2960 La Posada Way, Julian, California, 92036, United States

• Appalling Treatment at Pine Hills Lodge

Although the setting is lovely and the lodge itself, if rustic, is charming. The treatment that my husband and I have received there has been consistently inhospitable. The rooms are in need of work. It is obvious that the owners cannot afford the place. The food is wonderful and the chef is very friendly. My husband and I love the Sunday buffet but refuse to go back because we have been so shabbily treated by the owner.

We stayed overnight at the Lodge one Thanksgiving several years ago. The dinner was great but later that evening we went into the main lodge to see what kind of food we might be able to get and were nearly chased out by the staff. A year ago we went to the Sunday buffet and were told by the owner that he had nowhere for us to sit -- he couldn't serve us because he had a big wedding party coming in. The restaurant was EMPTY at the time. He was extremely rude to us.

A couple that I work with wanted to have their wedding at the lodge but decided against it after meeting with the staff because they were so rude.

This place has LOTS of potential. But the owner has no business being in the hospitality business. He is anything but.

Comments