2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Travelocity Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• JNFowler's Profile Photo

Looks clean, but infested with bedbugs!

This was absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had! I checked into Travelodge, which was supposed to be a nice hotel because of a recent remodeling. I was only going to be in town for two nights for my nephew's wedding, and both nights were booked here. Everything looked and smelled nice, but around 5am the first night, I woke up because my neck and arms were itching horribly. I looked in the mirror, and I was covered with huge welts that I thought at the time were flees or mosquito bites. Pretty upset, I talked to Alex at the front desk, who was useless. Not only did he refuse to move me into a different room, he refused to refund my money for the second night’s booking, when I told him I was going to another hotel (I’m still working with Priceline to get my money back on the second night which I wasn’t in the hotel for).

Two days later when I got home, the welts were still bad and still very itchy. Because I don’t normally react this way to insect bites, I started to get concerned. I was lucky enough to get in to see my primary care doctor that afternoon, and she looked me over. She counted about forty bites on my neck, arms, back, and chest, and said they had the distinctive bite patterns of bedbugs. Aside from being disgusted, I was furious at the hotel. When I called them the next day to get my money back and tell them about what happened, whoever it was I spoke to said they could not refund me because I booked through Priceline, and insisted their hotel was clean. When I told him what my doctor said, he hung up on me!

Easily the worst hotel in the US. Not only will they still not refund my money, they refuse to let me speak to anyone in their management. Stay at your own risk!

• JNFowler's Profile Photo

Looks clean, but infested with bedbugs!

More about Ramada Limited La Mesa

Loved this hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member DrRobert78

We finished our trip through california in San diego and stayed at the Travelodge la Mesa. From the begining we loved this hotel. Although the location is not perfect, when you have a car everthing is easily accesible. The rooms are very clean and big. Personel welcome at the room with a small snack. Nice bathroom. Very friendly and helpfull staff. It has a beautiful lobby and a big parkinglot (free).
Breakfast was great, very divers and good (especially for a Travelodge). Small but nice swimming pool).
Absolute a recommandation!

Remarkable Deal!

by TripAdvisor Member Igys-Crew

We booked this hotel based on the reviews, and we were not disappointed! The hotel is beautiful and clean and the staff were friendly, courteous and professional. We needed directions to some out-of-the way attractions, and they promptly found and printed them for us -- all with a smile! We checked in after 1 am and the clerk was friendly and efficient, as though it were midday! Outstanding service! The complimentary breakfast was great and included waffles, cereal, juice, bagels, fruit etc. We had a 2 queen room and it was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The beds were quite comfortable. Te room had a very "well-kept" aura. The shower had great water pressure. Nice little fridge and microwave. Close to several markets and shops and a huge mall was just 15 minutes away. Quiet, indoor hallways. Extremely clean. You won't be sorry! We are planning a second trip and will definately stay here!

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member jaguar014

Stayed for 3 nights as part of a touring holiday, Palm Springs, Vegas, San Diego, Dana Point.

Good value for money.

Motel had obviously been recently refurbished & included in room safe, fridge, microwave etc not all of which you get in similar priced accommodation

Staff friendly

Enjoyed the extra touch of freebie nibbles in the room on arrival.

Would not hesitate to recommend to family & friends

Pleasant stay at the Travelodge

by TripAdvisor Member TravelJunkie22

For the price and location of this hotel, it was a very good choice. The hotel has gone through some major renovations and everything looks new and clean. As with all my reviews, I will go through as much as I can.

Initial Thoughts: Because I knew this was gonna be a quick stay for business, I didn't expect much from the hotel. Just needed a place to sleep and shower. The exterior of the hotel sorta looks like an apartment complex. It doesn't look rundown or outdated at least.

The Grounds: Parking is right in front of the hotel. If you happen to get a room facing the main street, then you can see your car from your room.

The Room: I stayed in a King Size No smoking room. I was pleasantly surprised how clean it was in the room. There's a desk with free snacks for you to eat. The bed was comfy but I have to make a complaint on the pillows. They were just overly stuffed. At several points in the night, I didn't even use the pillows to rest on. The bathroom was decent size and had the basic free amenities of soap and shower gel. Bathroom tub felt nice and clean.

The Service: Check-in was a breeze. Front desk was fast and efficient getting my room key.

The Food: The hotel offers a free continental breakfast but I didn't bother on going there. I wasn't too worried about getting food at the hotel because outside right next to the hotel, there's options of Mexican food and a Thai Restaurant. I ate at the Thai restaurant and found it pretty good. One of the few Thai restaurants that offer a "spicy" scale of 1-10 on how hot you want your food to be. I chose "5" and that made me sweat a little. I could only imagine a 10.

Summary: For the price I paid, which was $37/night from Expedia, this was a perfect choice for what I had to do for the day in La Mesa. I would stay in this hotel again if I had to do business in the area again.

Comments