49-499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, California, 92253, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• SedonaDee's Profile Photo

Beautiful Grounds But Slow on Service

We visited La Quinta Resort & Spa in early April 2009 on a Business Conference. The grounds are exquisit and laden with flowers. The rooms really look like little white & blue shuttered casitas. They claims to have 41 pools & spas. Most are either lap pools or little dipping pools, but there are two big ones. One of those is by the tennis courts and the other is a pool called Fred Renker. I've never heard of a pool called "Fred", so that was cute. Only the big pool by the tennis court serves food & drinks.

Kids were plentiful at this resort and there were planned activities for them. Skateboards, Razers, & bikes are allowed on the many sidewalks around the resort. I did not use the spa, but it is supposed to be very nice.

There are a few restaurants on the grounds. One is a coffee/pastry shop. I did eat at the Adobe Grill and had a great meal with very good service, but it was pricey. The taco salad I had was $17, which is a big exorbitant, but it was good. The other restaurant, Twenty 6, I had breakfast and lunch. It was also overpriced, and the service was exceedingly slow for both of my meals, but the food was excellent once you get it.

Check-in was painful and much too slow. We showed up about 3:00 p.m. and did not get our room until 5:45 p.m. I told them that if we could not get a room immediately at that time, I needed an ironing board and iron delivered to the lobby because I had to iron a shirt for my husband, who needed to be at a business event in 15 minutes. A room showed up right away. They must not have enough cleaning staff! I have never waited so late to get a room in all my life and there were many others waiting as well.

Unique Quality: La Quinta Resort & Spa on 45-acres opened in 1926 and was a favorite of Hollywood legends like Capra, Garbo, and Gable. The main building and 29 of the casitas were made from adobe bricks and it has a lovely feeling of the old southwest.

Rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. Our room did NOT have a hair dryer, which was surprising, as I don't usually pack one when traveling anymore since most hotels have them. Many of the guest rooms & suites feature fireplaces, kitchens, & private patios.

This resort is lovely and weather was perfect. It is in a nice setting with views of the rugged, brown Santa Rosa Mountains surrounding the area. It is a great resort for tennis players and golfers. Visit their website below to see the details on those activities.

In spite of my complaints on slow service, I really did enjoy my stay here and hope that was not the norm, though it would have been nice if a staff member had just apologized for the late check-in.

Directions: La Quinta Resort & Spa is located in the town of La Quinta, CA, just a bit southeast of Palm Springs proper. It is considered part of the Greater Palm Springs area. It is between Indian Wells & Indio, CA & is located on Eisenhower Drive

• RheaM's Profile Photo

A Desert Oasis!

This is place is amazing, it is truly a desert Oasis! Located right next to Indian Wells Tennis Courts- it is in the heart of the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area.

We were lucky enough to go here on a company retreat and the rooms, service and spa were all so nice. The spa offers a multitude of spa services at industry standard prices- I was expecting really high prices because of the location and reputation. The services I received were great- but expected, what set this spa apart from others was the facility and service. The facility has the standard waiting area and locker room but a great outdoor, coed lounge area and amazing outdoor baths/showers (private). The spa technicians were all so friendly and accommodating- it was such a pleasure talking to them!

The grounds are perfectly manicured and the service is really second to none. We felt that everyone was so friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: I was surprised by the size of the resort, it was so much bigger than I expected, they claim to have over 40 pools- which just seems crazy but quite possibly true.

Also the rooms felt like tiny houses (I guess the name Casita fits!)

• thyrkas's Profile Photo

Great Spa, Plenty to do and all around great spot!

La Quinta Resort and Spa is where a group of us took a company retreat the past year. Not only were the rooms comfy, the pools were abundant across the resort (and much needed in the hot weather) and the spa was wonderful. We had a central suite where everyone could mingle and, even, sing a little karaoke!

