Best Western Laguna Brisas Spa

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Laguna Brisas Spa

A great vacation!

by TripAdvisor Member Mickeyone

We stayed at the Laguna Brisas Hotel & Spa for a week and enjoyed every bit of our stay. The room was very nice and everything was so clean.
The front desk helped us get around and yes you are only 99 steps to the
beach. Laguna Beach is very clean & I felt safe walking around at night.
The Brisas also has a nice parking garage, in Laguna the parking can
be tight. We will be back next year.

Good Deal

Used trip advisor to find the place. Here's my review. Clean - that's always important. Very handy to the beach - 99 steps is probably true. Needs new mattresses. Continental breakfast is the bare minimum but fed the kids fine. Has a nice view from the balcony. Would definitely return. Found the best price and availability on bestwestern. Have fun!

Beautiful, Laid Back Beach Hotel

This hotel is a wonderful little place pretty much right in the middle of things. Parking is easy. Checking in was quick. Rooms are clean and new. Bathtub is fabulous, do not forget to use the jetted tub, it is huge! The beach is right across the street, maybe 200 feet, and you can get an ocean view from the hotel if your on the top floor or the right side. The beach across the street is pretty private, not too many people, and to the left side of the beach there is a little tunnel you walk through that leads you to some great tidepools with lots of little sea critters to look at. This hotel was worth more than what they charge for it. Pool is a little small, but the hot tub is very nice. Great place to stay. Will definetely stay there again when I go back, and I usually like to try out new places!

Overbooked and left with no room!

We booked our room 6 weeks in advance through Best Western's website. We received our confirmation but upon checking in, they did not have a room for us! They never told us when we booked, but apparently they were already booked but took our reservation and gave us a confirmation in hopes that someone else would cancel. We were very upset and they were not accommodating at all (poor customer service). They tried to put us up in a hotel that was farther from Main Beach and not comparable. We were very angry and luckily got into the Inn at Laguna Beach which was fabulous. We wrote a letter to BW Laguna Brisas with no response, however, BW International's customer service rep followed up with customer satisfaction and when they heard what happened and that the hotel did not take care of us, they paid for one of our nights at the Inn at Laguna Beach, which was very nice of them. So if you book here, call and confirm that you really have a room!

A Wonderful Moderately Priced Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MusicMama

I selected this hotel property on Expedia before hearing about trip advisor. Expedia rated it well, and just before we left for our weekend in Laguna Beach, noticed that trip advisor rated it pretty well, also. It's a cute little property right on PCH. Good location, within walking distance to coffee houses, restaurants, shopping. We did not select the balcony "view" rooms, as we typically don't spend a lot of time in a hotel room. I was glad we didn't pay extra for the view, as the "view" is of PCH and the buildings across the street. You can see the ocean somewhat. Street traffic noise is fairly substantial. The room was comfortable, loved the jacuzzi tub! Rooms have been recently renovated, so they are very nice and clean. Had limited contact with the front desk, but they were friendly upon check-in. Hotel parking is a covered garage with easy accessibility in an area where street parking costs 25 cents for 15 minutes. Hotel is a great choice for the area. One of the best "Best Western" properties we've ever experienced.

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member TravelGal415

This hotel is a steal for the price. The rooms are consistently clean and comfortable. Not the friendliest staff, and not really any amenities, but worth every penny for the in-room spas and location. I have tried other hotels in the Laguna Beach area with similar price tags, and this is by far my favorite.

