Hilton Garden Inn Livermore (2801 Constitution Drive )

2801 Constitution Drive

EntranceEntrance

Travel Tips for Livermore

Big White House

by Agraichen

This winery started in the owners home, a big white house. The tasting room locate at 6800 Greenville Road is a few miles from the winery which is located in down town Livermore.

Like most Livermore wineries, this is small lot using only premium grapes from the area. Unlike many of the larger operations, Big White Hous does not regularly practice fining and filtration which makes for very individual character in their varietals.

The owner's son is probably the youngest winemaker in the region. He started professionally in 1998 while still in high school. His first release was in 2001 and since 2004 the releases (2-4 per year) have typically been sold out before the release.

Concannon Vineyard

by Agraichen

Established in 1863, Concannon is one of the oldest wineries in the area as it has been producing wine for over 120 years. Located just next to Retzlaff, (or maybe it should be the other way around), the original home of james Concannon is the heat of the operation.

First in the area to bottle Petite Sirah, it is internationally known for it's award winning wines.

Tasting Daily 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Located at 4590 Tesla Road Livermore

Cozy Downtown Japanese Restaurant

by AlbuqRay about Kawa Sushi

Kawa Sushi has been in downtown Livermore for a while (since 1998). It may be taken for granted a little now but it is a very nice place to eat. Kawa Sushi has been voted as the Best Sushi Restaurant by Tri-Valley Herald readers numerous times. Both the food and the service are excellent. Small groups may have their own side room or eat teppan style. I had the three item bento (box lunch) with saba shiokai (broiled mackerel), tempura, and gyoza (pot stickers) for $12.95. The gyoza sauce was the best I had ever had! The house premium green tea was excellent also.

Oakland Airport Fast Food

by AlbuqRay about 360 Degree Gourmet Burrito

The Oakland airport is the closest airport to Livermore. When I am there, I like to get a 360 Degree Gourmet Burrito. They are fast and delicious. It is in the old terminal (#1), so you must go through security to get to it. The lime and garlic dressing chicken burrito with black beans is excellent.

A Part of my Past, Present, and Future.

by TouristOne

"Livermore, California."

A big part of my life will forever belong to Livermore. Many of life's experiences, be them good, be them bad, I experienced here. This is where I grew up, and where I still spend much of my time--about three months per year--on-and-off. Much of my reletives live here and in the surrounding area. While here, I spend time with family, friends and old aquantences. Also, I make it a point to go some place new in the area everytime I visit, yet I find myself frequenting places from my past, revisiting the past is inescapeable.....familiar faces, familiar places. But regardless, where ever I go in this world, whatever I am to become.....Livermore will always be in my heart, close to home.

"A Brief History of Livermore"

Livermore was founded by William Mendenhall in 1869, but named after Robert Livermore who married Josefa Higuera Molina in 1838. They made their home Rancho Las Positas which was big part of the present day city. Livermore's history makes it that of an agricultural community, with many ranches and vineyards which still flourish today. It is also one of the most desirable citys of America to live.

"A Profile of Livermore"