10 Morgan Street, Irvine, California, 92618, United States
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

More about Irvine

TiramisuTiramisu

Tuscany Mediterranee GrillTuscany Mediterranee Grill

Makes me want to p@e everytime I see it...Makes me want to p@e everytime I see it...

I'll Tell You Why It's Neat, Too!I'll Tell You Why It's Neat, Too!

Travel Tips for Irvine

Anybody Need Any Help Out Here?

by NC_Ziggy

Just Think! If you worked here, you could go outside at lunch and have all kinds of fun! I see some awesome Hide & Seek happening... maybe pitch quarters against the nice white curb steps leading down to the cement ponds... or just git you one of them lattes and chill until the caffine kicks in. Boy! I bet we'll be gettin' some impo work done today!

Walk on the University Campus and Grounds!

by marinarena

The University of California Irvine has a gorgeous green campus and surrounding area full of elegant trees and cute rabbits and squirrels scurrying around. I was first introduced to teh campus durign high school era when I was practing for the SAT. Since then, I have loved going for walks.

If you happen to be catching a UCI sports game or attending a concert or a function at the uni's Bren Events Center, why not take some time and have a picnic on the green?

Irvine

by Lizchiq

"Love it or Leave it..."

Sometimes Irvine receives mixed reviews.

Irvine is a wonderful place in which to live, but it is definitely not a "destination" city. If I were an outsider, I would probably not spend my valuable and limited "vacation days." Most services are available within the city limits, but the city lacks a diversity of feel, because it has been a master-planned community since its inception. It has distinct residential and commercial zoning. Many of the restaurants, shops and hotels are in chains. If you are looking for more boutiques, charming cafes and more intimate hotels, try Laguna Beach, Newport Beach or San Clemente.

For the majority of its residents, Irvine allows them a high standard of living. It's clean and safe (in fact, it was voted the safest city in the United States in 2005), has great public schools and there is much less traffic here than LA obviously, as well as some other areas of Orange County.

In exchange for the high standard of living and safe "community" feeling, some diversity is sacrificed. This is the case in many cities with a safer feeling. Love it or leave it!

Ok, I live here...for the time being

by drivingwithdawn

I've lived in Irvine for about 3 years. Prior to this, I lived in various cities in Orange and LA counties, as well as oregon, Washington and the UK. When I moved in with the guy that's now my husband, we decided to get an apartment in Irvine because it was close to the place where we both worked. Now that we don't work there anymore, we will probably move because there really isn't anything tying us here. We'll probably stay in Orange County though.

Irvine is alright. It can be dull but then again, it is close to alot of nice shopping, beaches, and restaurants. It is also only 40 minutes or so from Los Angeles.

Yes, there are alot of right-wing soccer moms here, but I've also found alot of diversity here, too.You just have to scratch beneath the surface.

I don't know why you'd really visit here unless you knew someone or were here on business. However, it is close to the cities of Laguna and Newport Beach, has a great university and is a very clean city. It's also close to shopping areas like the South Coast Plaza in Coasta Mesa.

Comments