Lassen Volcanic National Park Hotels

• Basaic profile photo Basaic
  • Reviews: 7790

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Various: Lodging While Visiting Lassen

There is no lodging available in the main part of the park (although my good VT friend JessieLang said there used to be when she lived nearby), but there is the Drakesbad Resort in the Southern part of the park. To get there from the main part of the park you would have to go south along California Highway 89 to California Highway 36 to Chester then north into Marner Valley. I did not stay here but I stayed one night each at a decent Motel 6 in Redding(sorry, no photo) and a nice Super 8 in Susanville.

The ratings are for the Super 8 in Susanville.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip, National/State Park
  • Written September 22, 2012
Tip Photo

Super 8 Susanville

• soulanjuli profile photo soulanjuli
  • Reviews: 19

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Child's Meadow Resort: Laundry, restaurant, friendly folks on site

I unexpectedly got a Friday off, so at 3a.m. Friday morning, we decided to go to Lassen Volcanic National Park!

We had no reservations for any of the lodges near Lassen. While on route, we called several of them, but all rooms were booked. We felt defeated, but decided to soldier on. We figured, we could at least get one decent hike in and stay the night in fabulous San Francisco with my generous, beautiful friend Jackie.

Once near Lassen, we saw the sign for Child’s Meadow. With its gorgeous view and close proximity to the park, I figured it was booked, but it had a restaurant on site and I was starving. I figured, let’s grab an early lunch and ask if there might just happen to be a room available.

Lucky for us, there was a room and for under $80. Although the room was sparse, decorated in the yellow, russet, and icky brown that dominated interiors of the 1970’s, we were thrilled to have a place to stay. The folks that operated the place were friendly.

The view outside our window was that of a lush, green meadow and dark blue, black mountains.

Child's Meadow offers:
Full Kitchens Available
No Television
Restaurant on site
Campground spaces available
Some pets allowed (Undelcared Pet Fee $75.00, Pit Bulls, large animals, livestock not allowed)
Guest Laundry
Picnic/Barbeque
Horseshoe Pit
Wedding Facilities

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing, National/State Park
  • Written November 7, 2005
Tip Photo

The view from our window

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful