Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla

7753 Draper Ave., La Jolla, California, 92037, United States

• Yubert's Profile Photo

Downtown La Jolla's only B&B

I didn't stay here but checked out the place over 4th of July weekend with VT member Scandic. We were going to stay here but we found a less expensive and closer location.

Unique Quality: Charming and quaint facilities. No off-street parking.

Directions: On Draper, between Prospect and Kline St.

More about Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla

What a Weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member fourandadog

We have just returned from staying at the Inn. We had a great time. The staff was very personable and bent over backwards to make sure that everyone was comfortable and happy. The rooms were nice and the location of the bed and breakfast was ideal for "cruising" around La Jolla. We throughly enjoyed our stay! The food was good and the beachs were absolutely amazing!

Confirmed my love for small B&B's around the world!

by TripAdvisor Member EvaTravel

Just returned from San Diego where I attended a Wedding at the Hotel Del Coronado. The wedding was absolutely wonderful, the entire wedding Party attended the ceremony on the beach, bare foot, dressed in formal or semi formal attire…Great fun!

Since I prefer small B&B‘s I booked a room at the Inn La Jolla in La Jolla about 20 minutes away. I rented the Kate Sessions room, which is tiny but makes up for its size in comfort, coziness and décor. While everybody else got their nails and hair done, I had time to explore La Jolla, check out the coffee shops and got my feet wet at the Cove on the beach. After the wedding a friend gave me a ride back to La Jolla, where I slept like a baby and felt so happy to be far away from the busy hotel.

The breakfast in the morning at the communal table, there are also two smaller tables, was great fun. The food was truly homemade, the service very attentive and the Innkeeper Gayle made me feel right at home. The little garden has nice places to sit in and I happily read my Sunday Paper there. All in all, the stay at the Inn La Jolla confirmed my love for small B&B’s around the world and I highly recommend the Inn.

Fun Travels, Eva

Romantic and Relaxing!!

by TripAdvisor Member ACS-Dean

What a wonderful stay we had recently at the Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla. This was our first visit to La Jolla, and my partner and I were looking specifically for a relaxing and romantic place to stay and celebrate a very special time in our lives. The entire staff was so warm and welcoming... and made our stay that much more wonderful! Take advantage of the great gourmet breakfast... it's top notch!! We stayed in the beautiful Fiesta room, which overlooked the garden courtyard. It has luxurious furniture, bedding, artwork, and the complimentary sherry liquer was especially a great touch! It's within a short walk from the beach, the La Jolla cove, and all the great La Jolla restaurants, shopping, museums, art galleries, and churches. We strongly recommend the Bed & Breakfast Inn at Lo Jolla to anyone looking for a relaxing and romantic experience. We'll definitely be visiting again!! Albert & Dean

Once in a Lifetime Experience

by TripAdvisor Member dazeemathis

A close friend and I stayed in the Holiday room for 3 nights while she was here planning her wedding. It was wonderful. The granola was just as good as she said it would be and even better than I expected. I had to buy a couple of bags for myself and I will be back for more without a doubt. We spent days running from appointment to appointment. It was exhilarating and we were giddy with excitement. She actually decided on the florist and floral designs (whimsical but classical), cake flavor (carrot, cream berry filled, and chocolate mousse) and possible designs, and photographer. WOW! It was a welcome reprieve to come home to a warm and cozy environment and know we would wake to a delicious breakfast and delightful company. The bed makes it almost impossible to get up in the morning but the breakfast is the deal breaker. I have a never ending sweet tooth and there was always something perfect for me on the menu. It’s the end of our stay here. We had a pre-wedding photo shoot while my friend pranced around in her wedding dress. It is absolutely perfect with just enough femininity, elegance, and romance. On a more personal note, I asked her to wear my great grandmother’s cocktail ring as something old on her wedding day. This is a way I can be even closer, if that is possible, to her on her wedding day. The day couldn’t get here fast enough for me! I can only imagine how she feels. The LJ B&B was the perfect compliment to our experience in LJ. It can't get any better than this and coming from a B&B lover this is my all time favorite. I must get some sleep. God bless your stay here and may he grace you, as he did me, with memories to cherish forever.