Unique Quality: You must visit the spa when you are there. I had a facial, massage and a hot oil scalp treatment. ahhh... :)

• kailam's Profile Photo

Oasis in the Desert

Big rooms, lots of pools, a 'communal' feel as the previous tip mentions. The best part about our room was the large patio, and the tangerine trees within arm's reach. Quite a feeling to wake up in the morning, walk outside into the open desert air and pluck your breakfast from a tree. Of course they have on-site restaurants too if you're into cooked food :)

Twenty6 has great breakfast food. Azur is the high-end high-priced offering, but it is a good experience for those who like blowing money on really really good food.

My wife and I used the Spa and loved it. Staff overall was friendly and very helpful.

One gripe - apparently a lack of tips has compelled the resort to start charging 'maid service' fees of $3.00/night on your bill. I was especially irked by this because we did not have any maid service during our stay, so we paid for nothing. It would have been less of an issue if they'd have just raised the room rates 3 bucks instead.

Unique Quality: Lots of pools
    Large, open patios

• anacapa's Profile Photo

old hollywood luxury

Lovely stay. The resort is picturesque with lots of attention paid to detail. The hotel rooms are very comfortable with huge baths and bathrooms. The beds are super comfortable and you have a choice of 4-6 pillows to sleep with, some feather. The TVs were a bit outdated, but were fine. Internet access in each room, lots of hotspots around the facilities. Great service, friendly staff.

Get a casita or a room with a fireplace in the 200 number range. These are older, the casitas being oldest and most swank. We stayed in the 200 range of rooms, steps from a pool and a jacuzzi which we used daily. It was a great experience. These rooms were not as close together as other higher numbered rooms.

Unique Quality: Great in the winter time. Nothing like the desert air in winter.

Make sure you splurge on the spa. Play a round of golf. Drink bubbly in the jacuzzi.

Directions: 49-499 Eisenhower Drive
    Take the 111 to Washington, turn south towards La Quinta, right on Eisenhower and it will be on your right after Camino Fernando.

• Flyboy9MR's Profile Photo

Self-contained little village.

This feels more like a community than a hotel. I stayed at the standard units. The rooms are in clusters, and each cluster is oriented usually around a pool. So, socially very good. The rooms are decorated like homes more than hotels. Fireplace in each, wooden blinds, actual curtains, wood furniture, mini-bar, separate shower/euro size tub, etc. Good "home away from home" feel. A bit "feminine" in decor, but it's better then the drab hotels you usually get. Busy during day with maids, maintenance, etc... driving around on golf carts. Lots of people just tanning at pool and mingling.

Unique Quality: Full service Spa. Full service Tennis facility with hard, clay and grass courts! Two resort/championship golf courses - but have to drive through private neighborhoods to get there - or you can walk. And you get tee times at PGA West a few minutes away by car also! Built right under the Santa Rosa mountains! Shops in resort - just outside, there is a full mini-mall with grocery store within easy reach of resort. Parking is a bit tough to find. People in the resort are a mix of all types of people - families - but not too many kids, singles, couples, from all walks of life... the neighborhoods around the resort are a bit "snooty" - people with money - some look down their nose at the tourists visiting.

Directions: La Quinta private neighborhood just south of 111.

More about La Quinta Resort & Club

A 3-Star hotel masquerading as a 5-Star

by TripAdvisor Member saisson

I AGREE:

Nothing special- more like a 3 star hotel. The resort is quite old and the rooms are showing their age. Feels more like living in apartments than a resort. Everything was mediocre- nothing felt extraordinary. Nothing about this place impressed me- next time I will opt for something else. Absolutely not worth the money.

The grounds are gorgeous and if you're a golfer you might like it. Spa services were nothing spectacular and neither was the housekeeping. Rooms are reminiscent of a Residence Inn.

Note: We were in a La Quinta suite. They are newer BUT,
They are being sold as condo units with the buyers allowing the hotel to rent them out and manage them. I suspect the resort is in financial trouble. If it's any consolation the Rancho Mirage resort is worse.

