Laguna Beach Hotels

Our Members Say

• Dsherwoodadco profile photo Dsherwoodadco

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Seven4one: Laguna's worst!

All we can say is USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Don't even bother reading the small print it does NOT matter and one thing is for certain, DO NOT take what the Managers say nor their e-mails as confirmed and in order. Awful service and even worse follow-up service!

Great location, that's about it!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 19, 2011

• rsdmom profile photo rsdmom

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Seven4one: FANTASTIC Hotel SEVEN4One!!!!

I wish to remove previous complaint. I apologize deeply for the misunderstanding. This is a 5 STAR HOTEL in every sense of the word! The service is exceptional, the Hotel is amazing, and the price for a wedding venue is WELL below any others we had checked into. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!!! 5 stars......absolutely NO complaints!!!!!!!!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written August 13, 2010

• rsdmom profile photo rsdmom

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Seven4one: BEWARE!

This hotel was perfect for our wedding venue. But beware of the help they offer you. Make sure to get EVERYTHIING in writing. Do not take their word at face value. We were offered a large discount if rooms were rented the night before our venue. We tried to rent rooms, but the hotel was reserved for another private party, so they would not let us reserve rooms. Long story short....their word against ours.....they did not honor the discount. BEWARE!!!

It is a great place for a wedding. Prices are very good compared to other places. It is a beautiful place with an excellent staff. The service is great!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written August 12, 2010

• TheTravelerGuy profile photo TheTravelerGuy
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Seven4one: Junky Neighborhood

It's not a quiet hotel and looks great in the pictures, but once you get there, you see that just outside any door is a trashy neighborhood with crammed traffic and less than spectacular views of the alley way and trash.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written October 24, 2009

• davequ profile photo davequ
  • Reviews: 626

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Eiler's Inn CLOSED - Reopened as "Seven4One": My old hangout, now a PRIVATE boutique Hotel

UPDATE: Eiler's is CLOSED - Has reopened as a very upscale PRIVATE "Concierge Boutique Hotel" with a new name Seven4One. Sadly it is no longer open to the public.
"Sand Valets," an onsite gourmet chef, the whole shot, specializing in private events (weddings, screenings, corporate events etc)
Here is the website - very chic (xlated "expensive")

As this is my fave place to stay in Laguna, I will check Seven4One out.
Please also let me know if you do.- Will add info as I get it, here are some tripadvisor Seven4One reviews

Seven4One owner's new contact info:
Daniel Sussman
Hotel Seven4one
741 So Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
949.494.6200

and I'm leaving my old tip below for now as personal nostalgia.Eiler's was an excellent bed&breakfast right on the beach.

Eiler's Inn (originally the Cliff Hotel) was where I stayed for a couple of months when as a kid I first ran away to Laguna Beach 40 years ago.
(Eilers namesake was the kind and friendly greeter Eiler Larsen that I used to see walking through town back then).

I just stayed here again in fall '03 and I thought it was very comfortable.

It was a pleasant surprise to find it was still there and now a very comfortable and extremely well-run bed&breakfast.

I loved it and I highly recommend a stay here. I will probably always stay at Eiler's / Seven4One or whatever is at this location. Good luck to previous owners Linda & Chaz.

It is right at the top of the Cleo St. steps that lead down to a small beach.

An open garden/courtyard was where you can sit and take meals and listen to the small fountain in the garden accompanied by the waves breaking on the beach below or chat with owners and other guests. Very informal and comfortable.

A great terrace off the 2nd floor rooms has a beautiful view of the beach and Catalina island for watching the sun go down.

All different types of clean and tastefully furnished rooms with a large deck/patio that faces the beach. They also have parking in the rear of the hotel (a precious commodity by the beach).

Historical trivia: Timothy Leary lived here for a short time, and Freddy Kruger (actor Robert Englund) pops in from time to time (out of character thank god) to say hello.

Linda & Chaz, the couple that ran it were good people. Thanks guys, good luck& I'll be back soon I hope.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written November 17, 2004
Tip Photo

My old hangout has gone upscale and private

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful