7911 University Ave, La Mesa, CA 91941

Tags

Historical Travel Family Travel Road Trip
See Amenities
Yaqui's Profile Photo

Great comfortable, clean, and quiet room.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2014

We stayed here because it was just around the corner from the church since my sister was getting married. We would had stayed at her place, but she had a full house of guest, so I was not about to add to it. This hotel is located just around the corner from the old down town La Mesa. The room was small, yet it was clean and it smelled clean. The bed was comfortable, decor was nice and had a wonderful flat screen TV. It didn't have a view at all, but we weren't there for the view anyways:) We had the end room, so it was quiet. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The continental breakfast was weak, but the coffee was good. We were pleased with the accomodations.

JNFowler's Profile Photo

Looks clean, but infested with bedbugs!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 26, 2010

This was absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had! I checked into Travelodge, which was supposed to be a nice hotel because of a recent remodeling. I was only going to be in town for two nights for my nephew's wedding, and both nights were booked here. Everything looked and smelled nice, but around 5am the first night, I woke up because my neck and arms were itching horribly. I looked in the mirror, and I was covered with huge welts that I thought at the time were flees or mosquito bites. Pretty upset, I talked to Alex at the front desk, who was useless. Not only did he refuse to move me into a different room, he refused to refund my money for the second night’s booking, when I told him I was going to another hotel (I’m still working with Priceline to get my money back on the second night which I wasn’t in the hotel for).

Two days later when I got home, the welts were still bad and still very itchy. Because I don’t normally react this way to insect bites, I started to get concerned. I was lucky enough to get in to see my primary care doctor that afternoon, and she looked me over. She counted about forty bites on my neck, arms, back, and chest, and said they had the distinctive bite patterns of bedbugs. Aside from being disgusted, I was furious at the hotel. When I called them the next day to get my money back and tell them about what happened, whoever it was I spoke to said they could not refund me because I booked through Priceline, and insisted their hotel was clean. When I told him what my doctor said, he hung up on me!

Easily the worst hotel in the US. Not only will they still not refund my money, they refuse to let me speak to anyone in their management. Stay at your own risk!

JNFowler's Profile Photo

Looks clean, but infested with bedbugs!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 26, 2010

• Free Parking
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

La Mesa Travel Forum

Need advice about La Mesa, California? Visit the Travel Forum for La Mesa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest La Mesa hotel reviews