Sheraton La Jolla

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

3299 Holiday Court, (formerly Radisson Hotel La Jolla), La Jolla, California, 92037, United States
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Booking.com Sheraton.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Sheraton La Jolla

pretty nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member nwprincipado

I stayed here with my parents and younger siblings, and we thought the hotel was nicely organized, clean, and with a good environment, if I went down to San Diego again, I would probably stay here again.

If you´re looking for a three star hotel and you´re going to have a car with you, I would strongly consider this hotel. La jolla area is nice as well, but aside from a couple of things (like the shore) doesnt have much to offer to tourists.

loved the radisson

by TripAdvisor Member carneasadaburrito

Enjoyed three days at the radisson. Wasn't expecting much being that it was a Radisson but was amazed. Grounds are spectacular and rooms were very pleasent. The only negative was the size of the bathroom but that is beyond their control. Check in was efficient as was the bellman. William the bell captain represents what customer service is all about. He was so helpful with anything we needed. When we called Friday afternoon asking about movies playing he not even had a couple of recomendations but without us asking delivered a newspaper to our room and refused a tip!Pool area was nice as was their bar (Hooters?). All in all would stay here again.

Good Enough - Nice rooms, friendly staff, but miles away from EVERYTHING

I was out in San Diego for an interview at UC-SD, and was put up in the Radisson for three nights. The rooms are absolutely lovely, although I agree that the bathrooms are definitely on the small side.
I had seen the pictures of the grounds on the website and was expecting a lovely garden area, but it was terribly misrepresented - there is a bridge and a putting green, but no other green space.
No elevators, but if you can, definitely stay on the second floor - less noise from the pool area. And try to get a room viewing the courtyard, and not the parking lot... makes a huge difference.
As far as the negatives... There isn't a whole of interest within walking distance beyond your average strip mall that you can find Anywhere, USA.
My biggest complaint - no conceirge. For someone who had never been to La Jolla before, I wanted recommendations, suggestions, someone with an idea of things that would suit me. While the Front Desk was mostly helpful, it was really hit or miss (and more miss) whether there was someone who could advise.

Just as nice as the more expensiv hotels nearby

The Radisson La Jolla far exceeded my expectations (and I had high expectations based on other reviews) Our friends stayed at Estancia and they paid double the $ that we paid for the Radisson. I visited Estancia and I thought the Radisson was just as nice (our room had nice upgrades such as granite countertops) I used this site in my research, but I was not prepared for the truly lovely hotel and grounds of this Radisson.

Staff were so nice and courteous and the room looked just like it did on the internet. We also had a sleep number bed that was a real bonus. The decor was very nice and the grounds looked like paradise with palm trees and tropical feel. The pool and hot tub were large, clean and inviting. You would never know how close I-5 is to the property, it is very serene. The Radisson is walking distance to several restaurants, Whole Foods Market and also convenient for shopping.

I will definitely stay here again. This property has the feel of 4-stars at 3-star prices.

Good choice in La Jolla

by TripAdvisor Member Nonprofit_traveller

I arrived in a rare rainstorm in La Jolla -- a bit of a problem as this is a "motor hotel" syle facility, with parking outside the blocks of rooms and outside staircases. There are no elevators so don't be shy about asking for help from the bellman when checking in to a second floor room(I was!).

Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are small but clean and nicely done. Only one sink even in 2 queen bed rooms.

The courtyard around which the accommodation blocks are located is nice, pool, hot-tub, tropical gardens and putting green.

My room had both a refrigerator and a microwave, and a Whole Foods grocery store 5 minutes walk away.

I was in La Jolla on business and would definitely stay there again. It is conveniently located a couple of blocks from I-5.

Radisson is allright; average

by TripAdvisor Member CAishome

I think we expected a bit more based on reviews on this site. This hotel/motel is just ok; it was fine for one night for our family of four, although a bit cramped, especially the very small bathroom. The beds were comfortable, the location is easy off I-5 and very convenient to UCSD (our destination).

Very pleased

by TripAdvisor Member MJD1

Very comfortable accommodations. Nice chair and ottoman in room. Desk with large work surface that was great for doing some computer work. Parking easy with garage under the hotel. Easy access to hotel. Desk staff courteous and efficient.

Nice hotel

Just spent a couple nights at the Radisson La Jolla on a vacation in Southern CA. The Radisson is quite nice and I would recommend it on a stay to San Diego. The rooms seem to have been upgraded recently and were quite compfortable. The bathroom was small but not really a problem if no more than one person is going to be using it. The gardens are gorgeous and kept up. There is a pool and jacuzzi. If you have a car then getting around San Diego. I would defintely stay there again!!

Enjoyed my stay at the Radisson La Jolla

by TripAdvisor Member triiiangle

Stayed here in April 2006 for a visit of San Diego with my girlfriend. Room was very clean, large, and had excellent amenities. Room included fridge, microwave, wireless Internet, robes, couch, and king-size bed. The location is right across the street from UC San Diego and very close to Whole Foods, Ralphs supermarket, movie theaters, Jamba Juice, Tower Records etc. Also, the hotel is close to the 5 freeway, which made it easy to get around San Diego. I plan on staying at the Radisson La Jolla for all my future trips to San Diego.

Radisson should reconsider their shuttle bus service

I had a very bad experience with the staff at Radission (the senior manager, Tiffany).

We asked at the front desk in the morning if we could use it. Then the front desk told us we could call from the airport.
We called from the airport, probably around 9:00pm, they refused to send us a shuttle because of their policy. We were not aware of the shuttle bus policy that Radisson only offers when we check-in. It does not clearly state on the web when we booked. It only says "Complimentary shuttle bus service".

I got very puzzled when I was refused so I tried to explain over the phone. I am not
a native speaker to I had hard time explaining the situation. Tiffany, however, did not
listen to me until the end and she started to yell at me very sharply.

I just could not believe their attitude. We've traveld around the world but never had
such an experience with a hotel clerk.

After talking with Tiffany, I asked somebody else to talk with me, and finally they
told us to wait for 10min until the shuttle comes. Apparently, the shuttle bus was
heading for the airport for another guest. There were plenty of space in the shuttle.
So what was the fuss?

I think Radisson should reconsider their shuttle bus service policy. People coming to
Radisson are all travelers who don't have much knowledge about the area. They would
prefer to take the shuttle bus straight to the hotel if they can, even if they have to pay
as much as a taxi.