De La Cour Ranch

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Camping Hiking and Walking Fishing

Cabin rentals

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 7, 2012

We have vacationed at the De La Cour Ranch cabins for three years . We loved it. The first year we booked the cabin and the next two following years we booked the whole facility and brought friends and family. As a result of our stay, many of our friends and family have booked her facility.

This last stay did not turn out so good though. I originally booked it for 5 night stay but we changed the dates and Julie did not change the dates so as a result we arrived a day late and had to leave a day early because she already book the last day to another party. To make matters worse the septic system backed up so the bath house was out of commission.

I take half the blame for the booking discrepancy. Booking by email is part of that problem. I much prefer booking by phone but contacting her is hit and miss.

The septic problem was not their fault though but a portable toilet would have been nice.

To compensate for the booking mess up and the plumbing Julie offered us a one night refund and two nights stay for the whole facility free for future use. I told her that she did not have to give us the whole facility but I would accept the cabin for two nights and the one night refund.

"The refund check is in the mail" Julie emailed me. That was 4 weeks ago and she has not responded to several of my emails.

I guess the one night refund is more important to her than all of the business we gave her.

Directions: Alamama Hills

calgal05 Jan 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I tried booking for a few days after Christmas, I reached Julie and she told me because of personal plans, she may or may not have a cabin to rent..because she MAY not have a cleaning staff, but told me she would get back to me within 24 hrs to let me know. After thinking about it, the place looked sooooo cute, We left a message and e mailed her telling her we would bring our own linens AND clean the place up...STILL..after trying to contact her several times, never got even a courtesy "no..sorry" email or phone call...guess they don't need the business that bad...too bad...

Lone Pine Travel Forum

Need advice about Lone Pine, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Lone Pine and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lone Pine hotel reviews