Ravenwood Motel

151 Klamath Boulevard, P.O. Box 1004, Klamath, California, 95548-1004, United States

More about Ravenwood Motel

lovely!! peaceful!

by TripAdvisor Member deannaball

My husband, and 3 small children stayed at the Ravenwood Motel for 2 nights. Wonderful stay. We had a full kitchen, master bedroom and 2 queen size futon/couch's in the living room. very very clean. i am picky about clean. it was very clean and very homey. it was so peaceful, and quiet, and so much to do in the area as far as hiking, beaches, nature kind of stuff. bring your own food, because there isnt really anywhere to buy decent food. we had a wonderful peaceful time here, and would definately stay again, but hopefully a longer trip next time. great value for what you get.

Charmed

by TripAdvisor Member hornet50

Booked the room based on Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed in the least. My husband and I were vacationing with my mother and the rooms were reasonable enough so that we could get two rooms for less than we paid for 1 in large cities (San Francisco, for example). Each room was charmingly decorated and reminded us of an inn, not a motel. There was a bright light in the bathroom, which I like, and the room was clean as a whistle. The management was warm and helpful. When touring the Redwoods this is the place to stay. If there was any complaint, breakfast was a little weak.

Perfect Spot for the Redwoods - Travel Guide Included!

by TripAdvisor Member jennut1

I was on business in the Eureka, CA area, and with one day to play, I decided to spend my time in the Redwood National Forest. I drove for a couple hours in the dark down rainy, windy roads, and made it to Klamath to have a good spot for touring the area the following morning.

I should say after driving around Klamath for 45 minutes, I could only find one place open that said "Lodging." When I went in, the lady working the bar openly said "I wouldn't stay here in these rooms; you should go to the Ravenswood. It's clean."

Off I went. When I arrived, I was greeted and checked-in by Gary, one of the owners. When he realized that I was there for a short trip, he spent about 40 minutes with me helping me plan my day. If it weren't for him, I don't think I would have ever seen or done as many cool things. He even showed me a great 1 mile hike that I could fit into a packed day's activities.

The room was nice - well above my expectations of a $60/night accommodation. Yes, there were a few pieces of chipped paint here and there, but overall it had a lot of charm - I could easily tell that Gary was a proud and meticulous owner. He also really seems to care about the area. We also chatted over breakfast in their very cozy breakfast room.

The Ravenswood, it turns out, is one of the shining stars of Klamath. Looks may be deceiving, but it has provided a cleaner atmosphere in it's little neck of the woods than anything else I saw in Klamath.

When we go back to the area, I don't plan on spending too much time revisiting places already seen - there's just too much more to see! However, I will absolutely plan on stopping in again so that my boyfriend can meet Gary and see why he and the Ravenswood impressed me so much. I feel that staying there really made a huge impact on my entire trip.

Very comfortable - great!

by TripAdvisor Member merstone

I was traveling to Klamath on business, and only booked this hotel because the Requa Inn, which gets rave reviews, was closed for the month. I was pleasantly surprised! It was a home away from home. Clean, roomy, and warm. And the view from my room was of the stunning redwood hills.The owners are very nice and helpful, and told me Ravenwood was not always so nice. They've taken what was once a dump and are continually working to make it the best roadside motel you can find. My only complaint was that the oven did not work (although the stove top did). I would definitely recommend this place!

A Gem in the Redwoods!!

by TripAdvisor Member Meigs

We were on vacation in No. California and were pleasantly surprised by the Ravenwood. Gary checked us in and when he found otut how far we had traveled he gave us the inside scoop on everything to do in the area.

The room was clean and very comfortable. Not all what we were expecting for the price and for "motel". A great deal. If you are in the area, Stay at the Ravenwood!

B&B Charm at Motel Prices

by TripAdvisor Member CarpeDiem_8

My mother and I enjoyed our stay at Ravenwood. The owners, Gary and Perry put a lot of work into this motel--including charming and practical touches like paper towel dispensers outside of each room for wiping off your car's misty windshield. Guests are also allowed to use a sun room with breakfast tables, a lending library, microwave, and free, plentiful supplies of coffee, tea, cocoa, and fresh fruit. Certainly, it is still a motel with motel prices, but it has the feel of a rural Bed and Breakfast. The next time we pass through, we will certainly stay at the Ravenwood.

Great Motel, Great Location, Great Innkeepers

by TripAdvisor Member pearcesjp

Really a great motel...reminiscent of the old style, but definitely CLEAN and updated. Nice armoire, 4 poster bed, chairs outside room to enjoy the climate. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, but you are welcome to keep things in the communal fridge in the breakfast room. Great capuccino machine as well as coffee, hot chocolate, packaged pastries, fruit. Bottled water for 50 cents! A couple of good spots to eat across the street (great local bar, too, with amazing jukebox), but if you need to pack a picnic for touring the Redwoods you'd better plan ahead. ..no groceries to be found other than the Subway in the gas station. Gary can give you great ideas to see what should be seen!

Great motel

by TripAdvisor Member beachbum1964

What a great find. I stayed there this past July 3-4 with my family. We had a small suite that worked great. The motel was very clean and well kept. The owners were very helpful. I highly recommend this motel. It was very reasonably priced, especially for considering how nice it was and how helpful the owners are.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member gdfathr

Booked our stay (6/17-6/18) based on TripAdvisor reviews and wasn't disappointed. Stayed two nights and did a lot of hiking in between. Gary was very helpful in deciding on what to see.

Room was very clean and nicely furnished. Had a nice visit with the owners' dogs one morning - we had the door open and they walked on in for a visit!

There are a couple places across the street to eat. One looked more like a bar (we skipped that one). The other one (I can't remember it's name but it is furthest from the motel but within 50 yards) had great food and is owned by a woman who just bought it earlier this year (I think). Gary reccomended it and it was great.

Overall, great stay. Would definitely go back. If you are there for redwoods, I highly recommend getting a permit and going to Tall Trees Grove...it's amazing. Fern Canyon was cool too...

Loved every second of my time at the Ravenwood Motel.

by TripAdvisor Member kttravel08

Trip Advisor did not let me down! As soon as I saw the reviews for this motel I knew I had found the solution to my dilemma of where to explore the parks from, Klamath! Klamath lies around half way down the parks. It is a tiny town with not much in the way of facilities, if you want to be right by lots of restaurants or a supermarket etc then perhaps Crescent City would suit you better, however Crescent City is about a 15-20 minute drive away so it was no problem to go there for dinner and a picnic supply stop.

The Ravenwood has individually decorated rooms that are clean and spacious. I had a regular room but they also have suites with kitchens that I'm sure are just as lovely. A couple of things have changed since a couple of reviews on here: shower caps are now provided!

The breakfast room with ready-to-mix oatmeal, pastries, fruit, coffee, tea and hot chocolate is open til 11pm at night, plus there are things you can pay for like tuna and crackers, soups, chips, cookies etc. There is also a garage around the corner with a Subway (open from about 10am until very approximately 6pm depending on time of year). There is also a cafe right across the street, closes early on Sundays, and serves good simple tasty food.

The breakfast room is a great place to pick up tips from fellow travellers or the owners, Gary and Perry.

Gary and Perry are key to the success of this lodging. Friendly and approachable, they are interested in their guests and that their visitors have an enjoyable stay in amongst the Redwoods. They manage that very tricky balance of being interested without being 'nosey', attentive without being over-bearing. Wonderful people.

One of the few places on my trip where I have seriously considered changing dates around so I could stay longer - both because of the hotel and the incredible surroundings.

Comments