I informed them they did not have my room ready still and this was not my fault. After speaking to a manager AGAIN they agreed not to charge us for the room. We went to the Marriott and were treated like royalty for less and it included breakfast. Do not stay here if you expect ANY customer service.

Comments