Casa Laguna Inn And Spa

2510 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, California, 92651, United States
Casa Laguna Inn & Spa
Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Casa Laguna Inn And Spa

They thought of everthing...

by TripAdvisor Member UniqueFan

We really enjoyed our stay at Casa Laguna! The attention to detail is incredible. Every time I thought "it would be nice if", the item was there. I was in the Jacuzzi and I thought, "candles would be nice"...there they were...right on the wall! The CD playing in the room on arrival is a very nice touch as well as the fruit, bottled water, soaps, etc. I would (and have already) given the website to several people. Casa Laguna made the "top two" list of highlights during my 10 days in California!

Self-contained paradise

by TripAdvisor Member jchboss

Our recent stay at the Casa Laguna Inn was excellent. We have stayed at B&B across the U.S. and this was one of the best. Wonderful place to unwind after experiencing LA traffic. There is even a secluded public beach within walking distance.

Sure it is located on a busy road, but the owners and staff make sure that once you cross the threshold you are in a self-contained paradise. Eating a delicious breakfast by the pool overlooking the Pacific, enjoying an evening glass of wine on the perfectly manicured terrace, or spending time in the cozy, immaculate rooms makes the outside word quickly slip away. All needs have been anticipated.

Visit their website. Casa Laguna is even better than it appears.
A special note of thanks to Jimmy who was so helpful with directions and information. The owners must treat the employees well because all seem very happy and proud of their contributions.

Delicious breakfast, great views, cozy b&b!

by TripAdvisor Member PAP179

My fiance and I loved our stay @ the Casa Laguna Inn. The breakfasts were delicious. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The beds were SO comfortable! Just be sure to get a room with a full-sized tub - we were unaware that we'd be getting a shower stall but we made do. Also, it is not within walking distance to downtown Laguna - but it is a very short drive.
Great place - perfect for a short romantic getaway. Would definitely stay again!
Paid $189/nite - Free parking

A Stay in Paradis

by TripAdvisor Member JRGK

After many hours pouring through travel guides and articles I decided on Casa Laguna based on the reviews I read here on TripAdvisor. It was even better that I could have imagined. No detail is left unattended. Everything from the music playing in our room as we arrived to the sumptuous breakfasts was perfect. It was like stepping back in time. Every comfort and need are provided for and the location is perfect. The only bad part was coming home. I would stay here again in a minute and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very special and intimate place.

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member Write2atl

We stayed in the Cottage at Casa Laguna for three nights last fall, prior to its recent rennovation. Our stay there was the highlight of our Southern California vacation, and we wish we'd have budgeted more time there. The Cottage has a completely private entrance and is separated from the other rooms--a definite plus. The private deck is positively huge and a is great place to spend relaxing hours, looking over the pool and beautiful grounds, out toward the Pacific. The bed was wonderful and all the furnishings very tasteful. Breakfasts were quite good and the staff very friendly and helpful. Our only complaint was the noise from the highway. That, and the fact that we weren't in walking distance to restaurants, were the sole reminders that we weren't in paradise.

Perfect anniversary getaway

My husband and I spent our 1st anniversary weekend at Casa Laguna Inn and we were very pleased! The pictures on their website DO NOT do the property and it's views justice! Once you step foot on the property, your visual sense is overwhelmed with the beauty of the entire place.

We stayed in The Cottage. I believe it is the inn's largest "room". The decor was so clean and fresh. We loved its privacy, large deck and very the spaciousness of it all. There's a cute little foyer with fireplace, a sitting area complete with pullout couch and TV, a kitchenette with every amenity and the bedroom with it's king-sized bed was great! The best part about The Cottage was the large claw-footed jacuzzi tub and steam shower! Talk about relaxation!! I'm bummed I forgot to take it's picture!

The food and service was excellent. We took advantage of the 5-7 wine and cheese hours as well as morning gourmet breakfast with everything from omelettes to bagels to cereal and crepes! (YUM YUM!)

Overall, we loved the place and would definitely recommend and return.

Overrated I'm afraid

Just got back from a weekend stay at Casa Laguna. I have to honestly say that Trip Advisor was the deciding factor that influenced my choice to stay at this B&B. My rating is a solid 3star. The location, room size, and front desk definetely prevent it from receiving a higher rating. I am afraid fellow reviewers have been way too kind to this B&B. Very suprising seeing that they are usually right on.

Well here it goes:

PRO's
Great breakfast
decent view/somewhat obstructed
comfortable bed

CON's
location (nothing is within walking outside of the beach.) You will have to drive to eat anywhere decent or to shop.

No assistance with luggage

Non attentive front desk

Extremely small rooms and stall shower that I could barely turn around in.

High speed didn't work.

Limited parking. I had to park on the main street.

All in all it is not a bad place by any means but the notion that it ideserves anything higher than it's 3 star rating is just not true.

Do yourself a favor and find a hotel closer to downtown. While your there enjoy some great Mexican food at Javiers Cantina and don't miss Pagent of the Masters if your there JUL/AUG

Great Inn! Staff! Grounds!

CASA LAGUANA is just a short get-a-way for us! But truly a great one.

The Innkeeper and staff make each guest feel most welcome and take care of the most minute requests.

Rooms are unique----so spend a bit of time picking one to your fancy.
~Room with an ocean view for our first time; just fabulous.
~Second time we stayed in a room with an partial ocean view, but promoted because of the patio and chimnea. What a charm!

Guests are friendly; grounds are kept to a tee; pool is sparkling; breakfast is OK; but the staff is first rate to each and every guest!!

CHEERS to the CASA LAGUANA Innkeeper and team!

Best travels,

DON C. JELEN
SAN DIEGO, CA
jelen@cox.net

Excellent service. Good value

Lots of "freebies" included in the rate:
1) high speed internet in the room -- didn't work with my laptop so used computer in business center (but only opened until 10pm).
2) local and toll free calls. actually you can't call long distance without buying a phone card from the front desk.
3) awesome made to order hot breakfast entree. choose from 6-7. the chef is brillant.
4) free 2 bottles of water each day.
5) nice swimming pool. heated. never crowded.
6) great value -- yes, the place is 1.5 miles south of main st. Laguna Beach but only a quick 5 minute ride. roughly 60-70% price that of more centrally located places.
7) free use of beach umbrella and chairs -- take and use them on the main Laguna Beach

the negatives
1) only got one bar on my cell phone (cingular). no reception in the room.
2) room is as advertised -- with dvd, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, enormous comfy kind size bed but definitely smaller than expected. i suspect most rooms are "comfy" as oppose to spacious.
3) the place is situated on the Pacific Coast Highway and there's definitely a lot of traffic. You can hear the traffic but when we were in our room, we didn't hear a thing.

overall great value for money. get great 5 star quality service for a fraction of the price.

Charming with great character

by TripAdvisor Member DeeEstuary

Richard and Viv Smith, Wirral, England. Stayed early June 2005.
What a charming little place, full of character! Staff were very friendly, our room had a private patio with an ocean view. We had a nice big whirlpool bath which we both enjoyed although the room itself was a bit small. The grounds were lovely, full of little nooks and crannys with water features, unusual ceramics on the walls, and the pool area was very nice. We enjoyed the evening cheese and wine with some nice salad and sauce, and breakfast was very good.
The Inn is close to the highway but we didn't even notice it during the night. The location is great for the beaches being within easy walking distance of Victoria beach, Moss beach and Woods Cove - all lovely.

Comments