Stevenswood Resort And Spa

#1 Stevenswood Court, 8211 North Highway One, Little River, California, 95456, United States

More about Stevenswood Resort And Spa

Would highly recommend Stevenswood

by TripAdvisor Member Travel_Aficionado

I would highly recommend Stevenswood Resort Spa in Little River CA, just 2 miles south of scenic, picturesque Mendocino. Formerly a lodge, the owners have turned it into a getaway destination in itself. Original artwork is everywhere...much of it wine-themed (appropriate due to the area's reputation as an up-and-coming wine region). Cork floors are in the rooms and throughout the resort, making for a quiet (almost "cushioned") walk. The rooms are tastefully decorated with fireplaces and lots of light. I've never had the occasion to sleep on a Tempurpedic mattress before...but after sleeping on one at Stevenswood, I can't stop thinking about getting one. If you need more than what a great mattress can do for you, spa facilities are available right there. Eating at the restaurant there doesn't mean you've had to settle in the name of convenience. Rather, their restaurant is a 5 star (literally!). The dusted salmon is an entree worth driving from The Bay Area to order. The wine list showcases some of the region's best wines. Don't hesitate to ask Michael for a recommendation (e.g. Esterlina Estate Pinot Noir...very affordaby priced, too). The surroundings are serene and peaceful....yet not "too serious," thanks to the colorful ceramic mushrooms scattered around the grounds (they will give you a basket and you can "harvest" some to take home). And in case you're thinking about how great a getaway like this would be, but you don't want to leave that special member of the family behind (your dog or cat)...pets are welcome. We plan on returning to Stevenswood soon!

Incredible Resort

Staying at this hotel was wonderful and I definitly had a sensational experience. This is one hotel in which you must stay at. The rooms are very well designed and the staff made me feel as if i were royalty. The hot tub was very relaxing after a hard-day's hiking. But above all was the breathtaking breakfast. I can honestly say that the breakfast served at Stevenswood was the best breakfast that I had ever tasted. The chef has amazing talent and I am very happy that I got to eat such a magnificent meal. I highly recommend this resort and spa.

Loved the Stevenswood!!!

My husband and I were so excited to visit Mendocino and found the Stevenswood exactly what we were hoping for. The rooms are comfortable and large. The hotel is quaint, yet has all the amenities you need. The staff is friendly, kind, and happy to help. The hotel has cozy outdoor jacuzzis under the beautiful scenery with trees all around you. The food in the Stevenswood restaurant is amazing..each day I was delighted to have breakfast in the dining room, and we had a terrific dinner there as well. When we return to Mendocino, this is absolutely the place we will stay..it was wonderful and I truly recommend it!

Wonderful experience

We thoroughly enjoyed three days at Stevenswood. The setting is lovely: wooded, quiet, a state park is a short walk out the back door and the headlands and ocean are a short walk out the front door. The accomodations were comfortable and spacious. We particularly enjoyed the fireplace during the cool morning hours. The staff was friendly and very helpful; no request posed a problem for them. The room staff was efficient and invisible. And the kitchen staff was superb. Breakfasts were great and dinner was even better. The kitchen prepared a wonderful picnic lunch for us to take up the coast on a sight-seeing drive. It was diffficult to leave such a relaxing accomodation.

Relaxing get away

by TripAdvisor Member sherlou

We chose this place from the internet. The photo's on the site make it look a little bit nicer than it is. The current owners have only had it 1 1/2years and they need to do some staining on the outside and powerwashing of the decks, but the gardens and birds are wonderful. My husband thought the outside looked rustic and and just fine. Inside the place is very relaxing. The rooms are spacious each with a fireplace (we didn't use) and lots of windows to enjoy the lovely views. You don't need to spend extra for the ocean view, the gardens and woods are just as nice. We stayed on the second floor and they have an area with the internet and couches to sit and read. The room was clean and they provided the usual spa things, by Hermes. The best part is the food. The dinner was superb as was the breakfast. The dinning room is so peaceful and attractive. The owner was very friendly and they have wonderful art everywhere, that they sell. We really enjoyed our stay and think you will too. Medocino is cute, a bit touristy but since we have travelled further up the coast it is looking a lot better. The scenery along Hwy1 is outstanding,but gone are the cute little towns.

We'll be back.

Clean, comfortable, and a beautiful location make Stevenswood a great introduction to Mendocino. The restaurant is excellent and the beds are incredible. We enjoyed a view of the ocean from our room as well as from the outdoor garden. Staff is friendly and most welcoming, but not all up-in-your-business. Explore the headlands and ocean cliffs in a 10 minute hike across Hwy 1. All we needed (and more) was provided. Make sure to check out their last minute getaway bargain deals. Stevenswood is definitely worth the trip.

Best Hotel in Mendocino

We needed a place to get away and spend some time relaxing with our dogs.
A place that would be quiet and remote, but not isolated.
We chose Stevenswood because they take dogs and have a huge property for them to run and play.
The staff is extremely attentive. From the moment we arrived till checkout they provided us with everything we needed, including complimentary wine and a doggie welcome tray (including italian bottled water for the dogs) on arrival.
Room was quiet, spacious, and comfortable, with a view of the ocean and the garden full of birds, chipmonks and bunnies, which the staff feed twice a day. One of our dogs sat in the window and watched the wildlife with her tail wagging for several hours.
Food in the restaurant was well above our expectations, both Breakfast and Dinner.

We were only able to stay one night, but by the time it came to checkout, we were wishing it could have been a week.

A Place to Decompress...

by TripAdvisor Member swoodwor1

Our first time to Mendocino Coast, and we picked a good place to stay. Not a destination for the hyper-active...a great place to kick back and enjoy. Our room was very nice (although toilet could use a bit more umph...) and the fireplace a great evening companion. The food, both dinner & breakfast, were first class. New chef doing quite well.Very quiet and laid back with great natural scenery and an unpretentous air. Would certainly recommend to others who want to relax and partake!

Relaxation in the Woods

by TripAdvisor Member wenbol

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at Stevenswood. We would highly recommend this resort. We stayed in the Mahlman room on the second floor. We had a gorgeous view of the woods and a small view of the ocean.. The room was very open and had a lot of windows. Our favorite feature was the fireplace, with plenty of wood. We also had a fire on one of the decks. It was very relaxing. The service was exceptional in both the resort and the restaurant. We had dinner in the restaurant one evening and two mornings. Very good food. We took the "12 minute" walk across the street to the bluffs. There is a cute little bench to sit on and watch the sunset. It is a pretty walk. We saw some deer on the walk back to the resort. We also picked some of the ceramic mushrooms to take home. We loved everything about our experience at Stevenswood. The staff is very open to suggestions about improvements. The only thing we suggested was better workout equipment. Great experience overall!

Willing Suspension In Time and Space

Although I spent 3 days at Stevenswood it was all too fleeting. From the gentle awakening to birds chirping in the morning to serene walks on the trails adjoining Van Damme State Park in the evening, I never had a need to turn on the television (even with HBO offered).

The Spa staff was welcoming, accomdating and will to fulfill any request at the drop of a hat. A heavenly Swedish massage on my second day there and my trip was more than exceeding all my wishes for a getaway.

Thanks to Michael and all the staff at Stevenswood -- now in my top 5 lists of all time favorite retreats.

(CC) Angela Sevin: Little River, behind the Deli(CC) Angela Sevin: Little River, behind the Deli

your own cabinyour own cabin

Comments