The Tides Inn - Laguna Beach

460 N Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, California, 92651, United States
The Tides Inn
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Laguna Beach

Diane Armitage doin' what she does bestDiane Armitage doin' what she does best

Vertigo Home Laguna BeachVertigo Home Laguna Beach

Wave Crashing at a rocky point in Shaws CoveWave Crashing at a rocky point in Shaws Cove

A Rocky Cove in LagunaA Rocky Cove in Laguna

Laguna Hills Lodge - anyone been here?

by explorer50uk

Hello,

Has any used this hotel? the hotel looks great on the website, we wanted to go to the beach and just do some general shopping and sightseeingin this area before our cruise. We will have a car. Wanted a hotel or rental on the beach but they were way more than we wanted to pay, its a long trip from Scotland!! Any advice would be appreciated or sggestions for another place closer to the beach.

Thanks

by Roadquill

The Laguna Hills Lodge is not close to the beach. Inland many miles. When we go down to Laguna we stay at the Laguna Riviera (http://www.lagunariviera.com/)
It is a throwback to the 60's (somewhat upgraded), there is a pool, many rooms over look the beach, EZ walking down to the town center, either down PCH or the beach. Right across the street is the Holiday Inn, (http://www.hilagunabeach.com/) which is surprisingly nice. Not on the beach but the pricing can be better. Karl

by ViajesdelMundo

No, I have not been to the Laguna Hills Lodge, but know just where it is, as we lived nearby for many yrs, and it is well situated for shopping, with easy access to the main Freeway-I5 (Interstate 5).

you don't mention your timeframe, so I did not spend time looking at comparing rates with the alternative mentioned, "Laguna Riviera", but their websiteis excellent and the hotel looks most charming, so that could well be a good alternative if the tarrif suits.

If not, you could look at an area that is a few miles further south, but might be better priced than an address with 'LAGUNA' on it, as that is pretty much top area; and that would be Capistrano Beach area and I see one called Seaside Inn, which looks good: http://www.caposeasideinn.com/

but if you want to look more in that area, just GOGGLE: Capistrano Beach hotels

obviously, summer months are the highest priced and I notice that some of them have specials for International travelers, as well as shoulder season.

by Odinnthor

Eh, sorry VM, but the Seaside Inn in Capistrano is one of the 10 World's Dirtiest Hotels. IN THE WORLD!! The list was on our Home Page......and is on TripAdvisor for all to see......d:o/

Laguna Hills is nowhere near the beach. However Roadquil's suggestion is a good one.

Sorry VM, your advise is always so good, you are allowed one faux pais.....d:o)

by ViajesdelMundo

i DO not, CAN not, and WILL not be able to read evry darn thing written on the internet!! it should hv bn obvious fr my response that I was just looking at one that came up for Capistrano Beach, I was NOT recommending it or said I had been there, but was trying to be helpful; but it was not a 'faux pas', but just an uninformed bit of info and I am very glad, Erik, that you knew better and could pass on this good info for all of us!!
GRACIAS!

by Odinnthor

I am sorry VM, - I meant no harm.
I know you were just trying to help. You made it clear that you did not know the hotel personally. No worries.......d:o)

I apologize if I offended you. I would not want to do that. I have learned a lot from you in the past, and hope to continue to do so.

by ViajesdelMundo

no, NO offense taken Eric, and sorry if I sounded that way; just making my point. (I am so glad that you were there with alternative good info.)

:~))

Travel Tips for Laguna Beach

Change Needed and Available

by cnango

In Laguna parking is one the biggest challenges.First finding places and also the fact that a lot of the parking is not free.The meters take quarters. But the good news is there are lots of change machines in town. Also some shops display signs welcoming you to come in and get change, no purchase is neccessary ! Wow, now that really is a nice change from the norm !!!

Check out Heisler Park and...

by Ride_On

Check out Heisler Park and watch the sunset over
Catalina Island. Visits with my brother. 4th of July celebration
on the main beach. Top of the world.

Laguna a Place of Contrasts

by cnango

From the clutter of manmade houses perched on the hills vying for the best views to the beautiful natural coves below, Laguna is a place of contrasts. Such a beautiful natural spot (if you can ignore all the build up above). At least the houses are set back from the beach, low rise and nestled with native bush.

Also due to new stricter public access laws and more parking areas being developed, I'm really happy that the general public can now enjoy this majestic part of the coastline in Laguna which used to be unaccessable to non-residents for the latter part of the 20th Century. There are still a lot of gaurd gate communities surrounding some of the best coves but progress (for the general public) is happening and it is not legal to own the beach in California.

Cleanest beaches in the USA?!

by davequ

After reading a sad article this morning about how polluted a lot of America's beaches have become,
I was pleased to at least see that Laguna Beach had some of the cleanest beaches in the country. Reference was this this article here culled from a 2009 report by the Natural Resources Defense Council.

Without too much dry boring info (read the report) most of the cooties come from control or more likely LACK of control of rain runoff that scoops up sewage (yum!) and other disgusting goodies from land and deposits them in the sand we all like to play in.

At any rate, if you read the report, you find most of Laguna's beaches rating a "5" (best / cleanest possible rating) with only the main right outside the Hotel Laguna getting a "4" (still excelllent).

No, I don't work for the Laguna COC, but I was very happy to read that nowadays you can still do whatever it is you like to do in the sand of Laguna's beaches, coves and tidepools without having to sweat what is happening to your health.

As long as I'm prostituting myself, just for grins here is a video from the Laguna Beach Chamber of Commerce here

Take in Art + Beach in One

by marinarena

Great art and ocean go hand-in-hand everyday in Laguna Beach where one take in awesome beach views and explore an array of art styles- either as a painting, sculpture, or in whichever form in museums, galleries and outdoors.

Here's an artist at work right by the shoreline.

Comments