Love and Light,
Kristen

Best B&B

by TripAdvisor Member HospitalityLady

This is an amazing property with an absolutely amazing staff! Lisa, Cooleen, Jessie, Katt, and everyone else who is there to help are all wonderful. They will go out of there way to make your stay as best as it can be. You feel so intimate and set away at wine and cheese hour when you sit in the garden and watch the hummingbirds. The fresh flowers in the room and all over the inn are such a splendid touch! I loved it!

Lovely period home

by TripAdvisor Member FromPlaya

A lovely period home (built in 1918) remodeled into a B&B. The room was very comfortable (especially the bed) with the typical B&B "extras" (wine and cheese in the late afternoon, no TV in rooms), however, for those that wanted it there was a TV room (rather small LCD TV) and access to a computer w/ internet and a printer. No internet/wireless in rooms. The bathroom was a bit less than advertised (we stayed in the Garden Room) and the tub seemed a bit tired, however the grounds, while small, were quite beautiful and relaxing and we took full advantage of them. Adjacent to the property is the La Jolla Women's Club, which hosts a number of events, but they were never loud and ended early. The appeal of the adjacent property is that their gardens are just as beautiful and extend the garden-like feel of the B&B property as they almost appear to co-join. It is ideally located at the Southern edge of the more touristy "La Jolla", across the street from the Museum of Contmporaty Art and a short walk from the cliffs and beaches and all the shops, galleries and restaurants you could want.

One rather minor complaint might be with the scheduling of breakfast. We are not "early risers" while on vacation and the options for breakfast were at 8:00 or 8:45 am. It called for an earlier than ideal morning both days we were there to be ready to sit with our fellow guests for breakfast. I believe that they offer a later seating (9:30 am) when they are more full, but that was not offered as an option to us. Seating is limited in the dining room with two small tables for two and a communal table for about 8-10. All are first come-first served for a given seating. Breakfast was quite good both days.

We would certainly return again if our ventures take us to the area.

Beautiful B&B, great location, wonderful staff

by TripAdvisor Member rphelps

We had a lovely stay. Fresh baked cookies and tea were available upon arrival, and wine and cheese in the late afternoon. A beautiful flower-lined walkway leads to the front door, and a shady courtyard includes a vine-covered nook for relaxing. An upper level outdoor patio affords an ocean view.

Colleen, our evening innkeeper, provided fabulous dinner suggestions and was helpful in other ways as well.

My husband and I highly recommend this delightful B&B.

Nice Bed Bad Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Lishibelle

As usual, we were disappointed with the second "B" in "B&B." Gritty waffles and pear clafouti with the consistency of baby food.

Room was nice, though small and dark.

Property is really beautiful, despite astroturf in courtyard.

A wonderful experience in La Jolla

by TripAdvisor Member Caramandan

We wanted a special place to stay in the days leading up to our wedding anniversary. We had seen the hotel in the "Select Registry" of B&B inns and booked via the website. We chose the "Holiday Suite" room which was relatively expensive but received a 10% discount being over 60. The room was spacious. Although the TV screen was relatively small, it was not a problem to us as we did not watch it much. The location was great with an easy walk to the coast at La Jolla and to the many restaurants along Prospect Street. We had no problems with noise from the neighbouring Women's Club nor the social centre across the street which had been mentioned in some other reports. We were glad we chose La Jolla rather than staying in downtown San Diego, and although a drive was involved, there were no problems with traffic in getting to San Diego zoo, Seaworld, and the beaches at Coronado, Pacific Beach and Del Mar. We enjoyed the pretty garden which was the venue for wine and cheese from 5-6pm each evening. Breakfast included a fruit salad each day with a choice of sweet (pancake/french toast) or savoury (quiche or other egg based) with bacon, and granola with yoghurt, as well as a muffin. We enjoyed the homemade food although we did not eat all the options each day. The Inn provided a computer (& printer) for guests to use in the upstairs lounge, which was helpful for checking-in for the flight on the day of our departure. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Comments