4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Best place to stay!

I was very lucky to stay here due to a some software training I was recieving for work. The hotel is huge, but it was easy to navigate and find my room. My room was nicely decorated, comfortable, and a pretty nice view. I had views of the ponds, harbors, and the beautiful huge mural on the Long Beach Arena.

• Good hotel in Long Beach

A good hotel not to far from the beach and close to several rstaurants.

The hotel has a nice pool and a fitness room.

The beach nearby is protected and suited for swimming, but not for surfing

Tram to Los Angeles within walking distance, but the hotel might be to far away if planning to visit many of the main attractions in Los Angeles.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

I didn't get to stay here but...

I didn't get to stay here but it sure looks nice from the outside.... Yes, I'd definitely recommend the Long Beach Hyatt Regency Hotel to you.

More about Hyatt Regency Long Beach

Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member bluedove_3

We drove in from Texas and based our decision on the reviews read from here. I am so happy we followed the reviews. Excellent location. We stayed about 4 days with our 3 younger children. We walked downtown to Wal-Mart and felt safe the whole time. Personally, I didn't see any war zones in Long Beach, though I had heard some areas are bad. The hotel personnel were good, but at one time they could not find our car keys. Downtown seemed a little quiet during the day. But for singles and families, its a good hotel and location.

Great hotel with a great location

We stayed here just for one night prior to a cruise leaving from the Port of Los Angeles and it was outstanding. The room was one of the best I have ever experienced with a very comfortable bed and the bathroom amenities were excellent. We did eat in the restaurant for lunch and breakfast which was a little pricy but you not exhorbitant for a hotel. The staff were extremely courteous and everyone you encountered asked if you were having a good stay. I accidentally left my coat in the lounge and I found it the next day in the lost and found it neatly wrapped in a plastic bag. It was centrally located to several attractions and we would definitely stay there again.

Amazing Place

by TripAdvisor Member stokieadam

For a honeymoon couple staying in what was potentially an American business hotel, we had a wonderful time. The room was lovely had a great view of the Queen Mary boat (although this is not worth a visit for the money). The pool was lovely and intimate and always had room around it for a nice relax after the hustle and bustle of LA. Long Beach is just the best place - very laid back, welcoming and very friendly. A few US students / young people around at night but not intimidating whatsoever - contrary to other remarks on here.
The drive to LA was sometimes arduous in the traffic and often took a while to get to anywhere but dont let this put you off. Its nice to be away from the action. Only fault was parking charges although as Virgin guest we get parking free!! Happy Days.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member KEITH10

We stayed at this Hotel for three nights prior to embarking on a cruise from San Pedro.

Overall we thought that the Hotel was nice. We had a club room so enjoyed the additional amentiies such as breakfast provided in the club room.

As others said, the rooms have been updated so we were pleased with the overall cleanliness of the room.

The biggest advantage of the Hotel is that there is lots to do in Long Beach and we were able to walk to everything from the Queen Mary which is about a 45 minute walk, to the Aquarium which was about a 15 minute walk, to a variety of very nice restaurants to the downtown area with various restaurants and stores. We couldn't have asked for a better location. It wasn't too far the day we were driven from the Hotel to the Cruise Ship Terminal in San Pedro.

The one item that I was not pleased with was at check-in. As some others have said, we were not happy with the check-in experience. The person who checked us in did not initially make much if any eye contact with us and asked me the same question multiple times because she didn't listen for my answer the first time around. Finally, while we requested a club room, there were none available on that floor so she assigned us to another room, but we could still use the room. She made no effort to apologize.

Again, overall we greatly enjoyed the Hotel in spite of the attitude of the check in person. I did provide comments about this incident on the hotel comment card and I did get a call back right away.

Nice Hotel - Great Locatioin

by TripAdvisor Member Jim620

Stayed here on a business trip. The hotel was nice. The location was great since you could walk to most things. For a person from the mid-west the weather was great in April but there were no crowds. The $17 Super shuttle ride from LAX was a big money saver - no need to rent a car. There are plenty of nice restaurants like Outback, PF Changs, Gladstones, Chillis, California Pizza Kitchen, right nearby. The people were friendly. I would go back again for a few days of relaxation.

Hotel in a Very Nice Location

We stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights prior to a cruise. The hotel is in a very nice location and safe to walk around the area. There are lots of restaurants nearby to choose from for lunch or dinners (not sure about breakfast). We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant one morning, very nice but pricy ($16/pp inc hot buffet) and with limited selections. It's a hotel and that's what tourists have to pay I guess! Rooms are very nice and clean and offer pretty good views of the city or beach. We had 2 connecting rooms for our family so our 2 yr old can run around in both rooms. Rooms itself are standard size and although very nice, nothing really outstanding compared to other hotels in the same class.
Front desk people were friendly but it seems the bell men are more eager to help and provide lots of information for tourist like us. (probably hoping for more tips!)
The lobby is very nice but it looks a lot bigger and more grand on the internet photos than in reality. Overall, a very good hotel and we would stay there again whenever we are in Long Beach.

Comments