Little River Inn

See Amenities

Favorite Mendocino area Lodging for 20 years

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 28, 2012

We had 3 very nicely updated rooms in the main (original) building for a family get together. Generally, we were quite pleased as always. I've stayed several times over the years & so have other family members. One room was changed due to smokey smell. Staff was very accommodating. Played golf, ate in restaurant, enjoyed lounging on the patios in the great rockers, enjoying one of the finest views in the area. We had room 139 with a clear unobstructed view of the cove below. The hotel tells me that some people request the treed area on the North end of the building, but I remain skeptical about that.
Our rooms had refrigerators, coffee, and generally, the amenities expected. You would think for $200 plus a nite they'd have updated the bathtub plumbing fixtures too, (they are simple '80's fixtures) kind of basic, but clean, not in disrepair. I'd stay here anytime.

Unique Quality: View, view, view. You can't get this at home. Pack some wine (they furnish the glasses) and enjoy!

CelticSu's Profile Photo

I'm in Bed in the A.M. - I See a Whale Spout!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 5, 2008

I read about the Little River Inn in Sunset Magazine many years ago - how it was on a hill looking out over the ocean, how it was possible to see the migrating gray whales as they traveled south to Mexico or back again to Alaska, how it was top-notch, locally owned by an historic family, etc.

So Little River Inn was the one place I wanted to be sure to stay when we took a road trip along Highway 1 from Crescent City to San Diego way back then. We spent one night at the Inn, and when I woke up in the morning and looked out to sea, I saw a pod of whales spouting - unbelievable! I hadn't left my bed, and there they were! As a friend of ours used to say, "Life doesn't get any better than that!"

Unique Quality: Family owned & run; friendly staff; fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs in some rooms; private cottages as well; Cape Cod styling; serenity; extraordinary views - I can't say enough about it! In addition, there's Ollie's Bar where you can meet the locals as well as visitors, an excellent garden-view dining room, a spa, and a golf course on site!

Directions: About 3 1/2 hours north of the Golden Gate Bridge & 3 1/2 hours south of Eureka; between Albion & Mendocino

Nearby Little River Inn

• Kids Activities
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Little River Travel Forum

Need advice about Little River, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Little River and ask our Answer Gurus.

Little River Travel Guide