10950 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, California, 92037, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines

Happy With The Hyatt La Jolla

by SquidVishous about Hyatt Regency La Jolla

I've just returned from my second stay at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla and I was extremely happy with the experience. The staff is friendly and helpful and were kind enough to give us a free room upgrade (upon request). Parking is around $20/day to self-park, which is pretty standard (unfortunately) for the San Diego area. I scored free parking through a nice AAA package that also included breakfast. In fact, my AAA membership had expired and it made it worth the $49 fee to sign up again and get this rate which included breakfast/self-parking/room for $116 a night!!! This a killer deal for a very nice hotel. The pool and jacuzzi are very nice. There are also very comfortable and free cabanas in the pool area, as well as a bar.

This location is convenient to the 5 freeway (and not far from the 805 freeway).

If you are going to San Diego, I highly recommend this hotel. The location is about 10 miles north of San Diego (which is kind of nice). If you do stay, be sure to head over to the ocean and take a quick spin through La Jolla to visit the Harbor Seals.

The rooms are very nice:

1) Bed: EXCELLENT - slept like a baby - very comfortable pillow-top mattresses
2) TV/Entertainment - My room had an LG flat-screen - I think they upgraded this from the last time I was there a year ago. The channel selection was slightly limited, but, I guess this is the same at most hotels.
3) Clock radio had an ipod dock. This is a really great small touch.
4) Bathrooms were clean and modern - Good Water Pressure - Nice bath products

Barcino - we had the breakfast buffet here both days. If included in your rate, this is great. This is a buffet with all the basics done fine. There is nothing exceptional about this, but, the food was good and the staff was pleasant. Again, GREAT if it is part of your rate. If it isn't, I'd recommend going into La Jolla or San Diego and getting a local experience.

I go to San Diego a few times a year and I've stayed at a number of hotels there. The Hyatt Regency La Jolla is now my "go-to" hotel and my first recommendation for any friends or family going to the area. This hotel is slightly north of San Diego - but, I like that. I think it's nice to stay a little bit out of the action, but be a very short drive from getting into San Diego proper. Also, when going back to Los Angeles, it's nice to be that much closer. The location is convenient to San Diego, Mission Bay, La Jolla, Sea World, San Diego Zoo.

The pool area is very comfortable and a great spot to spend the afternoon.

Note: While it is billed as La Jolla, I think it's technically in University City (not a problem). However, if you are looking for a more "La Jolla" experience, you should look at some other locations on the west side of the 5 freeway. The Hilton La Jolla, Torrey Pines is beautiful if you can find a nice rate. However, it is a little more out of the way if you are going to be going in and out of San Diego.

Very nice, but not for everyone

by TripAdvisor Member RoyWally

Stayed here at Gov't Rate (a God send!) July 23-30, in a 1 King room w/balcony overlooking the pool, with views of Torrey Pines GC and the Pacific beyond.

I'd rate the room 8 out of 10; it was spacious, clean, and well-maintained. Only drawbacks were some noise from the hallway (not too bad though) and the dresser was not as nice as I would like. The bed was very comfortable, which is a must if you're spending much for a room.

The hotel itself was in great shape and very clean. The staff almost across the board was friendly and helpful. But as others have noted, all facilities are not available all the time.

Parking was $16/night for me, which was not shocking at all for the area, whether you're in La Jolla, Mission Bay, or downtown San Diego. I don't agree with it, but what are ya gonna do? I've paid similar prices at the T&C on Hotel Circle, at the Sheraton on Harbor Island, and at the Wyndham downtown.

Location is great if you've ever stayed in downtown La Jolla and had to deal with the traffic, noise, parking, etc. But some folks may choose to deal with these things to be more "in the middle of things". I've been in the area several times, and once you're familiar with the streets, you'll find that it's very easy to zip to downtown LJ, up to Del Mar (catch the ponies if you can, it's great fun), or over to I-5 to go north or south quickly (downtown San Diego is usually only about a 15 minute drive).

If you're on a family trip to Sea World, The Zoo, and what not, the Hilton La Jolla may not be the best choice for you. Check the hotels around Mission Bay, Hotel Circle off of Hwy 8, and even downtown. At the same time, there were several families at the Hilton while I was there and they seemed pretty happy and content.

I would definitely return to the Hilton LJ at Torrey Pines for both business and personal stays when visiting the greater San Diego area.

Great hotel, beautiful, peaceful location

We loved this hotel. The room was spacious and immaculate - the beds were comfy and we had a nice view of the pool/golfcourse/Pacific. Staff was attentive, friendly and helpful. The food was great and the restaurant is perfect for kids - a nice kids menu and welcoming to loud ones like ours! Overall, a wonderful stay here - we would return without hesitation.

Golf Course Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member Criticaltraveller

We had a room facing the Torrey Pines Golf Course with the sea in the distance. We saw this from our balcony. The room and bath were spacious. The closet space was more than adequate. The restaurant is quite good and not that pricey. The proximity to the Torrey Pines Golf Course is what makes this hotel so outstanding, though. We were able to walk two minutes to get to the course and to enjoy the amenities of the Lodge at Torrey Pines including the spa. We would stay here again.

Nice, but not if you want to lounge on the beach

by TripAdvisor Member msprincipal

Beautiful hotel, but there was no beach within reasonable walking distance. You had to hike down to the beach on a trail that would require sneakers, not flip-flops. We had fun lounging by the pool and the rooms were nice, but I was hoping to be able to walk from my room to the beach in 10 minutes or less.

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ssjjpp112233

we picked this place based on other user reviews and were not dissapointed. the room was well appointed and very well cleaned, bed was new and very comfortable, plenty of towels. breakfast in the torreyana grille downstairs was included, my husband loved the buffet and i ordered off the menu, which was also delicioius. service everywhere was excellent, parking in their lot is convenient (15 dollars a day but that's la jolla for you). i would definitely stay there again.

Outstanding Stay

A group of ten of us decended on this fabulous hotel for a long anticipated reunion and could not have been more pleased. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed. The view to the pacific accross Torrey Pines South golf course was inspiring as well. The Restaurant served us well and while it priced like a hotel every one agreed that for a hotel it was excellent.

The hotel is convienient to La Jolla and Del Mar and DT San Diego is a quick ride also

They were able to assist in getting tee times for our group and it's a short walk to the 1st tee and clubhouse.

The spa at the adjoining Lodge @ Torrey Pines was also very enjoyable and the ladies loved it.

If you are looking for a spot to have a getaway this fits the bill nicely

Okay, but not impressed...

by TripAdvisor Member bmajor1

Stayed there from July 9 - 16. The good: mostly clean throughout, attractive lobby, friendly and helpful staff for the most part, decent food in the restaurant, and a nice pool (salt water). The bad: My wife and I were supposed to have two double beds in our room (one for us, one for the kids). Due to the hotel being "overbooked," we could only get a king size bed and a rollaway - very snug. The service in the restaurant was nice, but slow and disorganized. The bar at the pool was rarely open (and they would have made a chunk of change just on our group alone!), and one day there were no clean pool towels all day and no one ever came out to pick up the dirty ones. I finally walked into the restaurant dripping wet and asked the hostess to get us some towels, but even that didn't inspire management to do anything more about the problem. The jacuzzi is hidden from view of the pool, so the kids couldn't go in unless we were with them as we couldn't see them otherwise. There is free wireless internet in the lobby, but in the rooms it's wired and you have to pay a premium for it. The lobby always had people sitting around with laptops because no one would pay the ridiculous rate in the room. The hotel location was good and bad - right next to Torrey Pines Golf Course with a pretty view, but everything else was a drive including restaurants, beach and downtown La Jolla. The fog didn't lift until at least noon each day, and some days it hung around all day. 15 minutes away from the hotel location it would be bright and clear. Overall, this hotel is not worth the money. Next time I would pay a little extra and be in or near downtown La Jolla - at least if it's foggy, you can walk to the shops and restaurants.

Nice area

by TripAdvisor Member Jstylist

We just got back from a 8 night stay at the Hilton in Torrey Pines which I found to be very nice/but not one of the nicest Hiltons that I have stayed in. But still very pretty/you definetly need a rent a car since san diego is pretty well wide spread. Very nice area. Theres a nice walking/running trail right next to the Hilton with some really great views definetly worth getting up for. Didn't really spend much time at the hotel itself there was too much to see. The concierge Dean was excellent/great directions to every place we asked/ We pre booked this reservation on-line which was a great deal/pre-paid/loved san diego and southern california/just watch out the highways are a killer between 3 and 6:00 pm got stuck in major traffic for 3 hours coming back from laguna beach to san diego/wow that was something/All in all the Hilton was nice/but next time i go for that long would definetly recommend staying in a condo/especially with kids

Relaxing and peaceful

by TripAdvisor Member wader

My family of four just got back from our vacation that included a four night stay at the La Jolla Hilton at Torrey Pines. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, the staff extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean. Definetly no worries staying here. As it was about 5 minutes from downtown La Jolla, it was very quiet. Not far from San Diego either, about a 15-20 minute drive. Only slightly disappointing thing was the pool as it was not overly large and was not the best feature of the hotel. Our two boys wanted to splash about and be teenagers in the pool, but there was no diving, no floatation devices, and no balls etc. allowed in the pool. Not a big deal, but if this is what you are after as part of your holiday then be warned. It did not affect our vacation too much as we went to the beach in La Jolla and the boys took surfing lessons. Great fun!! If you are looking for a quiet getaway, this is the place for you. If you want pools for the kids to splash around, maybe look elsewhere.

What a colorful fish!What a colorful fish!

markermarker