701 W Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, California, 90831-3102, United States

Priceline.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Hilton Exceeds Expectations

I would absolutely stay here again because the location is prime - it's walking distance to all the cool stuff to do in the long beach area especially pine street.

Everything was great, especially the friendly service.

The pool area and health center are impressive.

• Smartblonde's Profile Photo

Great View at the Hilton

I live in Long Beach, renting an old Spanish duplex on 1st street, near the ocean. Recently we took a little mini-vacation, booking a great room at the Hilton down the street for a few days, on Ocean, and were impressed with the room, the staff, and the excellent view from our balcony---I think we were on the 11th floor. If I remember correctly, it was not really pricy for the deluxe room with balcony; they brought in a fridge for us, and welcomed our 2 small dogs as well. The room service was good, but fairly expensive, and you would want to avoid the nearby park, which seems to contain many homeless people camping out...but the area is eclectic and safe, and it's near Pine, the Pike, and other attractions.

Long Beach has an interesting grunge element to it, and a great cultural mix which you may not find elsewhere. We have had a few stays at the Coast Long Beach Hotel, right on the water and not extremely expensive, which were very nice, and it's near the Queen Mary, which can be seen well from the hotel. Their staff were also genuine, down-to-earth, and helpful, and their room service was good. You may want to check out their website; I know they are remodeling so things may have changed somewhat at the Coast.

Good luck--we spent some time in England a few years ago, and I wish to God I had gotten better information and planned more carefully. It would have been a much better trip.

Unique Quality: Staff was warm, professional, and especially kind to my dogs.

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

Hilton

US$120+

Unique Quality: The view is great, I'm sure. Although I've never actually stayed here, I practically live in the lobby and bar. Because of it's location, this Hilton has a great view of the Queen Mary from some of its rooms.

Directions: One World Trade Center - it's attached to the World Trade Center on Ocean Ave.

More about Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center

We had a lovely stay!

by TripAdvisor Member greatpersonality

We stayed at the Hilton Long Beach in the middle of March for several days. We arrived at Long Beach Airport and rented a car to travel to Universal Studios, Disneyland, and all of the traditional California destinations. It was just a few minutes' car ride to the hotel, about 25 miles to Disneyland and about 35 miles to Universal.

The hotel was tastefully decorated in an oriental style. It was very up to date and modern, and also very, very quiet, which was extremely nice. We heard the next-door neighbor's faucet running maybe once or twice the entire time (very nice compared to some other hotels). Our room had, as the photos for this hotel will show, the very pretty quilted silk headboard and silk bedspread. Art in the room included enlargements of old photos taken during Long Beach's heyday in the 1920s. The bathroom was quite roomy and was furnished with Crabtree and Evelyn soaps and shampoos. There was also a hairdryer, iron, and ironing board. It was all very nice.

We ate breakfast every morning in the hotel's restaurant, and the food each day was excellent. I personally enjoyed the fresh fruit platter and french toast. We ordered from the menu but there was a large buffet selection available daily.

This hotel is in driving distance to the Pike (an entertainment venue in Long Beach). We drove there for food once, and it was too far to walk. There is supposed to be a shuttle that goes around Long Beach, but we had the rental car so we didn't need it.

We got the room at a great rate through Priceline and had absolutely a positive experience with the Hilton Long Beach.

Too far from convention center

I was shunted to the Hilton when hotels (Weston, etc.) closer to the Convention Center booked up. The Hilton is nearly a mile away not only from the Convention Center, but from the new Rainbow Park harbor and aquarium, too. There is nothing to do at this end of town. The hotel has one overpriced grill room and an okay buffet breakfast spot onsite. If you want to eat elsewhere, you'll need to take a cab or hoof it many blocks. The outdoor pool has a maximum depth of 3-feet, but there is a good-sized health club onsite with Cybex machines, bikes and treadmills, open 24-hours for guests. It's amazing to me that luxury hotels such as this one still charge for wireless access (here it's 9.95/day), while Comfort Inns offer it for free, but there you are. Sparse offerings on cable tv, too. A previous reviewer commented on "views of the harbor". Well, sort of. Many rooms (including mine on the 9th floor) had views mostly blocked by hi-rise buildings across the street.