Simply the Best the Desert Has to Offer ...

by TripAdvisor Member dcbarg1974

I just can't understand those who have written poor reviews of what is one of America's finest resorts in my view. I don't write many reviews, don't fancy myself a travel expert and don't get my jollies by being a sourpuss about places I've visited -- I'm just an average professional guy who wants to give credit where credit is due. And the folks at La Quinta deserve it in spades.

The place simply oozes character -- as an earlier reviewer noted, it is set in the early Mexican style and the grounds and our room were just perfectly appointed. Lush greens and grass, growing fruit trees, and well manicured bushes are the standard. Our room -- a garden casita -- was more like a mini-condo (minus the refrigerator), with an enormous main room (complete with Mexican-style accents, a gas burning fireplace, and a front stoop), and a huge bathroom (including two sinks, a large bathtub and a large separate shower enclosed by transparent plastic). Each of the garden casitas is set within a little cloister community of casitas, and each little "community" has its own heated pool (for the winter months) and hot tub. We spent many nights swimming with the steam rising around us -- very romantic.

The resort is also enormous. I was able to take advantage of one of the six courses well-known to those who know anything about golf and got to play along with some members who live at La Quinta and were able to tell me the history of the place. We both used the spa and had a wonderful time. The shopping (I am told) is also quite good, and each of the staff members were very nice to us. You also have to eat at the Adobe Grill -- it might be the best Mexican I've had.

We will definitely be back!!

Overrated, overpriced

La Quinta is located in one of the most beautiful settings I have ever seen, but a 4-5 star resort this is not, despite the beautiful grounds/surroundings. You get the feeling that at one time this was a top-notch resort that has been resting on its laurels for some time now.

The problems started at check-in, when the front desk attendant could not find our reservation in the system. That issue was eventually settled, but as we went back to our car, there was no one to help us with our bags which included suitcases and heavy golf clubs. We were instead told we could drive to our room. The only problem with that theory was the parking, or lack thereof. Arriving back at the resort any time after 3:00pm meant parking as far as 1/4 mile down the road from our room.

The two restaurants on site, both the steak house and Mexican restaurant were extremely overpriced. We were served Chili's/Applebees quality food for $30-40/plate - and the service was very slow.

The housekeeping was ok, but they on average showed up between 5-6:30pm to clean the room which in my opinion is just unacceptable. The room itself was just nothing special - comparable to what you'd expect in a $100-200/night hotel, not a $350/night luxury resort. Furnishings were somewhat outdated, and the showerhead was on level with my shoulders (I'm 5'11") - making it akward to wash my hair. It didn't help when we woke up with no hot water one morning - a situation that was not remedied for hours. The Westin in LA was much much better at $169/night.

The last straw was the bad directions back to LAX given to us by the front desk - causing us to almost miss our flight as we were misguided into the Hollywood hills before realizing we had been led astray.

It appeared that there was a clear division of some areas of the resort. We were in the casita rooms closer to the golf course. Walking over to the tennis/spa area there were private and semi-private pools and verandas in each unit - which seemed to have been more recently updated and just all-around nicer.

This was my first time to Palm Springs, and the next time I go, I'll be looking for a better experience in the desert.

Liked it

We had a good stay at La Quinta in a deluxe Casita which was a nice but not a great room with a large bathroom seperate shower and tub.

The many seperate buildings are all in a courtyard setting with a pool in every one some bigger then others.It is very peaceful and nice to just lounge around the pool without crowds(at least while we were there)

Food and service in Morgans for dinner was good and expensive.

I would stay here again it beats the hustle and bustle of some of the chain hotels in the area.

Palm Springs and La quinta

by amitepankaj1975

Hi
I shall be travelling to La Quinta on 16th april for a conference. I want to arrange for an accommodation in Palm Springs and travel to La quinta by bus as there are no cheap hotels in La Quinta. Please advise me regarding the bus service and how can I reach my hotel (Travel Lodge, Canyon Drive, Palm Springs) from the airport and from my hotel to La Quinta Resort in La Quinta.
Thanks