AVIA Long Beach

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about AVIA Long Beach

An Absolutely Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jmonte96

The AVIA Long Beach is a wonderful hotel. At check - in we found out that we were double charged for our room (we pre-paid), no problems, no questions we were refunded. The bell staff is AMAZING. They were always available to answer questions, ask if you needed anything, etc. The roof top pool is beautiful, clean and very relaxing. We ate breakfast in the hotel every morning except one. The beds are extremely comfortable. The only "negative" I would have to say is that housekeeping did not take our used glasses out of the room, so everything was still there when we returned that evening. The hotel is close to many restaurants, shops and just a very short walk to the beach/harbor. If you have a convention in the Long Beach area, stay at the AVIA, it's only a short walk to the convention center and it's so much smaller and more personal than the large chain hotels. Well done, AVIA!

One of the best hotel we have stayed

by TripAdvisor Member superatsu

I was planning a surprise 30th birthday weekend trip to L.A for my husband and booked this hotel through expedia.com since they were having a huge sale. The hotel is new and I couldn't find much reviews of this hotel, so I was really nervous until we got there.
I wanted everything to be perfect for my husband since he is really picky when it comes to choosing a hotel.
When we got there, the staff welcomed us at the entrance and helped us carry our luggage right away. As soon as we saw the lobby, we knew that this hotel is going to be great. The room was very new, clean and modern, the bed was so soft and comfy (just like the heavenly bed at Westin Hotel or Sofitel's), and we had a free WiFi in the room!!! The staff were all very nice and helpful. We live in NYC so we thought "Wow! people in California are much nicer!!!" We wanted to go to Laguna Beach, so we asked one of the staff how to get there and he not only told us the direction, but he recommended us to go to this really nice restaurant by the beach and even made a reservation for us. Thanks to him. we had a great time in Laguna. Our stay at Avia Long Beach was excellent. We loved everything about this hotel. We stayed at The London West Hollywood next day, and we missed Avia's comfy bed. I am so glad I found this hotel.

Glam Little Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member KellyLS

I live less than 2 hours from Long Beach, so I guess our weekend here counts as a "staycation." I'm pretty familiar with LB, and was excited to find out about the new Avia and it's proximity to Pine & The Pike entertainment area.

The hotel is very new & thus still very clean -- I hope it stays that way, as we had a wonderful stay & hope to return sometime. The room was very elegant and modern, loved the decor and the television that swings from the sitting area to the bed. The lobby and halls are also very nicely decorated and make a good first impression.

We visited the pool area after dark and admired the view (a little bummed to know that the bar up there closes so early, I was hoping for a cocktail and it was before 8pm.) But the bar downstairs off the lobby was also nice and the female bartender was great, and the food smelled good, thought we didn't eat here.

My one negative is that I was somewhat disappointed in the size of the room. Nice room, nice amenities, but it is rather small, and I had upgraded to their nicer king room. Not sure why I did that, as can't imagine that the standard king would be any smaller. Also (and this has nothing to do with the hotel), the Pike area in general seems affected by the economy; it was pretty quiet out there on a warm Saturday night in late September. Seemed frequented mostly by local teenagers and other tourists, this is NOT the go-to place for the local hipsters, and is mostly stocked with chain restaurants and a Borders.

Overall, great location, great design, good value.

Beautiful Rooms in a great location!

by TripAdvisor Member DesireeToler

We loved this hotel! Hubby & I stayed here to be near the beach, but also to shop, eat & drink w/o having to take cabs everywhere. This was perfect. The room was beautiful. Everything is new and luxuriously comfy. Not pretentious! Awesome rooftop pool/ bar view of the harbor.

average experience

by TripAdvisor Member jrkdal

The hotel located inside the shopping center, so I had hard time to find the hotel. The parking fee was free if you get validate from the hotel with in/out privilege. I liked the hotel, but the customer service was bad. The front desk staff, one who helped me, never smiled at all during my check-in time. And she did not even tell us about validation ticket, so we might be ended up with pay paking fees. The room deco was nice and trendy, but not suprised.

Really nice hotel with a pleasent staff.

by TripAdvisor Member boingchicken

I stayed here for a couple of nights while on business in Long Beach. The Avia is a very nice hotel. The roof top swimming pool was lovely and open late. The room I got was obviously newly decorated and had a really great style about it. In fact the whole hotel really gets high marks for the way it looks and feel. Very close proximity to the restaurants/bars at long beach, and a rental car (Avis I think) just up the hill made it very easy for me to stay here.

Fabulous Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member funtrip44

We stayed at the Avia on the Sunday after our Mexican Riviera Cruise with Carnival Cruiselines. Our stay at the Avia was wonderful. We were able to take one of the red tranport buses from the cruise termal for free to the hotel. We arrived late morning at the Avia and were very cheerfully greeted and checked in to our room by the front desk. The location is wonderful as we enjoyed our day in the Pike area. Would highly rec this hotel and would love to stay here in the future. Fabulous rates on Expedia! Well done Avia!!!!

New, modern, beautifully decorated and architected, marvelous well-trained staff, superlative service.

by TripAdvisor Member SavvyAviator

I booked this hotel because it was brand new and offering a very attractive promotional rate. I didn't know what to expect, but frankly I was blown away. The place is gorgeous, ultra-modern, rooms are lovely mini-suites perfect for someone like me who works in his room at his laptop. Hotel was only open for 2.5 months when I stayed there, and I always worry about poor service at new places where the staff isn't well-trained yet, but the service was the best I've encountered for a long time, reminiscent of European hotels (where they take service more seriously than in the US). My expectations were exceeded in every regard, and I will make the AVIA my home away from home in Long Beach.

Fabulous location. Right at the foot of the 710 freeway so getting everywhere is easy. Right at The Pike's restaurant row, so there are literally dozens of restaurants within a block or so. Huge parking structure adjacent so parking is no problem. Right by the Long Beach Aquarium and Convention Center and all sorts of shopping (if you're into stuff like that).

Fabulous Boutique Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AshleyAb

We stayed here for the Women's Conference. Loved everything about this hotel. Close to convention center, tasteful decor, great food & cocktails, friendly staff, free speedy internet access, adequate fitness center. Loved the huge shower with rain shower head & also in handheld, well stocked mini bar, nice amenities (shampoo, lotion, etc.). There are no negatives. This is the best place to stay in Long Beach. My only suggestions are to have more staff on in lounge when there is a large conference, and also towel bars in the bathroom would be helpful.

Love it!

by TripAdvisor Member Danni0005

If you have to stay in Long Beach, this is a great hotel. Very cute--hip--cool. Very "boutique-y." Lobby is very nice, bar downstairs is great. (VERY odd that the tables and chairs on 1 side of bar look like they came straight from Denny's tho??). Staff was wonderful. Food service a little slow. Great happy hour. My room is perfect! Very big, and love the sitting room and TV that swings around so you can watch it from bed. Bathroom large, wonderful shower. Nice amenities. Bed super comfy--ANDFREE WiFi! (I am writing from my bed now!). Gym was OK.... It is a nice switch from the usual Hyatt or Westin around here--as I am here for a convention.

Pool is gorgeous. I wish they had a bar up there tho? I was there about 7 pm--and nothing. But they had cool music and cabanas. Room service menu is sparse. I just wanted bacon and eggs and it was almost $20. It was fast and good.

Again, the people were all super nice, and I really enjoyed my room. I had to stay at the Maya last week--and NEVER again! I will always stay at AVIA when I need to be in Long Beach. I hope they get rid of the early American tables and chairs in the bar downstairs so it feels like a fun and cool bar?? It was kinda a touch of "909!"

The area is very quiet--due to the economy I am sure. I wouldn't really come here for a vacation. But loved it for business.

Comments