Pacific Edge Hotel

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

647 South Coast Highway, (formerly Vacation Village), Laguna Beach, California, 92651, United States
Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 97% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Pacific Edge Hotel

Its not the Ritz its just a wonderful family atmosphere

I can't believe any of these bad reviews. Look, Vacation Village isn't the Ritz, its just your basic family resort. ITS the only hotel in Laguna that is affordable to your "average Joe". ITS CLEAN, ITS ON THE OCEAN, caters to families with kids and is in the "heart" of the Laguna Village. They have FREE air hockey, fuseball, and pig pong for the kids. They've got great beach service that provides chairs, umbrellas, and towel service. Our family has come every year for the past 15 years and we've only experienced nothing less than wonderful.
If want fancy pay your $500 fee at the Montage.

What a dump!!!!!

Checked out pronto the next morning so as not to loose deposit. Built in 1968; appears hasn't been remodeled since 1968. The basic king room was small; dirty, stained carpets, bathroom smelled of mold & mildew. Elevator had cat urine in it; heavily sprayed w/carpet cleaner to disguise odor. Couldn't get outta this dump fast enough!!! Only positives - ocean side & friendly staff. Checked in across the street @ the Holiday Inn Laguna Beach (wonderful place).

Worst place I've ever seen

I was shocked when we saw our room. It was dirty, depressing...I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It felt very unsafe, poor lock, no deadbolt, broken fire alarm with ear splitting sound, weird guy in the next room. No elevator to our room. Loud refrigerator, dripping water in bathroom. I RAN next door to the Holiday Inn and literally begged in tears to find space for us. Their broom closet would have been better.

Great location and staff,but really needs cleaning!!

by TripAdvisor Member northernCaJetster

We booked Vacation Village for a family get-away,and after arriving and seeing our rooms,we wanted to get as far away as possible!It's a shame to have such a wonderful location and staff and then ruin the whole experiance becouse the carpets and furniture are SO FILTHY!How the managment could ignore such a problem is beyond me!!You could stay across the street at the Holiday Inn and walk to the beach in a minute or two,thats what I will do in the future.

Average 5 trips a year to this hotel

Vacation Village is a small hotel. The staff is friendly and efficient. Once you park your car you can walk the entire village w/o moving it again. The balconies of the Reef wing over look the Pacific Ocean. Waves break right below you.

If you want opulence go down Pacific Coast HWY a few more miles. If you want location, basic amenities, ocean views and access for an affordable price, still, you want VV.

Best location in Laguna

I'm from So. Cal and visit as often as possible. We always stay at the Vacation Village when we bring our kids (we have 5) and it's great. Adjoining rooms, 4 beds, kitchen, two bathrooms. The rooms are very dated and the beds aren't very comfortable but it's alway clean. The price is unbeatable, especially considering its beachfront! Grocery store across the street and close to everything, we almost never use our rental car.
If you are in Laguna for a special occasion, I'd definitely recommend the Inn at Laguna, we stay when we are in Laguna without kids. Gorgeous, lush, very expensive but worth it for a romantic weekend.

Not the Montage, but it's the same beach!

by TripAdvisor Member canubelieveit

I'm from Irvine (7 miles from Laguna), but my friend from San Diegoo and I run away from our kids once a year. September, 2004, we stayed here. Everyone's right about it not being nice and new. DEFINITELY not the Montage, but you can't beat the beach access. Nice chairs and umbrellas. We had to search for someone to help us get chairs, though. We had no beach view from our room, but we did have a full fridge and a kitchenette...kinda handy. Studio room with a very old bathroom and the carpet had seen much better days...we might stay here again just for the beach access and the proximity to our favorite place for margaritas; Javier's!

Vacation Village Rocks Laguna!! unbeatable location and price

Vacation Village is my childrens favorite. They enjoy the pools and the beach. It is walking distance to all of the food and the toy store. If you have a family with kids, why stay at the Montage anyhow, unless you have money to toss away! They have rooms with and without kitchens, we stay in the suite. in the summer there is a beach boy in the off season all I had to do is dial 0 and they brought me chairs. The carpet in my room was fine, brand new, not filthy like the other trip advisor comments, those commentaries must be a plug for Holiday inn!!! If you want location at a unbeatable price, go to vacation village...If you want Montage or Holiday inn at a vacation Villge price, you are out of luck!!

Disappointed - maybe I didn't ask for the right room

by TripAdvisor Member yallani

I visited Vacation Village based upon a friend's recommendation and after checking the comments here at TripAdvisor. My friend and her husband stayed in an oceanfront room (suite?) at Vacation Village just a month or so before I did. Because I was going as a single, I decided to forego the "fancy" suite situation with the high price tag and opted for a less expensive one. My room was located next to the Pacific Coast Highway with extensive traffic noise. They were not able to find a different room for me when I asked unless I wanted to upgrade to the Suite level. So, I stayed hoping to make the best of it. Then came the scratchy towels and a broken phone so that I couldn't call for service. It rained on one of the days I was there, so getting help would have meant a trek to the office through the rain. No HBO to spend time in the room. The beach was nice but left the bottoms of my feet black with oil. The bathroom was small and had no area to put anything such as toiletries. It reminded me of an R.V. size shower (no tub). It did have a small refrigerator which was the highlight of the stay. I just know that I won't ever go back.

Dirty but good views

My cousin, her husband and two kids stayed here last summer. I visited them there and they were totally grossed out! They rooms were dirty, so was the bedding, and it smelled bad. They were so grossed out that they made their kids play on a small mat to avoid touching anything. They were not allowed off of the mat because they thought everything else in the room would be too dirty. They were referred by a friend to go there and were totally horrified! However,there was a large deck out in the back of the hotel and the waves were close-by it was nice.

Accommodation/Nightlife/ Tips?

by yozza2005

Hey.
I'm planning a little trip from San Diego up the west coast commencing in about two weeks time.
I've heard some good things about Laguna Beach from some people i met whilst traveling around Australia.
I have a few questions however.

Can anyone recommend a 'cheap' place to stay in Laguna? Do they have a hostel?
What is the nightlife like in the area? I'm planning on staying around for two to three days.
What are transport links like? Can I reach Huntington with ease by bus?

Any other tips would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance.

Yoz :]

Re: Accommodation/Nightlife/ Tips?

by usatravels

Hello

No hostels on Laguna Beach or near

Expect to pay around $90-100 per room Laguna Beach Ocean-Side (Tourist Class) or $65-80 In-Land (Tourist Class)

This Ocean-Side hotel "VACATION VILLAGE LAGUNA BEACH" is listed on most sites at
$90 per room Sept

Laguna Beach Tram; The trams are free and run non-stop between downtown and the parking lot.

Laguna Beach has been made famous by the MTV television show of the same name, but it still manages to retain its artsy, laid-back vibe.

Art

Each summer, it hosts the Pageant of the Masters, where paintings by artistic "masters" are brought to life by actors. Come check out the tableaux vivant.
Each summer, the Festival of the Arts displays artwork by the best local artists on the grounds in Laguna Canyon. The artwork is all for sale.
The Laguna Art Museum is a fun museum overlooking the ocean. The permanent exhibit features artwork by California artists.
Beach

Laguna Beach is beautiful and sun-kissed. Play in the waters, lay on the beach, shop the galleries, see working artists, visit the Pacific Marine Mammal Center, Laguna Playhouse and book a room overlooking the ocean. The Laguna TidePools are a great place to see wildlife in its natural setting.

Laguna Night Life

Best wishes

Re: Accommodation/Nightlife/ Tips?

by usatravels

Hello

You might wont to checkout Priceline.com, and name a sensible price

Best wishes