A nice place to stay....The Hilton

The Hilton was a very beautiful hotel. During my check in I found the gentleman at the front desk staff to be very rude. As my stay progressed I found it to be only that one person who was uneasy, the rest of the staff was very polite. The Hitlon is a walk from downtown Long Beach, however with buses running for free it was easy to get where I wanted. Since the buses stop running through the Hilton after 10pm, I found that it was a nice walk back to the hotel with the weather being so nice (as compared to Texas). The only complaint I have is that breakfast was not included and that you had to pay for internet. Overall, I did enjoy my stay at the Hilton and would stay there again.

Smells like puke

by TripAdvisor Member mike0131

Not the worst stay I have ever had at a hotel, but definitely the worst for any hotel over 2 stars. This is also the worst rating I have ever given a hotel on tripadvisor. The rooms are nice but the hallways are a disaster, heavily stained and smell of puke. The operational procedures of the hotel are also terrible. They messed up on our room confirmation, billing, and key system. They also performed an illegal function in that they changed our rate in the middle of our stay(which was their mistake). They still thought it was ok to just bill my card the new rate anyway since they had my number. Ill bet Paris would not approve.

Anyway, this is the second bad stay I have had at a Hilton recently, used to like them, so they are now officially on my ban list.

So if you like the smell of puke(which by the way is on multiple floors) knock yourself out at this place.

Hilton Decor is Beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member Vernalyn

The hotel is beautiful. We had booked a 'no smoking room' months ago. But were told on checking in, they only had smoking rooms left. We tried to make do, but kept waking during the night to the terrible smell. We ran the air but the windows did not open so the odor was trapped. The next day our grandson said, "Grandpa, your clothes stink".
The next day after my husband requestied a change, they did give us a 'non smoking room', it's windows opened, go figure.
On check out we requested a bellman. We had two families to pack up. We waited over 30 minutes and after several calls I went to the desk. They said they only had two bellman and they were busy with guests.
I would think that they would have known there would be alot of people checking out Sunday morning and would have brought extra people in.
All in all it was an ok stay. Remodeling was being done while we were there but I find that understandable, it has to be done sometime, right?
If I could make a suggestion to the hotel it would be: Give us some shelves in the bathroom. There is no room to set toiletries.

Definitely not what I expected from a Hilton Hotel

From checking in to checking out there was some sort of problem. I was visiting California for the first time for a conference and was greatly disappointed. I had made my reservations 2 months in advance and upon arriving was told that first they couldn't find my reservation then that there were no rooms available and that they were going to look for another hotel. Although I appreciated their effort, it was 12am and there were 3 national conferences going on in the area at the time thus nothing was open. Finally an hour later they found me a room within the hotel and I was told that for the inconvenience, my first night would not be charged. The decor was nice and staff was ok depending on the shift (night shift not a happy group). Public transportation was scarce and room service a bit slow. Taxis took a good 20-30 minutes for pickup when using a bell boy to get one. When checking out, there were charges that I did not incur on the bill, the first night was charged as well as the check out day even though it was 10am (check out is by noon). The first person I spoke to at the desk did not want to accept that the bill was incorrect but the manager was great and although what he could do was limited at the time, they did get back to me during the week after I had gotten home to resolve the issues on the bill. I was still charged for the first night even though I was told it was not to be charged. I had asked the bell boy to have a taxi pick me up and was told an estimated fare of $45 to LAX but instead he took it upon himself to call a towncar/limo service at $75 to LAX. The area is a bit seedy at night (blood stains on side walk and bullet holes in concrete walls) as well as a good amount of homeless on the strip between the hotel and the conference center.

For $69/nite - excellent value

by TripAdvisor Member gstabc

We stayed at this hotel pre-cruise leaving out of San Pedro. Although it is located in the business district (you'll need a car or shuttle service to get around), it is a very nice hotel 4/5 star. Did not use the restaurants as we ate out but very quiet and comfortable on the weekends. There is a garage with self-park for $11/day. Would stay here again.

Comments