Left hotel because of intolerable room and service

by TripAdvisor Member lucy6232

This was a trip that was planned weeks in advance as a birthday gift for a friend. I went to great lengths to tell the reservation woman that I wanted an ocean view if not that then the pool or garden and a room with two double or queen beds.
We arrived at hotel -- room not ready. Came back two hours later (approx. 4:30). My friend and I walked into to our room and simutaneoulsly said "where's the window?" This room was like a cave. We did find the window opened the shutters and had a beautiful view of the STAIRS! Not only that the smelled like it had been spayed with an entire can of some type of room freshener to cover up past smoke.
I went directly to the front desk -- to make a VERY long story short... they would not change our room -- would not comp. our room, had to call general mangager at home that was possibly the rudist foreign man I have ever spoken to who clearly was not going to listen to anything a woman had to say. At 5:00 I went back to the "hole" and from 5:00 until 6:15 used our AAA book to find some hotel that had a room for the night. All comprable hotels (three or four diamonds) were booked from John Wayne airport down to Dana Point where my girlfriend was referred by another Marriott to a WONDERFUL Marriott called the Dana Point Laguna Cliffs Marriott Hotel. I by that time had a migraine as I have an illness in which overpowering smells (like the room spray) sets of Lupus headaches and sometimes siezures. At the point my friend was complaining I knew I had to get out of there as I have know her for over 30 years and she RARELY complains but she wanted out also.
I called my credit card as the hotel had already reported my reservation to them they told me to leave the hotel and the Laguna Brisas could not charge. I went to the front dest requesting a ripped up receipt or a letter stated I hadn't stayed there. The idiot that was still working the desk said he could not do that and there was nothing he could think to give me. Needless to say NEVER would I recommend this hotel to anyone especially if they are handicapped like me or just want to have a nice birthday get away. These were the rudist most inept clerks with no control (every boss was "gone for the day") or knowledge of what to do. Also, after wasting over two hours of our short getaway my anger was so strong that it was pure pleasure when the girl at Dana Point Marriott gave us a wonderful upgraded, ocean view (although by now it was dark) room. Please DO NOT give these people your business it was plainly clear that there were some "cultural" and "sexist" issues going on demonstrated by the tone and manner I was talked to and treated.
By the way-- this hotel is from the AAA book -- they will also be notified is greater detail of everything that went on -- three diamonds might not be listed for too much longer.

Beware of Rooms & Service

I arrived Thanksgiving Eve to Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel, which is just another two star Best Western will a spa tub! They gave the worsen room they had. The room smelled of vomit and alcohol; and the walls were paper thin. I could not sleep because I could hear the couple in the next room going at it all night long. I asked for a another room, but they would not make the change. The next morning the house keeper showed me a better room, I asked to be changed and was denied. I asked for discount and they refused! Don't stay here, pay more and stay at the Surf and Sand, Ritz ot Montage. Don't stay at the dives on PCH, they will just mess up your vacation. Pay the $100 more and get the vacation you need and deserve.

Great value, Great location

by TripAdvisor Member SanFranFam

I was raised in the Orange County area, so needless to say I have very high expectations and knowledge of the local beach communities.

We were looking for a "meeting place" for a small family get together, and wanted something pretty affordable.

The Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel is a steal. It it right across PCH from great beaches. It is very clean, and for less than $120/night we had a full size spa and small balcony with slight ocean view. Also, there was free continental breakfast every morning. They even have a decent pool and jacuzzi area w/ two sun decks. Free covered parking too.

I would stay here again for sure. When you are in a beautiful place like Laguna Beach, and simply need an affordable place to lay your head, stay here!

If you are looking for room service, 5 star accomodations, or cable TV...this is not the best place to stay.

Nice Place....

by TripAdvisor Member dpat17

Great location and excellent service! We had a wonderful side view of the ocean and a large room. The traffic noise from PCH (right in front of hotel) is some what annoying... but larger rooms and proximity overcame this issue. I would try them again...

Vertigo Home Laguna BeachVertigo Home Laguna Beach

Vertigo Home Laguna BeachVertigo Home Laguna Beach

Shaws Cove in Laguna BeachShaws Cove in Laguna Beach

View of the Canyon from the Alta Laguna ParkView of the Canyon from the Alta Laguna Park

Shops on Forest

by donnalk

I love Laguna Beach. This will be my 3rd trip to your wonderful town!!! I'm bringing my best friend Pam this time, she's never been to California!!!

I am trying to remember the name of a store on Forest. It's the second store from the corner on the south side of the street next to the candy (?) store, with blue and white paint on it. It is some kind of clothing store where I got a tie dyed LB sweat shirt 2 years ago. Can anyone help me with the name of the store? I absolutely love Fawn Memories too and will be ready to shop when we get there!!

Thanks,
Donna

by travelgourmet

If sweat shirts are involved then it might be the Cotton Place. See their website: http://www.cottonplace.com

by usatravels

Hi

It may be either;

Cotton Place‎ thecottonplace.com‎

Crazy Shirts Inc‎ crazyshirts.com‎

Regards

by usatravels

Hi,

I think the name of the Candy Store is "Candy Baron" at 231 Forest Ave, Laguna Beach

Regards

by orcoastgirl

It may be Crazy Shirts, I love that store and Laguna Beach. We have also been 3 times in the past couple of years, our last stay was this past 4th of July weekend, we braved the crowds and stayed at the Laguna Reef across from the Montage where we have also stayed. Where are your favorite places to dine in Laguna? :)

by travelgourmet

Crazy Shirts is on Coast Hwy. Cotton Place is on Forest, next to Candy Baron and also has the blue and white paint. Ergo; Cotton Place must be da place.

Comments